• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Age does not bring wisdom, sadly. I'm every bit as unremittingly fucking thick now as l was when l was 20.
Lol! I can relate.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
If they have tried everything and have reasons for wanting to ctb then I'll accept that any day of the week.
What if a 17 year old is in an abusive household and has no possibility of ever leaving? They just have to suffer for 8 more years until they can finally die? Sorry but that's crazy.
The problem is, us old wrinkies get angry that you feel the heed to CBT so early, at whatever has caused you to feel so. This brings about a natural desire to not see that you suffered... And maybe a bit selfish of us, it makes us feel better if you were to go through your suffering for as long as we've go through ours:p

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Norest4thewicked, lv-gras and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I hate seeing young people offing themselves and think they should hold off to see if life improves but I mean, who am I to know what someone is going through? Maybe the suffering is beyond anything I've experienced. Different people have different thresholds for physical and emotional pain.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Partial-Elf, appalachian moon and 8 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
The problem is, us old wrinkies get angry that you feel the heed to CBT so early, at whatever has caused you to feel so. This brings about a natural desire to not see that you suffered... And maybe a bit selfish of us, it makes us feel better if you were to go through your suffering for as long as we've go through ours:p
Onntgat situation, is it a "last resort" (and does that matter?)

Reactions: Deafsn0w, lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
I can see both sides of this argument. Yes being young means life hasn't kicked your ass yet. But I wanted to die at 14. I knew back then I didn't belong and I got my ass kicked for thinking that way. I don't belong now. This site is the only place that feels like home and I can be myself, I wish I had this back then

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Partial-Elf, appalachian moon and 4 others
S

sólstafir

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
Thought about this today... life doesn't 'start' when you turn 18. It starts from the day you were born. Neglect from your own mother for example, when you're a baby and in first years of your life may damage you in your most crucial years of growing up which sometimes may give lifelasting scars and fears. There are so many other reasons why young people want to die, it's because their life at that point is everything they have, and life can be really shitty at any age as my own life for example has shown, young persons reality is as real as someone elses reality who is older. I wouldn't encourage anyone to CTB, but I just understand that pain or tiredness of life doesn't ask for your age.

Reactions: appalachian moon
Rose Mirren

Rose Mirren

roses are so overrated
Dec 10, 2018
This is a really difficult topic to discuss because one's state of mind (mental age, maturity, etc.) isn't really comparable to another's. We have different thresholds, and go through different situations at different ages. But I don't think there should be a concrete age requirement like 25 because you can't exactly invalidate the choice to CBT of those who are 24 or younger. Besides, in the end, when a person really decides and commits to CBT, s/he will do so regardless of what anyone else thinks about his/her age.

This site provides a variety of topics, not just suicide methods. There's story and vent threads. There's support and recovery threads. Whatever this site brings to a person-- help in committing CBT, comfort in being able to express themselves freely, etc. -- it really all comes down to choice. Whatever someone's choice ends up being -- to keep living or to CBT -- we should respect it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oblivion Lover, appalachian moon, Deafsn0w and 7 others
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
I've been suicidal since forever. I wish I had jumped out of a window when I was contemplating it at 10 years old. It would have saved me decades of horrible suffering culminating in cancer. I have no problem if younger people want to CTB. I've wasted years of my life hoping on improvement and things have just got worse and worse.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, dhk96, Skathon and 6 others
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
I've been suicidal since forever. I wish I had jumped out of a window when I was contemplating it at 10 years old. It would have saved me decades of horrible suffering culminating in cancer. I have no problem if younger people want to CTB. I've wasted years of my life hoping on improvement and things have just got worse and worse.

THIS. People say, "but you haven't experienced all life has to offer!" (At lease when I was young. Don't heard this BS now that I'm 21). Are you implying that's a bad thing? People who die young are lucky af. I wish I died young.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, dhk96, Virgo and 5 others
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
THIS. People say, "but you haven't experienced all life has to offer!" (At lease when I was young. Don't heard this BS now that I'm 21). Are you implying that's a bad thing? People who die young are lucky af. I wish I died young.
I know, right? I even envy babies who die at birth.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Deafsn0w, Comatose11 and 1 other person
Sanguinius

Sanguinius

Chicken of ss
Aug 9, 2018
I sometimes message users on here and I am astounded to find out they are 16,17, 18,.

I believe people should only catch the bus once they are 25 or over.
Anything younger is too young in my opinion.

Who are you to abridge the right to ctb?

It's okay to remind someone of their age, of the risks. Of the matter that there is so much to explore, to live...
But under some circumstamces there is no life possible. Unser some circumstamces there is only suffering possible. And even if it will get better, it can be so horrible at the moment that I would be happy to exchange it with death, to trade all my (probably happy) life time with it. And I think it is okay. It is okay if you thought about it, if you are sure that you really want to do the deal.
Even if it will get better... It's everyones own decision.

Life doesn't mind age. It's just fair if ctb is open for everyone.

And I really hope this forum won't get closed for young people. It is so how my (second) last shelter, a place, where I can speak openly about my thoughts and problems...
I'm 15 years old.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, dhk96, appalachian moon and 6 others
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
16 here, i've thought for a long time about if i want to ctb, i'm in lots of emotional pain everyday man, and philosophically i just don't see the point in life. No amount of meds or therapy can change what i believe. Everyone's experiences are different, and some people can't deal with the pain others can deal with. Theoretically, i should be so happy. I got a girlfriend, I'm passing all my classes, i have good friends, i play soccer and i'm in jazz band, but goddammit i'm not happy. No matter how good the day i still feel empty, and i don't see the point in this life. Graduate high school, go to college, get a shit job, work till i die? fuck that, i'm cashing out early, this life just hurts way too much. Overall point i guess is, i think my reasons to ctb are valid, and so are the reasons for the other young ones here. This is a pro choice forum fam, and my choice is to ctb

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, appalachian moon, FallenfromGrace and 7 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
16 here, i've thought for a long time about if i want to ctb, i'm in lots of emotional pain everyday man, and philosophically i just don't see the point in life. No amount of meds or therapy can change what i believe. Everyone's experiences are different, and some people can't deal with the pain others can deal with. Theoretically, i should be so happy. I got a girlfriend, I'm passing all my classes, i have good friends, i play soccer and i'm in jazz band, but goddammit i'm not happy. No matter how good the day i still feel empty, and i don't see the point in this life. Graduate high school, go to college, get a shit job, work till i die? fuck that, i'm cashing out early, this life just hurts way too much. Overall point i guess is, i think my reasons to ctb are valid, and so are the reasons for the other young ones here. This is a pro choice forum fam, and my choice is to ctb
I totally get what you mean about education and working till you die, one of my big reasons for wanting to ctb is that I can't be fucked for that stuff, just don't see the point in it. Also thought about ctb for years and my mental state is just not gonna change at this point, may as well end it know

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, About_to_Go, Deafsn0w and 2 others
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
If I was 16 and heard the same stuff every day about why it's bad to kill myself, I feel guilty and wouldn't want to share my issues again. Either way I would still CTB, but with added resentment.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, ouvreyes, Deafsn0w and 2 others
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
17 here.
I don't understand what people's issues are regarding age. Like its our life, we should be able to choose what we do as soon as we know the consequences of that decision.
I'll say the majority of people on here know that if they were to ctb, it is irreversible.
Our lives, our choice

That's my opinion anyway

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Kill Me Now, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Wondering if people post they're actual profile pics on this forum I wouldn't be comfortable to do that.
Maybe I just don't give a fuck

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Deafsn0w, MsM3talGamer and 2 others
Gainax

Gainax

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
A nine-year-old girl has committed suicide after being bullied by her fourth-grade classmates.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-taunted-having-white-friend-family-says.html

i have no doubt this poor girl suffered immensely but would any of you be capable of helping her with her decision to ctb, instead of just talking to her and help her find a "prolife" alternative?

if you say you're pro choice and believe she has the right to do it and even go as far as to speak of the best methods to her...you're just a fucked up person.

Reactions: appalachian moon and Deafsn0w
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
A nine-year-old girl has committed suicide after being bullied by her fourth-grade classmates.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-taunted-having-white-friend-family-says.html

i have no doubt this poor girl suffered immensely but would any of you be capable of helping her with her decision to ctb, instead of just talking to her and help her find a "prolife" alternative?

if you say you're pro choice and believe she has the right to do it and even go as far as to speak of the best methods to her...you're just a fucked up person.
Yeah I agree poor girl this fucking world is poison

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Kjo, Deafsn0w and 2 others
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
...death police? What are the penalties for dying before the age of 25?

Reactions: dhk96, Oblivion Lover, RM5998 and 4 others
G

GoldenWingedShip

Jun 4, 2019
Plenty of teenagers have suicidal thoughts and feelings. It's good to have a place for people to openly discuss difficult topics.

Reactions: Kjo
Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

My soul is awakened... and I’m f*cked
May 29, 2019
I knew my bus was due in since 12... I'm 37 now

Reactions: LastFlowers, Skathon and Kjo
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
i`m 18x3 but wish i had ctb when i 1st wanted to at 14

Reactions: Bulletwbttrflywings and Kjo
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
It's ultimately their life, their choice. Sad to see people of any age suffering, though. I first tried to ctb at 15 and I wish I'd done it properly. I knew my life would be a nightmare and I was right (mental illness). It has been.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon and Kjo
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
25 you are still a young adult but during 25 years you already been through 1/3 of life and that had to give you some kind of preview of what's to come.
If that preview is more of the same or worse then why not?

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
...death police? What are the penalties for dying before the age of 25?
"If you kill yourself before you turn 25, we shall... hang your corpse! By the neck! In the gallows!"

While I do understand where the OP is coming from, I can't bring myself to agree. Their argument seems to be based on the inherent assumption that life is, on average, inherently preferable to death, and that people must 'exhaust all options' before they turn to it. They seem to be imbuing life with a sanctity that I do not believe it possesses. There is no generalizable reason to prefer life to death, and thus while it is arguable that life could get better than it is when one commits suicide, there is no way to compare the state of death to this better life - which is the comparison necessary to make a judgment here.

(Sorry for the twisted verbiage, but I believe it is necessary to speak in the generalized abstract here, and not simply say that 'every person is different'. That's also a somewhat weightless statement to use since the point of rules is to try to generate the best possible outcome in the majority of use cases.)

Reactions: Rose, Skathon, Oblivion Lover and 2 others
dhk96

dhk96

May 8, 2018

There's a difference between helping and letting things run their course. I certainly don't think I would have directly intervened or encouraged her to CTB. If someone her age seriously wanted to find resources or methods, he or she could have easily done so on his or her own, unlike two decades ago when the internet was still pretty new. The new generation of people are good at searching for things and information is widespread. That's why pretty much every (super young) kid knows what depression and suicide are now--even if they don't understand it.

I am pro-choice and believe someone as young as her has the "right" to CTB. I have wanted to die since around age 10 and am now turning 23 this year. In other words, I've lived more than half of my life in anger and fear and anxiety. I knew since that age that I would never be able to feel or think differently about living and was always hyperaware of my current and future suffering as time went on. It's not something that I look back on and think "oh, wow! I only know that life is shit because I lived a decade more!"

What makes my "right" to CTB any less "worthy" than someone who is 27 and became suicidal at 25? Or someone who is 25 and became suicidal at 19? In two years when I'm 25, I'm going to be the same scared and worthless brat I was at 10, 15, 20, and 23.

God, I wish I could have been born in a slightly later generation so I wouldn't have had to suffer alone and knew there were painless ways out of here. Some older people who have stuck around longer than I have are probably thinking the same. Sure, it sucks that young people all around the world want to die because it would be nice if everyone could be happy. But that's not the case and I would be a darn hypocrite if I said that people younger than me shouldn't be allowed to die yet.

On a side note, some people probably just want those younger than them to suffer longer...even if they've already actually suffered longer than those older than them because they were suicidal at 9, 10, or whatever.

• Love
Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Partial-Elf and Kjo
Kjo

Kjo

Student
Jun 7, 2019
So you want to infringe on someone's right to ctb?

If you want my opinion on age, 25 is to young as well. You've just barely started living life as an adult, you haven't hit the hard shit yet.
My thoughts:
Haven't hit the hard shit? Who's to say what counts as "the hard shit" or whether somebody has or hasn't already endured hard shit. . . Age does not determine pain. Some people grew up being beaten and raped, watched their drug addict parents attempt suicide and so much more, while others know a different type of pain. It's not about age imo.

What age would you say minimum?

Perhaps it should be a certain duration of suicidal thinking and attempts to "to fix" life, instead of an age? Say you have been suicidal for idk ten years. (Obviously arbitrary number not meant to incite an argument, just randomly picked a number.)

I think a 70 year old person that decided suicide is the answer one night after losing the family home, is probably not as committed to the permanent solution for the temporary problem as maybe a 60 year old with bouts of depression and suicide attempts over the past 45 years.

Regardless, shouldn't we all be able to discuss it all?

I imagine 18 is the minimum age for the sake of the website staying in operation due to regulations and media.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhk96