Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
as long as it's a valid reason, from birth

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, I'm referring to assisted suicide and I can definitely see that. I personally don't like 18, ONLY because the age of majority varies country to country and I've never met a fully functional, fully mature 18 year old. I think that all the things they can do, they shouldn't even be allowed to, but that's just me.

I think 18-21 should be a transitional period, where we have like "Minor adults" who are slowly introduced into the world of adulting.

The youngest I can personally see someone being allowed to apply for euthanasia is 21, then there's like a series of tests that take around year+ in which time, the applicant can back out or put their plans on hold.

I think the assesment process would hopefully work out where someone was maturity-wise. It varies from person to person. Some people in their 30's aren't 'fully functional.' Probably every assisted suicide has to be assesed individually I imagine. Plus- I imagine with young adults- the parents would need to be involved- to avoid law suits afterwards.

May I ask what age you first had suicidal thoughts? I was 10. I've had ideation for 33 years. I sympathise very deeply with suicidal minors. It's really upsetting to have someone patronize you by saying you're basically too inexperienced to know your own mind yet. For them- it's incredibly real and bear in mind- to be suicidal from such a young age- it's more than likely something traumatic has ALREADY happened to them. Yes- they may well get over it as they mature but a part of it will stay with them. The world has sadly ALREADY been tainted. Plus- 'recovery' takes hope I would argue. Many suicidal minors have already lost hope. I don't know how you give hope and the will to live back to someone once it has been lost. Are they really going to be able to put in the effort now to turn their lives around? I mean- I hope so- it's not like I like the thought of children killing themselves. Still- I can appreciate how bleak their outlook is.

Just out of interest- how do you feel about teenage pregnancy? If a child has a child- should it immediately be fostered? Surely- the parents- if they are even together don't have the maturity to raise a human being? How is that ok but deciding to end your own life not?

Reactions: Ash’Girl, Painfu.Ll.suffering, uniqueusername39 and 1 other person
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
I think in overwhelmingly hard situations, like extreme illness, etc.., a child's parents could decide with the child and a team of doctors snf scientists whether or not to kill the child, but overall, I'd say still that the option should be presented to people at 21 and the actual euthanasia occurs at 25, after s series of tests, etc…

Also, for those wondering, I did mean when someone should get the option to apply for it, I understand that the right should exist from birth, but the actual giving of the option should happen later.

Wouldn't it be so cool if it was something we could apply for and we would get a last meal, an outfit to die in, a last wish that would be granted, etc. like we could request to have a small farewell party with those we love most.
I
I think the assesment process would hopefully work out where someone was maturity-wise. It varies from person to person. Some people in their 30's aren't 'fully functional.' Probably every assisted suicide has to be assesed individually I imagine. Plus- I imagine with young adults- the parents would need to be involved- to avoid law suits afterwards.

May I ask what age you first had suicidal thoughts? I was 10. I've had ideation for 33 years. I sympathise very deeply with suicidal minors. It's really upsetting to have someone patronize you by saying you're basically too inexperienced to know your own mind yet. For them- it's incredibly real and bear in mind- to be suicidal from such a young age- it's more than likely something traumatic has ALREADY happened to them. Yes- they may well get over it as they mature but a part of it will stay with them. The world has sadly ALREADY been tainted. Plus- 'recovery' takes hope I would argue. Many suicidal minors have already lost hope. I don't know how you give hope and the will to live back to someone once it has been lost. Are they really going to be able to put in the effort now to turn their lives around? I mean- I hope so- it's not like I like the thought of children killing themselves. Still- I can appreciate how bleak their outlook is.

Just out of interest- how do you feel about teenage pregnancy? If a child has a child- should it immediately be fostered? Surely- the parents- if they are even together don't have the maturity to raise a human being? How is that ok but deciding to end your own life not?
I had my first thoughts very young— like 8, but I've had so many good memories since then I'm glad I didn't did then. If my life isn't better by 30, I plan to CTB.

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
No matter how miserable you are in life, as OP said, your brain isn't fully developed until that age which objectively speaking makes it a good overall indicator. You should never base rules on exceptions, you should however try to base it on stats, facts and majority.
I think the brain stops fully developing at 25. So maybe then? That being said, I'm not there yet and I have wanted to ctb many times.
In my previous post I linked an article that explains why that's a myth. If you want to 'base it on stats, facts', at least do some research to check if what you're saying are facts.
I wholly agree.

I Do Not nor will I Ever agree with FuneralCry on the topic of antinatalism. I think it's frankly a narrow minded viewpoint.

Yes, there is suffering in the world but that's because the people in charge are too lazy to help those who need it, but NOT everything in the world is bad and not EVERYONE is suffering. Yes, I'm very suicidal and I struggle every single day, but I certainly don't regret being born and the fact that there are people out there who say I shouldn't have been is frankly rather offensive and harmful to our cause.

If Children can decide things for themselves, then why not lower the age of consent? If little kids can choose to die, should they be able to choose when to have sex? to be tattoos? Should we send small children to work?

No, because children cannot make rational and logical decisions for themselves.

My only issue with this is that 18 is not a solid, logical number because all it is is when the government deems us adults and this changes country to country. The truth is that 18 year olds are still just teenagers we force to be and act older and more mature than they are.
That is so offensive: "I Do Not nor will I Ever agree with FuneralCry on the topic of antinatalism."

You're just not a rational person, and it's impossible to reason with one. That's why you stated some myth as fact without researching first, and reply with knee-jerk reactions to the most fundamental insights about the world.

Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber, ijustwishtodie, SexyIncél and 4 others
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
In my previous post I linked an article that explains why that's a myth. If you want to 'base it on stats, facts', at least do some research to check if what you're saying are facts.

That is so offensive: "I Do Not nor will I Ever agree with FuneralCry on the topic of antinatalism."

You're just not a rational person, and it's impossible to reason with one. That's why you stated some myth as fact without researching first, and reply with knee-jerk reactions to the most fundamental insights about the world.
You can feel and think however you like snd I respect that and all I did was state my opinion. I believe antinatalism goes against basic human instinct and is a thought process of someone who has no concept of how others feel about their own lives. Just because we all struggle, doesn't mean everyone does, so we shouldn't push our feelings on others.

• Hmph!
Reactions: uniqueusername39, Embalmer and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
DazaiKinnie

DazaiKinnie

Cringe Isekai Author
Apr 27, 2023
I personally think 25, because that isn't just an age of majority based on country but is a time in every humans life when their brain is fully developed.
From 18, or even earlier if you have a terminal or incurable illness. Once you are an adult you should be able to make this decision, the right to die should apply to everyone, with a waiting period of course for some cases.

Reactions: heavyeyes
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
18. By then, they are an adult and can make their own decisions and it is their choice to save themselves from a life of pain if they see it as so.
Clearly not from months old (infants) I mean—c'mon, they have no awareness of anything then, nor kid; no.

Reactions: heavyeyes and Unwr!tten
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
You can feel and think however you like snd I respect that and all I did was state my opinion. I believe antinatalism goes against basic human instinct and is a thought process of someone who has no concept of how others feel about their own lives. Just because we all struggle, doesn't mean everyone does, so we shouldn't push our feelings on others.
You can feel however you want, antinatalists are saying you have no right to gamble with another's life - as you don't know how it will turn out and no one has any needs in non-existence. Just respect that no one can consent to being born, so harming them (potentially very significantly) is criminal.

• Love
Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber, uniqueusername39, Avyn and 4 others
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
Children (< legal voting age) should only have access to Euthanasia on condition they are suffering from a physical or psychological illness that is both incurable and puts them under unreasonable amounts of anguish. Of course the line where it's no longer reasonable is a difficult one to draw and will have to be decided by both a medical professional, the child's parents and the child itself.

As for adults it should be entirely up to them, but only after a reasonable time (24 months?) of reflection in which they are presented with potential alternative solutions. Shorter time frames apply when serious physical or psychological pain is involved and the condition is incurable.

• Love
Reactions: dazed_dreamer, Jallu55 and Unwr!tten
terminalending

terminalending

Student
Feb 18, 2023
In your early 20s sounds reasonable enough. Although, I have a feeling that should not be applied to all countries (maybe?). I may be alone in this, but when I think of children in less priviliged countries, with no hope of a decent feature and loads of both physical and mental trauma, I would understand if they'd like to take their life. Some people just cannot recover from child marriage, war, child prostitution, abuse, etc. I think it'd be selfish to bring them into this world, let alone let them suffer through it. Why? To have them live a life of poverty and trauma, only for them to repeat the cycle with their children. And then to die of old age, have known and seen nothing but the evil of the world. But then again, children are children, and you never really know what the right thing to do is with a child.

Reactions: uniqueusername39
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
A
From 18, or even earlier if you have a terminal or incurable illness. Once you are an adult you should be able to make this decision, the right to die should apply to everyone, with a waiting period of course for some cases.
nyone with a terminal illness should get to die. I think a given option from birth shouldn't be "suicide" but if death is inevitable before 21-25, the person should have the right to a peaceful death, 100%
You can feel however you want, antinatalists are saying you have no right to gamble with another's life - as you don't know how it will turn out and no one has any needs in non-existence. Just respect that no one can consent to being born, so harming them (potentially very significantly) is criminal.
That's not my belief though. In my religion, I DO believe people chose to be here, so saying they didn't doesn't apply to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In your early 20s sounds reasonable enough. Although, I have a feeling that should not be applied to all countries (maybe?). I may be alone in this, but when I think of children in less priviliged countries, with no hope of a decent feature and loads of both physical and mental trauma, I would understand if they'd like to take their life. Some people just cannot recover from child marriage, war, child prostitution, abuse, etc. I think it'd be selfish to bring them into this world, let alone let them suffer through it. Why? To have them live a life of poverty and trauma, only for them to repeat the cycle with their children. And then to die of old age, have known and seen nothing but the evil of the world. But then again, children are children, and you never really know what the right thing to do is with a child.
Those less fortunate countries sadly wouldn't have good, safe, peaceful methods anyway. :(((

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
MildlyBetter

MildlyBetter

🙂
Apr 17, 2023

While I agree with you somewhat, isn't it a little silly to call someone offensive for disagreeing with an idea and then immediately just call them irrational and crazy? Either way this is a meaningless argument, modern day governments will never allow for the right to die at any age for the general public sadly.

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
While I agree with you somewhat, isn't it a little silly to call someone offensive for disagreeing with an idea and then immediately just call them irrational and crazy? Either way this is a meaningless argument, modern day governments will never allow for the right to die at any age for the general public sadly.
It was a knee-jerk reaction and with the font and added username.. very offensive. Especially, since that's the reason behind all suffering. Irrational is a fact, I explained why - I never called this person 'crazy'.

Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber and uniqueusername39
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
I'm not having an argument and I'm sadly well aware of the governments position. I created this thread as a talking point, because knowing peoples opinions gives me a place to explore and express my own thoughts and feelings. I just enjoy picking people's brains and having mine picked.

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, MildlyBetter, Rabbit- and 1 other person
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
23. Teens are impulsive and irrational. Why are they even on this site for fuck sake? Their parents are failures. Families don't even eat dinner together anymore and talk about their day. Pathetic

• Hmph!
Reactions: noname123 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
23. Teens are impulsive and irrational. Why are they even on this site for fuck sake? Their parents are failures.
Exactly, Teenagers shouldn't be here. They are impressionable, easily manipulated and do not have the brain function to fully understand the ramifications of their actions.

• Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: Embalmer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Ambivalent1
luminiby

luminiby

bubble buddy
Apr 14, 2023
After the brain fully develops. Yeah it won't ever be this way, but it's a pretty fair deal

Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
Yeah, honestly there's so many things I'd like to change in society.

• Love
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Teens should not have smart phones. Parents need to stop being friends with their children. Why are modern people such losers with bad judgment? Guzzling fast food and other inedible trash all the while ballooning to unnatural sizes that would make ancient people blush with embarrassment.

Last edited:
Reactions: wendy5c, Message In A Bottle and Unwr!tten
CyVir

CyVir

Dec 8, 2022
i dont think ppl gain that, they are born with it. i believe in freedom, everyone has the right to choose their fate, their ending, if they want to. i am no one to judge other ppls choices, i cannot feel their pain/suffering/anguish/nothingness/whatever they feel, so i dont have the power of telling somebody when it's their right time to die.

there is no age for death
there is no age for pain
there is no age for

Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber, uniqueusername39, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
I think it's a fundamental right although I don't think it's necessary to invoke unless within the age of majority or with great reason.

If voluntary euthanasia is the example I think there would be need to be a test for sound mind and if they pass they should be prescribed or administered the substance depending on their choice.

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes and Unwr!tten
LigottiSchopenhauer

LigottiSchopenhauer

Student
Jan 7, 2023
I believe antinatalism goes against basic human instinct and is a thought process of someone who has no concept of how others feel about their own lives. Just because we all struggle, doesn't mean everyone does, so we shouldn't push our feelings on others.
Antinatalism is based on an understanding that in a global and world-historical sense, there is a vastly greater amount of suffering in this world than happiness. Nearly 200 years ago, Schopenhauer pointed out that when a lion devours a gazelle, the pleasure the lion feels from eating its prey is nothing in comparison to the agony the gazelle feels from being eaten. When it comes to humanity, the sum of all the happiness our species has ever experienced is nothing in comparison to slavery, genocide, war, disease, famine, murder, rape etc. Antinatalists like myself can freely admit that there may be individual people whose lives contain more good than bad. But overall, humans have felt more bad than good, and will continue to do so as long as our species exists. Therefore, the logical and ethical thing to do is to stop reproducing - willingly go extinct, and eliminate a cruel mistake in nature. Sure, this goes against instinct, but that's not a cogent philosophical argument for why antinatalism is wrong.

Reactions: NoLightRemains, GasMonkey, uniqueusername39 and 2 others
Wilsonie_22

Wilsonie_22

May 8, 2023
Right to die in a medically-assisted way for free? I'd say around 30. At that age you can be sure that your brain is fully developed

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
18 seems like the most logical age; at least for the US anyways since that's the age when you become a legal adult.

Reactions: GasMonkey
Embalmer

Embalmer

Apr 29, 2023
I personally think 25, because that isn't just an age of majority based on country but is a time in every humans life when their brain is fully developed.
I also believe 25 is a good minimum age for euthanasia. Even though i'm 18 and would love that option for myself now, I think the brain should be fully developed in order to have that choice first. Especially since I have seen so many accounts of people aging past 25 and no longer being suicidal like they were when they were younger due to decreased impulsivity and an overall better range of coping mechanisms to handle everyday stressors.

• Love
Reactions: Unwr!tten
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Puberty, tbh.

L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
As someone who has ideated suicide since I was 8 years old, I'll say that a person should be at least 16 years of age. While nothing got better for me, my mind was way too innocent to really grasp what was happening to me at 8. At 16, I actually did my first real inflection on my life. I deceived myself into believing that things would get better for me. However, I was able to think clearer then. I think that's a prerequisite for ctb. Get clear on whether or not you should. Take an honest look at your life. I strongly believe in right-to-die, but only after one has done an honest self-examination.

Reactions: Jallu55
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
I wholly agree.

I Do Not nor will I Ever agree with FuneralCry on the topic of antinatalism. I think it's frankly a narrow minded viewpoint.
but NOT everything in the world is bad

As much as I would want to repress and mind block it, the reality is, this here is true.
I didn't want to think about that because that part of me died already. So it hurts too much as makes it harder for me to CTB thinking about it and shit.

not EVERYONE is suffering.

Of course, I had acquaintances back then who are not delusional and are happy and content with their lives. Of course, a part of me (the part that died) wishes I could too, so I end up repressing it all and thinking like FC antinatalism, agreeing with out out of fear of being reminded of that past and making it harder for me to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: Unwr!tten
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
As much as I would want to repress and mind block it, the reality is, this here is true.
I didn't want to think about that because that part of me died already. So it hurts too much as makes it harder for me to CTB thinking about it and shit.

Of course, I had acquaintances back then who are not delusional and are happy and content with their lives. Of course, a part of me (the part that died) wishes I could too, so I end up repressing it all and thinking like FC antinatalism, agreeing with out out of fear of being reminded of that past and making it harder for me to CTB.
I get what you're saying, I just feel like FC can make a lot of people feel worse than they already do by basically shaming them for wanting/having kids. It makes me generally pretty uncomfortable because the thought of one day having a family of my own is one of the only things keeping me sane and whenever I read FCs posts, I get a glimpse of extreme guilt, even though I'm not doing anything wrong.

Reactions: Tuurngait