• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Mi Mi

No One Special
Mar 18, 2024
Well after my first morning cry.
Some breakfast and back to sleep.
I woke to the most encountered and thoughtful messages.
I was shocked and began crying again.

Yall are really special.

When you move through life so invisible and so unloved, unappreciated and ignored. Every kind person means so much to you.

So Thankyou 💛

I was asked did my psych stay make me a pro lifer😂😂😂
Let me tell you a story.

As we know each place is different.
Different by location and money.
I have no money but I had decent insurance so in that aspect I will say I was very lucky.

It's sad how as time goes on you pick up psych stays like collecting coins and you compare to other wards you've stayed in.

As an adult this was my second ward.
I had 1 as a child.

My first ward as an adult I checked myself in. I was living with my grandmother..I was wrongfully terminated from a job that I liked and I decided this was the time to get help.

It had bars on the windows. The nurse station was protected with that little office bubble they have. Kinda like a bank. The one tv and chairs , coloring books and games. The rooms were bare with one bed.
Adjoining doors as we had to share a bathroom. I don't remember much about that stay when it came to doctors.
I do remember how they thought it was odd that once allowed items I wanted my perfume. I love to smell good.
Just cause I wanna die doesn't mean I can't smell delightful 😂
I remember having to lock the other door to use the restroom or shower.
And as scary as that is atleast we had privacy and didn't have to have permission and wait to clean up.
I remember looking out of the bars in my window and realizing my sister lived right up the street..but she never came to visit me.

Now this hospital was a bit fancy. They had a kitchen are that we had access to at anytime. The TV had a remote and we could watch what we wanted. There was a small TV to the side where you could watch movies or play wii.
The rooms you had a roommate and the bathroom had a swinging door.

You had to get permission and unlock the shower room. I hated that and I hated that the shower head was non existent. Like you really had to get close...I guess you can hang yourself from the shower 😂😂

Now my first stay I don't recall getting a diagnosis. This time I wanted a diagnosis.
How do I have all these suicide attempts, history of depression and counseling, therapy ect but no real diagnosis.

For me I believe it's because they simply didn't care. I'm black but well spoken.
My entire life that's the one thing I hear how well spoken and articulate I am.
So I think they really just didn't believe me or care.

I went years just getting worse and worse but survived because I had no choice.

Anyway, during this stay I was pretty blunt. The Dr asked did you wanna die.
Ummmm yes😂😂😂 I'm not here for the food😂
They do the assessment thing and they were so robotic and cold.

But my bells went off during a particular conversation where both doctors..I had 2. Both said we want you to get Better.

I found that strange. I'm 42. I have decades of sever depression. Is it really a possibility of better and what does that consist of.

That's when I realized mental health does not matter. It's not a real illness to them. It's not an actual condition.

I looked at the doctor and I said I would think a psychiatrist would know that it's not about getting better. It's management for me.

What's management he asked.

I said more affordable therapy, job programs and assistance, housing assistance, etc.

He blew it off.

When you're a drug addicted you get rehab.
When you're a cancer patient you get chemotherapy.

What do you get when you're mentally ill.

And all of it boils down to how much money and time do you have to dedicate to those things.

No Matter what race you are many don't have the time or money to get treatment to see if there's even a chance of getting better or managing better.

It's the luck of the draw.

Once I realized how these doctors were delusional and will pick and choose according to whatever.

I decided just play the game to get out of here.

Soon as I got out I ordered the PPH.
I vlog on YouTube because I really have no one to talk too.

And I've been planning my next attempt.
I have 4 under my belt now.
One time I held a gun but I couldn't even put it to my head.

So I'm working on 5.

I'll never be a pro lifer.
I know while I may have a understanding of why they claim to be pro life.
They will never understand or admit to having that desire to say I'm done.

I did the best I could with the cards I was dealt and I lost so let me go.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Welcome to SaSu, my new good friend.

I so agree with you as far as the mental health doctors and the like goes. I too have had jerks, like one who told me her way period. I said no way, stupid on my part, and she went to court, and I had to go and plead to not get a long-term commitment, I won, but after that experience, I learned just how a lot of the medical field views mental health and us poor folks who have to deal with it on a daily basis.

Lots of caring thoughts and again, WELCOME!

Walter

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
you describe psych ward brilliantly

doctors are delusional for sure - by the time you've tried their pills and nothing is helping more honesty would be better

I support your right to self determination and to plan your exit. It is a shame the world will lose someone as brilliant as you but why should you carry on suffering.

• Love
Reactions: Mi Mi
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Do you think it would be worth the effort of finding a black psychiatrist? They might take you more seriously, and might be more inclined to regard you as a person.

If you have suffered from severe depression for most of your life, and if you can't think of any obvious cause (childhood abuse or abandonment, PTSD, brain injury etc.), then perhaps a psychiatrist won't be able to help. But the right medication might. Also, I have just been reading up about ECT, and apparently that sometimes helps too. (It's nothing like the abusive process that it used to be decades ago.) See the following link for some recent ideas on ECT

Reactions: Mi Mi
M

Mi Mi

No One Special
Mar 18, 2024
you describe psych ward brilliantly

doctors are delusional for sure - by the time you've tried their pills and nothing is helping more honesty would be better

I support your right to self determination and to plan your exit. It is a shame the world will lose someone as brilliant as you but why should you carry on suffering.
Oh my gosh
Thankyou💛

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
ECT gave me a lot of permanent memory loss but it doesn't happen to everyone
Do you think it would be worth the effort of finding a black psychiatrist? They might take you more seriously, and might be more inclined to regard you as a person.

If you have suffered from severe depression for most of your life, and if you can't think of any obvious cause (childhood abuse or abandonment, PTSD, brain injury etc.), then perhaps a psychiatrist won't be able to help. But the right medication might. Also, I have just been reading up about ECT, and apparently that sometimes helps too. (It's nothing like the abusive process that it used to be decades ago.) See the following link for some recent ideas on ECT

M

Mi Mi

No One Special
Mar 18, 2024

When I was young and had the motivation I would have tried more to find a black doctor.
When you know better you can do better. Unfortunately I didn't have the right resources or know how to get those resources.
Remember I'm a 80s child. So these things didn't exist. By the time I really saw my issue it was too late.
But now I'm not looking for help anymore. I believe I'm not treatable.
My goal is to find SN to exit.
Or prepare myself for a usual method.
I have no desire to continue.
But Thankyou

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rozeske and Linda
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
ECT gave me a lot of permanent memory loss but it doesn't happen to everyone
It used to have a very bad reputation, and until a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have suggested it to anyone. But then someone on this site told me that they do it differently now, and much more carefully. If the numbers in the article I cited are correct, then it might be a risk worth taking for someone who has severe permanent depression.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
It used to have a very bad reputation, and until a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have suggested it to anyone. But then someone on this site told me that they do it differently now, and much more carefully. If the numbers in the article I cited are correct, then it might be a risk worth taking for someone who has severe permanent depression.
This is true. It wasn't worth the temporary relief for me but it helps a lot of people

• Love
Reactions: Linda
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Always good to hear from you mimi, the beautiful, amazing, well spoken you! Thank you for sharing your experience, and letting us be informed on your stay away. We rarely get to have an update on members that leave, just assumptions. I hope all goes well for you and that you find your way to your peace. Know that you are always loved and missed here ❤️

M

Mi Mi

No One Special
Mar 18, 2024
Always good to hear from you mimi, the beautiful, amazing, well spoken you! Thank you for sharing your experience, and letting us be informed on your stay away. We rarely get to have an update on members that leave, just assumptions. I hope all goes well for you and that you find your way to your peace. Know that you are always loved and missed here ❤️
Wow
Thankyou so much
I'm really touched
I wish people like us were closer
It really can make the difference

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske