• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

soulkitty

soulkitty

ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ
Apr 6, 2024
Cool, I actually got super inspired so doing two marathons at the same time 🙃 Very good challenge!!

Second one is going to the Prague nature reserve and climb the top of the little mountain every day. Maybe it will inspire someone 🥰

This is for today:

View attachment 137479

View attachment 137485

Treat yourself to something nice after a good day's work - you deserve it! 🥰😘
SO PRETTY!! These pics are beautiful. Good luck with your marathons Vak!! 🌱💻⌨️

vak

vak

Štěkot smutné kolie
Feb 13, 2024
Jesus christ, you need beta blockers for SN and the recovery as well? Not as advertised 🙃 Pushing 200 BPM climbing up the torture mountain at my age and after half a year just lying in bed with depression might actually be more reliable than most methods.

Death or glory! 💪

IMG 1972

Last edited:
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Jesus christ, you need beta blockers for SN and the recovery as well? Not as advertised 🙃 Pushing 200 BPM climbing up the tortute mountain at my age and after half a year just lying in bed with depression might actually be more reliable than most methods.

Death or glory! 💪
Good stuff! Dont push it too hard but it will be worth it. I had 6 months confined to my house with chronic pain and I hadn't run a step in 7 years. I was running 3 miles within 2 months

C

ConfusedClouds

Student
Mar 9, 2024
Week 12 Challenge: Share a quote
A poem I stumbled across that I really relate to about quitting and messing things up;

The men that don't fit in

There's a race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will.
They range the field and they rove the flood,
And they climb the mountain's crest;
Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood,
And they don't know how to rest.
If they just went straight they might go far;
They are strong and brave and true;
But they're always tired of the things that are,
And they want the strange and new.
They say: "Could I find my proper groove,
What a deep mark I would make!"
So they chop and change, and each fresh move
Is only a fresh mistake.
And each forgets, as he strips and runs
With a brilliant, fitful pace,
It's the steady, quiet, plodding ones
Who win in the lifelong race.
And each forgets that his youth has fled,
Forgets that his prime is past,
Till he stands one day, with a hope that's dead,
In the glare of the truth at last.
He has failed, he has failed; he has missed his chance;
He has just done things by half.
Life's been a jolly good joke on him,
And now is the time to laugh.
Ha, ha! He is one of the Legion Lost;
He was never meant to win;
He's a rolling stone, and it's bred in the bone;
He's a man who won't fit in.

Robert W. Service, 1911, The Spell of the Yukon

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
What is this week s cha llenge? I want to try this :)
@carac
This weeks challenge is to do a personal marathon. So not like a running marathon but something that you would like or need to do but for an extended period of your choosing. Like a reading marathon, a cleaning marathon, a drawing marathon, whatever you choose

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
This weeks challenge is to do a personal marathon. So not like a running marathon but something that you would like or need to do but for an extended period of your choosing. Like a reading marathon, a cleaning marathon, a drawing marathon, whatever you choose
Thank you :)
I will do a gaming marathon then. I am actually doing a thing where I am trying to touch grass in every ds and 3ds cartridge game s I have. That would count right? I like doing random thing s like that just for fun. I might even include all my switch cartridge games too for the heck of it. I like this challenge already haha XD

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Thank you :)
I will do a gaming marathon then. I am actually doing a thing where I am trying to touch grass in every ds and 3ds cartridge game s I have. That would count right? I like doing random thing s like that just for fun. I might even include all my switch cartridge games too for the heck of it. I like this challenge already haha XD
I did a gaming marathon too haha! Good luck, be careful though I burnt myself out a bit

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
I did a gaming marathon too haha! Good luck, be careful though I burnt myself out a bit
Mind if I ask what game s you did? Do you happen to be into nintendo too maybe?
Also dw, video game s do no t bu rn me out that much. It is more the opposite for me, they help me relax.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Mind if I ask what game s you did? Do you happen to be into nintendo too maybe?
Also dw, video game s do no t bu rn me out that much. It is more the opposite for me, they help me relax.
It was actually playing a game called Albion online, they did a european server lauch recently so I put in a marathon session at the weekend

I do love Nintendo, although I don't play much recently, I have loads of the old gameboy models from the original one to the DS and a SNES, N64 GC and Wii so I played a lot of the older games
There was a game called Elite Beat agents on the DS which was like a music rythym game that I found especially relaxing

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
The birds give you double the points! :D Lots of fun! ^_^
View attachment 137474
holy crap i didnt realize it was an orisinal game at first! i was playing these games back when i was a fucking kid omg middle school flashbacks @_@ all their games are very fun and relaxing, i remember spending HOURS on the panda and underwater jumping ones lol

thank you carac for bringing part of my childhood back to me in such a positive way 🖤

as for the marathon challenge, mines been slightly more literal, ive been walking several hours straight a few nights in a row and doing running as long as my pathetic cardio endurance will allow if not extensive walking. it tires me out and i feel way more relaxed so i actually get some decent sleep after :)

D

DeathPaloma

Opening quote of "Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas"
Sep 30, 2023
The idea is great, but I don´t know what more can I do, I already I trying to read one bleach remix manga a day (which is not much of a challenge), I also started to stretch everyday in the morning, well I don't on fridays but because of time issues. I am not allowed by my doctor to run more than I am currently running ( actually he repremended me for forcing my knees too much). The only things I can thing of is a walking marathon, of like walking everyday for like 30 minutes, ( but idk if I will have time), or a writting marathon, of maybe a short story a day, or just try to writte everyday for a week, or just stop eating candy for a week, but I might die with that one lol. What do you guys think, ? I don´t know

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
The idea is great, but I don´t know what more can I do, I already I trying to read one bleach remix manga a day (which is not much of a challenge), I also started to stretch everyday in the morning, well I don't on fridays but because of time issues. I am not allowed by my doctor to run more than I am currently running ( actually he repremended me for forcing my knees too much). The only things I can thing of is a walking marathon, of like walking everyday for like 30 minutes, ( but idk if I will have time), or a writting marathon, of maybe a short story a day, or just try to writte everyday for a week, or just stop eating candy for a week, but I might die with that one lol. What do you guys think, ? I don´t know
Sounds like you have a couple options there. I think if you enjoy writing or it's something that you want to try and push yourself to do you could try that. It's not something that you have to do for a set amount of time it's up to you. If you want to just have a go at doing a bit extra than you normally do that's fine. Or maybe if you have time go out for a walk that is a bit longer than you normally do.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
Ngl, this is much better than the typical "write 10 positive thing s" or "do this or you are hope less" type assignment s that you get in therapy. This is how it should be done imo. No t the "diss apointed look" stuff that professional s do if you know what I me an.

soulkitty

soulkitty

ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ
Apr 6, 2024
I did a drawing marathon :smiling: although I don't want to share the art publicly. Btw @carac thank you for these weekly challenges I always look forward to them ❤️
IMG 7319

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
holy crap i didnt realize it was an orisinal game at first! i was playing these games back when i was a fucking kid omg middle school flashbacks @_@ all their games are very fun and relaxing, i remember spending HOURS on the panda and underwater jumping ones lol

thank you carac for bringing part of my childhood back to me in such a positive way 🖤

as for the marathon challenge, mines been slightly more literal, ive been walking several hours straight a few nights in a row and doing running as long as my pathetic cardio endurance will allow if not extensive walking. it tires me out and i feel way more relaxed so i actually get some decent sleep after :)
I'm glad you liked it, I find it really nostalgic and relaxing too!

I do like the feeling sometimes of exhausting myself on a long walk or run then recovering haha
I did a drawing marathon :smiling: although I don't want to share the art publicly. Btw @carac thank you for these weekly challenges I always look forward to them ❤️
Yea I have been trying to draw a bit more too, I mainly do pencil sketches, it's just sometimes finding the motivation to sit down and do it. And it's totally fine if you don't want to share but if it's anything like the Pokemon I am sure it is fantastic, I am guessing you are a bit of a perfectionist.
Is it today we get a new challenge? :3
I usually post new challenges on a monday, in the morning (eu time)

I'm always open to suggestions for new challenges as well

Last edited:
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
I'm glad you liked it, I find it really nostalgic and relaxing too!

I do like the feeling sometimes of exhausting myself on a long walk or run then recovering haha

Yea I have been trying to draw a bit more too, I mainly do pencil sketches, it's just sometimes finding the motivation to sit down and do it. And it's totally fine if you don't want to share but if it's anything like the Pokemon I am sure it is fantastic, I am guessing you are a bit of a perfectionist.

I usually post new challenges on a monday, in the morning (eu time)

I'm always open to suggestions for new challenges as well
Ahh okay, I thought it was Friday s.

How about a challenge where you try to bea t your own record on something? I think that could be interesting.

D

DeathPaloma

Sep 30, 2023
Hello fellow humans,

for this weeks chalenge the "marathon" I decided to do a writting marathon, starting today, I want to writte and post here one short story. Since humans generaly struggle with decision fatigue and decision paralysis, specially when we have too many choices, I decided to narrow things down to "fairy tales" so basically I will try to adapt or give new twists to existing fairy tale stories.

The first one I chose is: little red hood. ( not 100% that is the name in english). But I would like that if you guys would wish to do so, for you guys to give me sugestions of other stories like that for me to adapt, the next days. Or twists you would like to see. I don't make any promises though. Being severly depressed I might give up tomorrow. 🙃

thanks

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Hello fellow humans,

for this weeks chalenge the "marathon" I decided to do a writting marathon, starting today, I want to writte and post here one short story. Since humans generaly struggle with decision fatigue and decision paralysis, specially when we have too many choices, I decided to narrow things down to "fairy tales" so basically I will try to adapt or give new twists to existing fairy tale stories.

The first one I chose is: little red hood. ( not 100% that is the name in english). But I would like that if you guys would wish to do so, for you guys to give me sugestions of other stories like that for me to adapt, the next days. Or twists you would like to see. I don't make any promises though. Being severly depressed I might give up tomorrow. 🙃

thanks
Little red riding hood :) I am trying to think of fairy tales, the first one that springs to mind is goldilocks and the 3 bears but I will have to think about a twist

• Hugs
D

DeathPaloma

Sep 30, 2023
Ok, so first story of my little marathon, little riding red hood, (I am only going to put part of it here as it turned out 8 pages long. )

Story by: Deathpaloma (I am not going to put my real name)

Once upon a time, there was a little girl that lived in a small village that was surrounded on all sides by a dense forest, news of the other villages and towns rarely came. News of war and famine had been the last to arrive, many years ago, none came after. But that never alarmed the people of the village, the dangerous forest that seemed to protect them from all the problems of the "other side" also seemed to deter visitors, and travelers only appearing once every few years was not unusual.

Since the forest was large, tortuous and tangled it was nearly impossible for anyone even those acquainted with its paths, twists and turns to get across before nightfall.

Some were tasked with entering the woods to gather herbs and hunt for animals, but only during the day, at night was when the evil that existed there came out to hunt, it always seemed to return to the shadows where it came from.

The little girl was one of said people, even though she was only 11 years old she, like her mother before her, was being trained on the ways of the forest to become an herbalist, she needed to learn what plants to harvest, which ones could be cultivated, which needed to be foraged, how to identify them, where to find them, what were its uses, but also how to navigate the forest, the paths to follow in and out of the village, and what places to avoid.

She had been formally learning for three years now and she was younger than most, but coming from a family of herbalists, she had been familiar with the plants for most of her life. Today she and all the other herbalists would receive their green capes, but the girl secretly wanted a red one, that one was reserved for the hunters alone.

-Silence! Said the headmistress.

-Today is you final test, the final challenge, one you will face without a tutor to assist you. To the herbalists, each of you individually must locate and bring back one of the herbs from this list, any of them will do.

She said as she pointed to a scroll being open on the wall.

-To the hunters you have a choice, to go alone or in pairs. To go on a hunt alone means having no one to watch your backs as you hunt the wild beasts that roam these woods, but if you so choose you will be tasked to bring back a small beast, from this list.

Another scroll was opened with smaller creatures.

-To the ones that choose to go in pairs, you will have bigger liberties since you will have a partner, and have more strategies to choose from, for instance one you can take a sword and the other a bow, to be able to hunt from a distance but also defend yourself in close range if a beast comes close, however you will need to hunt for a bigger beast from this scroll.

One last scroll is opened, this one containing larger and more dangerous beasts.

- Oh, and remember a partner can be an asset… or a liability.

- That being said you will have until dusk, to return, after if you arrive after the sun is set you will have failed the test. The same goes for those who return empty-handed, however it is better to fail the test than it is to die, so we advise all to return, with or with having completed the test, before the sunset, for we won't be coming to your assistance after dark.

All the kids and teens that were ready to take the test start looking at each other and murmurs fill the gathered crowd.

-There is however! A safe heaven, if you are too far to make it back to the village safely, there is in the middle of the path we will set you off on, a house, there lives an elder, who was once a part of our village, she left with the objective of helping those lost in the woods, whether they are travelers, students or inexperienced hunters and herbalists. Her cabin should always be surrounded by light, that's why we call it the lighthouse, if you think you won't make it back before the sun sets, go there. She will give you shelter for the night, and you will be able to return safely to the village in the morning.

- Light can deter the dark creatures, but it will not stop them completely, and to the hunters, if you are carrying a dead best with you, leave it behind, some dark creatures will stop and eat the beast before starting to chase you again.

-To all of the soon to be hunters and herbalists good luck, you may now take your capes and go.

All the kids formed lines, some ran, others took their time. The little girl walked towards the wall that had the scrolls, and gave a very subtle laugh, she knew at least half the herbs listed on the scroll were not in season and therefore could not be found. A "very easy task, right?" she thought to herself, she looked at her mother far in the crowd, the kids were not allowed to talk with their parents or tutors after the orientation, still with only a nod and a slight grin, she told her mother she knew, but she was curious, was the lighthouse real? She had never heard of it.

As she headed to grab her green cape, she made the decision, she was going to look for that house, she was confident, finding the herbs shouldn't be too hard for her.

She was not the only one to notice the little "trick" played by the evaluators, some hunters noticed that most of the species on the solo hunt list would be hard to find given the time of the year they were on, and so it was much more advantageous for inexperienced hunters who did not know the exact location of the dens of the few small species present at this time of year, to form pairs and hunt the larger animals which, despite being more dangerous, would be more abundant.

The little girl checked her pouch she had a bit of medicine, a bit of poison, string, a piece of chalk, a strike-a-light and a piece of flint. On the other side of her waist her had the dagger her mother gifted her, when they announced she was fit for the exam. "Everything in place" she thought and headed out without looking back.

to be continued🙃

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
Ok, so first story of my little marathon, little riding red hood, (I am only going to put part of it here as it turned out 8 pages long. )

Story by: Deathpaloma (I am not going to put my real name)

Once upon a time, there was a little girl that lived in a small village that was surrounded on all sides by a dense forest, news of the other villages and towns rarely came. News of war and famine had been the last to arrive, many years ago, none came after. But that never alarmed the people of the village, the dangerous forest that seemed to protect them from all the problems of the "other side" also seemed to deter visitors, and travelers only appearing once every few years was not unusual.

Since the forest was large, tortuous and tangled it was nearly impossible for anyone even those acquainted with its paths, twists and turns to get across before nightfall.

Some were tasked with entering the woods to gather herbs and hunt for animals, but only during the day, at night was when the evil that existed there came out to hunt, it always seemed to return to the shadows where it came from.

The little girl was one of said people, even though she was only 11 years old she, like her mother before her, was being trained on the ways of the forest to become an herbalist, she needed to learn what plants to harvest, which ones could be cultivated, which needed to be foraged, how to identify them, where to find them, what were its uses, but also how to navigate the forest, the paths to follow in and out of the village, and what places to avoid.

She had been formally learning for three years now and she was younger than most, but coming from a family of herbalists, she had been familiar with the plants for most of her life. Today she and all the other herbalists would receive their green capes, but the girl secretly wanted a red one, that one was reserved for the hunters alone.

-Silence! Said the headmistress.

-Today is you final test, the final challenge, one you will face without a tutor to assist you. To the herbalists, each of you individually must locate and bring back one of the herbs from this list, any of them will do.

She said as she pointed to a scroll being open on the wall.

-To the hunters you have a choice, to go alone or in pairs. To go on a hunt alone means having no one to watch your backs as you hunt the wild beasts that roam these woods, but if you so choose you will be tasked to bring back a small beast, from this list.

Another scroll was opened with smaller creatures.

-To the ones that choose to go in pairs, you will have bigger liberties since you will have a partner, and have more strategies to choose from, for instance one you can take a sword and the other a bow, to be able to hunt from a distance but also defend yourself in close range if a beast comes close, however you will need to hunt for a bigger beast from this scroll.

One last scroll is opened, this one containing larger and more dangerous beasts.

- Oh, and remember a partner can be an asset… or a liability.

- That being said you will have until dusk, to return, after if you arrive after the sun is set you will have failed the test. The same goes for those who return empty-handed, however it is better to fail the test than it is to die, so we advise all to return, with or with having completed the test, before the sunset, for we won't be coming to your assistance after dark.

All the kids and teens that were ready to take the test start looking at each other and murmurs fill the gathered crowd.

-There is however! A safe heaven, if you are too far to make it back to the village safely, there is in the middle of the path we will set you off on, a house, there lives an elder, who was once a part of our village, she left with the objective of helping those lost in the woods, whether they are travelers, students or inexperienced hunters and herbalists. Her cabin should always be surrounded by light, that's why we call it the lighthouse, if you think you won't make it back before the sun sets, go there. She will give you shelter for the night, and you will be able to return safely to the village in the morning.

- Light can deter the dark creatures, but it will not stop them completely, and to the hunters, if you are carrying a dead best with you, leave it behind, some dark creatures will stop and eat the beast before starting to chase you again.

-To all of the soon to be hunters and herbalists good luck, you may now take your capes and go.

All the kids formed lines, some ran, others took their time. The little girl walked towards the wall that had the scrolls, and gave a very subtle laugh, she knew at least half the herbs listed on the scroll were not in season and therefore could not be found. A "very easy task, right?" she thought to herself, she looked at her mother far in the crowd, the kids were not allowed to talk with their parents or tutors after the orientation, still with only a nod and a slight grin, she told her mother she knew, but she was curious, was the lighthouse real? She had never heard of it.

As she headed to grab her green cape, she made the decision, she was going to look for that house, she was confident, finding the herbs shouldn't be too hard for her.

She was not the only one to notice the little "trick" played by the evaluators, some hunters noticed that most of the species on the solo hunt list would be hard to find given the time of the year they were on, and so it was much more advantageous for inexperienced hunters who did not know the exact location of the dens of the few small species present at this time of year, to form pairs and hunt the larger animals which, despite being more dangerous, would be more abundant.

The little girl checked her pouch she had a bit of medicine, a bit of poison, string, a piece of chalk, a strike-a-light and a piece of flint. On the other side of her waist her had the dagger her mother gifted her, when they announced she was fit for the exam. "Everything in place" she thought and headed out without looking back.

to be continued🙃
Ohh my God, this is so good! Will you be posting the rest of the story once or if you finish it by any chance? I really want to know how this end s.

Btw, if you are open for suggestion s, how about she meet s goldlock during her test/quest and become s friend s with her and the three bear s and they help her hu nt the be ast? Stories where charcter s from multiple tale s meet are alway s very cool and interesting imo. With that said, do what feel s right to you, I am interested in reading the rest of it reg ardless :)

• Hugs
D

DeathPaloma

Sep 30, 2023
Ohh my God, this is so good! Will you be posting the rest of the story once or if you finish it by any chance? I really want to know how this end s.

Btw, if you are open for suggestion s, how about she meet s goldlock during her test/quest and become s friend s with her and the three bear s and they help her hu nt the be ast? Stories where charcter s from multiple tale s meet are alway s very cool and interesting imo. With that said, do what feel s right to you, I am interested in reading the rest of it reg ardless :)
I already wrote most of it, it is a nearly 8 pages long.... so I wasn't planning on posting it, but I can if you like

• Hugs
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
I already wrote most of it, it is a nearly 8 pages long.... so I wasn't planning on posting it, but I can if you like
Yeah, I would love it. I do no t mind that it is long, I do no t have much to do now a day anyway. Do you happen to be on wattpad? I would love to check out your content if you are willing to share your account. <3

• Hugs
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
Week 27 Challenge: Do a Marathon

No I don't mean a literal Marathon, unless you really want to! But why not try extending the period you do some whether it is some recovery process or just a hobby. So you could go on a longer walk or when you sit down to do some are, spend a bit more time than usual. You could try a movie marathon, or reading marathon. Try to push yourself beyond what you usually manage and see how far you can go. Be careful and dont strain yourself

I will be interested to hear if anyone will be trying this and what they do

Personally I will be having a gaming marathon lol. I know that's a bit weak but I will be taking precautions to make so I keep a healthy routine and don't over do it.
hi, they said it counts 👋😆💜
thank you for caring 💜
yeah, i like my chances, ive been doing pretty good lately. this just broke my longest recovery stretch (i guess i could call it). does this count for the weekly challenge 'marathon' thread? XD
Oh, I guess it does!

D

DeathPaloma

Sep 30, 2023
Yeah, I would love it. I do no t mind that it is long, I do no t have much to do now a day anyway. Do you happen to be on wattpad? I would love to check out your content if you are willing to share your account. <3
I don't have a Wattpad, I never show people what I write cause I feel like most of the time is just really bad, also cause I idk why, always been a bit scared of someone stealing my stories. its a bit retarded idk, I might create a wattpad account I was thinking about it... but idk how it works really. Oh I forgot, so I got caught up in this story...lol, I guess I failed my idea of the marathon. But I can post it when it's done

Last edited:
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
I don't have a Wattpad, I never show people what I write cause I feel like most of the time is just really bad, also cause I idk why, always been a bit scared of someone stealing my stories. its a bit retarded idk, I might create a wattpad account I was thinking about it... but idk how it works really. Oh I forgot, so I got caught up in this story...lol, I guess I failed my idea of the marathon. But I can post it when it's done
I think writing an 8 page lo ng story is pretty impressive tbh. It does no t say anywhere in the marathon that you have to write mul tiple thing s. I would say you did succeed! Do you no t agree @carac ? Sometimes thing s do no t go as planned and that is completely ok. There is no guarantee I will finish my gaming marathon by tomorrow either and that is ok. What matter is that you have fun. That is at le ast what I believe this is about. Having fun and succeeding at thing s at your own pace. There is no wro ng or right here, just all fun :)

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I think writing an 8 page lo ng story is pretty impressive tbh. It does no t say anywhere in the marathon that you have to write mul tiple thing s. I would say you did succeed! Do you no t agree @carac ? Sometimes thing s do no t go as planned and that is completely ok. There is no guarantee I will finish my gaming marathon by tomorrow either and that is ok. What matter is that you have fun. That is at le ast what I believe this is about. Having fun and succeeding at thing s at your own pace. There is no wro ng or right here, just all fun :)
Absolutely agree, It's very impressive. It's pretty impossible to fail anything here, at least in my eyes, as long as you just participate and have a go.