GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Hey.
I just wanted to thank everyone who offered suggestions or just any kindness. It is very much appreciated in these times.
Love y'all.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 8975, Disappointered, justsayin and 7 others
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
I understand that there may be different opinions on different matters but don't you think any pro-Putin propaganda on here and promoting war crime actions should be punished from now on?

Last thing we need is Putin trolls infesting the forum. It is madness that we have Russia apologists.

Reactions: Depressed Cat and Silenos
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Hey.
I just wanted to thank everyone who offered suggestions or just any kindness. It is very much appreciated in these times.
Love y'all.
Any update as to how you're faring?
I found your other comment to be scary but insightful (regarding the current happenings).

• Hugs
Reactions: GrumpyFrog
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Any update as to how you're faring?
Well, things are currently even worse than they were yesterday, unfortunately. Full mobilisation was declared as of today, even I had a meeting with authorities regarding the draft that spent a while deciding what to do with me before literally telling me "You're obviously useless, go home", and I'm a disabled woman. At the same time most people, even those in the first order military reserve are still sitting at home confused and unsure what to do as far as I know. It's a miracle we still have functioning infrastructure and even internet, considering that active warfare is happening very close to the city. We had air raid alerts yesterday and now I know where the nearest public bomb shelter is and what it's like. As far as I know, nothing close to where I live was hit though, thankfully. But I did hear explosions further away. I received instructions on what to do during bomb shelling and if there's gunfire in close proximity (god I'm usually totally fluent in English but now I'm stubling over words not sure if I'm explaining it right because I never learned all these military-related terms. Never thought I will need to use them), and on first aid, I promptly forgot everything but I have leaflets somewhere around. I'm getting conflicting reports on whether the city is surrounded, whether the transportation is paralyzed and whether it is possible to escape the area. I probably wouldn't try it for now, unless there is official evacuation. Not sure if it's not too late for it though.

I have cards in two banks and both ceased operations at the moment. I've heard there is some chance to get access to your money if you actually visit the bank, but the lines are insane and I'm too physically unwell. Everyone beyond critical patients were discharged from hospitals, they are currently only working on helping the military and civilian war casualties. It was not possible to buy prescription medication, even with cash, and over the counter stuff is running out. Food situation is not as bad as I expected though. The supermarkets were restocked today (now that I think about it, this means we're not totally surrounded), and the lines are huge and panicky, but not "insane looter mode" lines and chaos in grocery stores that I've seen yesterday. People discovered odd loopholes that let you transfer money from your screwed up non-operational bank to a payment system and from there - to a card of a different bank and are helping each other out in stores so that everyone can shop, since accessing cash is next to impossible for everyone - all ATMs I've seen were either emptied out or are non-operational and i've spent a while looking for a one that works since I only have about 80$ in cash and my cards are useless. All non-essential businesses seem closed, I wanted to buy a flashlight somewhere in case we don't have electricity, but didn't find one in a supermarket and I'm not sure where else I can look.

It's very scary. Very quiet and every little sound makes you mind immediately jump to the possibility of being bombed. I am also very scared about the fact Russians actually went to Chernobyl and took control of the plant. Their officials deny their intentions to blow it up but what the hell else you would need it for and why else would you go there?! That's the one thing that I'd be pretty scared about living anywhere in Europe, not just here. Sorry if I'm scaring anyone, but I think some people might want to know what's up as it is.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Manaaja, Élégie, NumbItAll and 7 others
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
@Nessie , do whatever you can and have to do to stay safe in the fast changing scenario, please. 🤗

Much love :heart: to all my Ukrainian brothers and sisters going through this hell because of the diabolical actions of the deranged dictatorial degenerate of Russia and his bloodthirsty goons.

May the bloodthirsty bastard Putin end up with a bullet in his botox-bloated head soon!

May the flag of Ukraine fly high and proud, 🇺🇦 may the people of Ukraine 🇺🇦 win this war thrust upon them by a cowardly diabolical dictator and his evil regime!

Glory to Ukraine! Слава Україні! Героям слава! 🇺🇦

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers and Ada
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
like most people on here, I said that a war wasn't going to happen and that the news were just baiting us as usual.

but here we are.

It's sad that we're so used to being lied to by the news that when they actually tell the truth, we don't listen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Depressed Cat and Fragile
D

Deleted member 8975

like most people on here, I said that a war wasn't going to happen and that the news were just baiting us as usual.

but here we are.

It's sad that we're so used to being lied to by the news than when they actually tell the truth, we don't listen.
Which is why the threat of nuclear war should be taken seriously. This is Cuban missile crisis levels of danger right now.

Reactions: Depressed Cat