• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I live in the UK and I am getting fed up of seeing on the news grieving parents or family members setting up a mental health foundation or charity in their child's name whenever a suicide happens in the UK.

In the UK there is this father his 14 year old daughter Molly Russell killed herself no one knows the real why she ended her life but the father blamed Instagram and all the social media companies. Molly regulary looked at self harm images on Instagram. After her death the father went on a massive crusade against social media companies and its because of his campaigning he played a major role in the development of the Online Safety Bill now which is law in the UK. This law now puts a lot of responsibilities social media companies to remove suicide or self harm material. The father of Molly Russell also set up a foundation in her name called The Molly Rose Foundation. We have similar foundations in the UK there is Andys Man club named after the 23 year old Andy Roberts who killed himself and so many more.

I am NOT anti charity and recognise the good charities do especially mental health charities but we don't need any more mental health foundations or charities. We need a fully funded functionally NHS so members of the public can get the help they need.The mental health system is inaccessible to the general public. What are we paying for tax for if the NHS is not working effectively?

The NHS is not just broken but all our institutions within society are broken and vulnerable people are not getting the help they need. The UK welfare system disabled people and single mothers have complained they are not getting enough fianacial help from the state. Welfare benefits in the UK have changed a lot and have gotten more stricter. The welfare benefits are not enough to live on it varies on your circumstances. Single people get around £360 a month in universal credit payments whereas people with children get around £500 a month ( depending on circumstances). Toxic workplaces do damage individual self esteem and have caused people to be signed off for depression or stress. The school system puts too much pressure on young people and has caused youth suicides especially school bullying.

As a society we need to be looking at how can we improve our public services and institutions so people are getting the help and support they need. There are many areas of reform our public services needs and can be reformed but government and society is too lazy to fix it. Suicide I have always believed to be a sympton of a broken world. I believe if we had a more caring compassionate society that actually helped people with their problems suicide would be the exception and not the norm we see today.

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Suicide I have always believed to be a sympton of a broken world. I believe if we had a more caring compassionate society that actually helped people with their problems suicide would be the exception and not the norm we see today.
I think suicide is the symptom of a softer world. Life on earth has always been difficult for us. We have more resources now than we ever had in all of human history. Is life harder now or harder back in the day when the common cold was a death sentence and starvation was the leading cause of death? No. I think somewhere along the line a lot of people lost a sense of purpose and the systems put in place began to feel more oppressive than helpful. We may have gotten too comfortable as well. Suicide sadly isn't the norm. We might feel like it is but more people want to live than they want to die. It's still very much the exception but it's true there is an increase across the globe that's starting to become apparent.

If you want to help the mentally ill, help put them out of their misery in a peaceful manner.
Or at least make it an option when all else fails. We shouldn't have to be forced to endure life
just for the sake of a societal frame work. When we do that, this is the world we get.
The one we are currently living in. And it's unbearable.

Reactions: Hollowman
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
We need more. The more it gets talked about, the less the stigma.