• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I live in a building 100 years old. All power/utility paperwork says all power is Hydroelectric, generated from local dam (that's probably irrelevant, dam and power plant are 1 mile away). Every time I close up the windows of my apartment and just use A/C or heat, I get terrible headaches. Put fans in the windows, ventilate, headache clears up.
What is a possible source of gas that could be causing the headaches? Google says A/C and hydropower cannot produce any CO.

Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
Are the walls healthy(i don't know if it's the proper term but you get the idea)? Maybe it's caused by some sort of fungus.

Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019
Are the walls healthy(i don't know if it's the proper term but you get the idea)? Maybe it's caused by some sort of fungus.

I was going to say mold. Not sure where you live, but we have high humidity, and when we close up the house, I get headaches too. Mine is due to my allergies, and the mold spores trigger it. Every once in awhile, I have to wipe down the vents and walls because the mold grows like crazy during the summer.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Building looks healthy and fungus is impossible on walls because I cleaned entire apartment with EPA grade antifungal cleanser, expensive but I take no chances in old buildings.
Could be in the ventilation for sure though. Headache definitely goes away when windows open and returns when windows shut with indoor air on. I am well-hydrated, addicted to tea.
Supposedly I have alarms for CO but I don't think they work.
I was going to say mold. Not sure where you live, but we have high humidity, and when we close up the house, I get headaches too. Mine is due to my allergies, and the mold spores trigger it. Every once in awhile, I have to wipe down the vents and walls because the mold grows like crazy during the summer.
Have you tried thymol? Expensive but worth it. I love it.
I just realized there's a shit-ton of synthetics in here too, vinyl flooring, my rugs, cheap furniture, an airbed. Supposedly some people are super sensitive to minute emissions from plastics/synthetics. Also I use a fair amount of pesticide, I thought it didn't bother me but maybe in closed space it is more apparent.

Last edited:
Reactions: inconsequential
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

Jul 2, 2019
Building looks healthy and fungus is impossible on walls because I cleaned entire apartment with EPA grade antifungal cleanser, expensive but I take no chances in old buildings.
Could be in the ventilation for sure though. Headache definitely goes away when windows open and returns when windows shut with indoor air on. I am well-hydrated, addicted to tea.
Supposedly I have alarms for CO but I don't think they work.

Have you tried thymol? Expensive but worth it. I love it.
I just realized there's a shit-ton of synthetics in here too, vinyl flooring, my rugs, cheap furniture, an airbed. Supposedly some people are super sensitive to minute emissions from plastics/synthetics. Also I use a fair amount of pesticide, I thought it didn't bother me but maybe in closed space it is more apparent.

Nah, I just spray the crap out of it with X14. I'll take a look at that. The x14 destroys my sense of smell after use. Probably doing wonders for my lungs.
The glue used for flooring, and the backing of rugs are notorious for emitting fumes. And I'm sure if the furniture is cheaply made, the glue and paint/stain most likely aren't of high quality. This is why summer sucks and I hate it so much. I love having fresh air, so we open all our doors and windows, until summer. Then we need the ac or it would easily get 90F in the house, so we shut everything up and it causes mold to grow, and all the pet dander to just concentrate. Fuck summer!

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Thymol is 40$ a gallon but I think worth every penny. A little goes a long way and it smells nice. Before I found this stuff I was killing myself (ha ha) cleaning with bleach. This stuff is gentle and seems to work great on everything. I even carry a little spray bottle of it as hand sanitizer/general disinfectant.

• Love
Reactions: Pilum Muralis
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

Jul 2, 2019
Thymol is 40$ a gallon but I think worth every penny. A little goes a long way and it smells nice. Before I found this stuff I was killing myself (ha ha) cleaning with bleach. This stuff is gentle and seems to work great on everything. I even carry a little spray bottle of it as hand sanitizer/general disinfectant.

$40 for a gallon. Do you dilute it? If so, the cost seems reasonable.

Reactions: not_a_robot