• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Sorry to hear about your experience with the Samaritans Polly. They really shouldn't do that. I've actually had some good experiences with them, but occasionally I bad response too. And ofc they can't solve your problems just listen and a different person every time.

Hi Flippy cor what a con trick it all is hey, glad to know wasn't just me who had bad time with UK helplines, although obviously dont want others being fobbed off and not helped. But does make me feel that Britain not much cop when comes to these things, just look at state of NHS and dont lets mention Brexit..................used to be proud to be British but not sure anymore.
Dont mention Brexit. Damn, sorry. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.
:blarg:
Now I'm showing my age

Last edited:
Reactions: Thereisnothing and Flippy
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I wonder if anyone here worked in a suicide hotline
I have. Got "fired" ( they can't fire volunteers but you know) because I wasnt pleading with every person to go get help/call emergency services, etc.

• Wow
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Quarky00 and GoodPersonEffed
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Cybill!
Sorry, I'll shut up now.
I like the one where he is trying to hide his win on the horses and he's miming a dragon to Polly and she says "Flying Tart"! Man that series was so funny! :-)

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I like the one where he is trying to hide his win on the horses and he's miming a dragon to Polly and she says "Flying Tart"! Man that series was so funny! :-)
I think we are hijacking poor Pollys thread. Sorry Polly, we still care!

I love the one where he thinks there is treasure in the safe. Opens it to find a brick. Puts the brick to his head and shakes it.
Sounds crap but to me one of the funniest bits of TV ever.
Oh and ofc. .. Flowery Twats. Wouldn't get away with that today.

Reactions: Flippy
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
I think we are hijacking poor Pollys thread. Sorry Polly, we still care!

I love the one where he thinks there is treasure in the safe. Opens it to find a brick. Puts the brick to his head and shakes it.
Sounds crap but to me one of the funniest bits of TV ever.
Oh and ofc. .. Flowery Twats. Wouldn't get away with that today.
Yes sorry Polly :-) the lure of Fawlty towers can be irresistible sometimes!

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
@Polly, a challenge with therapists is that it works when there is attachment, but there's a limit to how available they are. And it's like that in life, we need multiple supports. Likewise, one is overwhelmed if they're the only support for someone, even if it is their job.

Sounds like hotlines don't really support. You have lots of potential here on SS for multiple supports, including posts, PMs, chat, and discord. Maybe you have other irl supports?

Reactions: Mud.
Mud.

Mud.

Arcanist
Oct 27, 2018
@Polly, a challenge with therapists is that it works when there is attachment, but there's a limit to how available they are.

Agreed. It seems there are not enough therapists (competent or not) to support the amount of people with mental health problems.
I don't have mental health problems myself but it's very sad to read all these stories.

I recently spoke with someone here who had called a hotline 2500 times in one month and got banned because of it.
She didn't do it to bother them, she was just that desperate.

• Aww..
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed