• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone.

We have decided to contain all future political discussions into a new political and philosophical subforum. These discussions cause a lot of division and conflict and they're slowly reaching into every aspect of this forum. There is undoubtedly an increase of political content lately and I think that's quite toxic to a certain degree, not everyone who visits this forum wants to get exposed to heated political arguments and this has never been a political forum in the first place. That's why we decided to regulate and move them into a new subforum. Members can ignore it if they feel it's not benefical for their mental health. I know first-hand that such conversations can be draining and exhausting and I take this seriously.
Obviously the forum rules still apply in that subforum and I really implore everyone to remain civil and decent.

Exception to this rule are political threads that would have been posted in suicide discussion anyway. For example if you discuss a political situation that affects your life and contributes to your struggles, it's still a thread that belongs to suicide discussion like any other thread that's about difficulties or your experience in your life.

We also made a poll a long time ago when we asked the community what they think of a seperate political subforum and a large amount of members supported that idea. And I think it's the right time to implement that change.

Sincerely,
RainAndSadness

binturong

binturong

shining of stars calls me home
Jul 4, 2019
The political topic really made me sad, I even thought about leaving the forum and felt even more sad. But I did not lose hope that the administration will create a separate topic.
There are no words to express how grateful I am, thank you so much!:hug::heart:

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Subsections like these tend to get bad because as well as "quarantining" discussion the more normal less politically enthusiastic users are unlikely to engage with it so you get people on both ends arguing endlessly between each other who otherwise might not. Not sure if philosophy belongs with it. Philosophy is pretty wide.
I'm only mildly shocked that it's been five hours and no threads have been made there yet. Guess no one wants to be the one to start something. 👁👁
It's a small forum too.

Last edited:
thereisthemist

thereisthemist

drops common loot when defeated
Nov 5, 2021
greate so from now on I have "ye you go back to the politics sub k?" as a coping mechanism

Reactions: whatevs
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
All right, thanks. I hope everyone finds the kindness and comfort they deserve on this place. It is greatly appreciated.

LucyB

LucyB

Cowards be like "be safe".... I be like "Be FREE"
May 7, 2022
People become "heated" or upset about political issues because it's a reaction embedded in the human body. If people put aside their emotions and just think and pay attention they can see that politics are an illusion created by this realm. If you already know that we live in a terrible evil world why would you automatically put faith in anything claiming to be in charge of this evil place. No matter what part of the world you live in anyone put in front of you as a leader is not an individual person acting on their own behalf. All politicians are controlled by whatever it is that controls this world. I get this sounds crazy to most people but that's because you were never meant to figure out that you live in a prison. You won't try to get out of a prison that you don't know your in.

W

Willdieby30

recently unbanned
Aug 21, 2018
People become "heated" or upset about political issues because it's a reaction embedded in the human body. If people put aside their emotions and just think and pay attention they can see that politics are an illusion created by this realm. If you already know that we live in a terrible evil world why would you automatically put faith in anything claiming to be in charge of this evil place. No matter what part of the world you live in anyone put in front of you as a leader is not an individual person acting on their own behalf. All politicians are controlled by whatever it is that controls this world. I get this sounds crazy to most people but that's because you were never meant to figure out that you live in a prison. You won't try to get out of a prison that you don't know your in.
nice profile photo, love jhene and that album specifically

Reactions: LucyB