resolutory

resolutory

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
Just a thought I had. Was wondering what temperature the water you dissolve SN should be? My initial assumption is that I'd just get cold tap water, but I just had the realisation that maybe it being too cold would be a bad thing. Then I thought about warm water. Would that be good?

Would the temperature be a factor in making it more likely to make me vomit? (I doubt it, just curious haha.)

Now I've heard that room temperature is the best, but this was from years ago so I'm not sure if this still stands. Apparently, 'It dissolves super easy in room temperature water.' I'm guessing that's the answer, but was curious if new information had come out.

So, assuming room temperature is best, I guess I'd likely pour myself two glasses of cold tap water and leave them for 30 minutes or an hour or something? What do you think? Thanks!

chr74

chr74

Student
Mar 29, 2023
i was thinking room temperature seems fine and also just making sure it all dissolves properly

manta

manta

its gonna be ok
Mar 26, 2023
So, assuming room temperature is best, I guess I'd likely pour myself two glasses of cold tap water and leave them for 30 minutes or an hour or something?
Buying a gallon of water from the grocery store could also work since it's already room temp. Not really a big difference going from the tap though

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't think water temp matters.

D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
Sorry to open this old thread but I just tried dissolving 20g table salt in 50ml water and it's just not fully dissolving. I even heated up the water a bit to see if that would help but there is definitely a good chunk of salt refusing to dissolve lol. Anyone else encounter this with actual SN?

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
If it's not dissolving further you have a saturated solution and the water molecules can't take up more of the salt.

Different salts have different chemical properties and table salt may not dissolve as easily as a different kind of salt.

So: Either you add more water or you strain it and use as is. The likelihood that it does what you need it for is high enough.