• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
Let's bring the community together and talk a bit about video games.
Lately, I've been playing a really cute pixel game called Celeste, It's a platformer and is kind of hard, but I wholeheartedly recommend it.
I've also been playing a bit more overwatch as well, but good lord the community is acidic.

Bonus discussion: Your thoughts on VR? they released Skyrim VR a month ago or so, and I have to say technology truly is becoming something worth living for. Trying to keep it on the brighter side, VR becoming something indistinguishable from reality does sound appealing, granted no one will take some type of political twist on this and try to use it for malicious profits.

But yeah this is a general game thread, share your favourite video games and video game experiences.

Safira

Safira

An empty soul isolated and fuelled by desperation
Apr 3, 2018
Heard a lot about Celeste, really want to get into it when i have the time (so much anime to watch, other games to play, oof, never enough time). I love challenging games like that as much as they make me rage, because this one at least seems quite fair in its difficulty, you know what you're getting into.

I doubt i'll ever play with a VR headset in my lifetime, i don't know anyone who has one and my family's quite poor, but seeing people enjoy it and goof around with it does put a smile on my face. I bet i'd feel quite nauseous using it anyway haha. Oh ofc corporations will use VR to advertise and market certain ideologies onto people, just glad it's been this long without that kind of intervention. Lots of indie developers doing the best with what they have, and it's glorious.

I'm extremely hyped for Spyro Reignited Trilogy, those games are one of the reasons i'm still around today, they give me so much joy! I'm beyond elated the rumours were true, following them as they became more and more official was one of the best experiences of my life (it was over half a year of checking! Activision knows how to hype). Other games i really love are Okami, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Harvest Moon. I could talk all day about them <3 (i bought Stardew Valley too, but i don't think i'll ever have time to play it XD good to know it's an option though, it looks gorgeous).

Really want to get into the Persona games after hearing how well 4 and 5 did, anyone here played them? I feel like they're right up my alley.

Dead Girl Don't Care

Dead Girl Don't Care

Trying but still Dying
Mar 26, 2018
I absolutely love Celeste, it is really wonderful, the gameplay the underlying themes, it all really resonates with me.

Video games are my go to escapism. Any chance to get out of this disgusting, absurd world into a vivid, coherent space. Lately I've been playing through botw, fire emblem, Bayonetta, Celeste, stardew valley, the sims. I mostly stick to single player games as my anxiety and dislike of competitive anything detour me from online.

Bonus: my favorite game ever is Eternal Sonata, which I classify as a masterpiece and actual work of art. Interestingly, the suicide/suicide attempt of one of the main characters is a pivotal plot point, so there's always that too lol

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
Celeste isn't really hard, its a really easy game to beat, the only hard aspect of it is getting all the strawberries which you can give up on if you just rage over a specific strawberry.

I'm extremely hyped for Spyro Reignited Trilogy, those games are one of the reasons I'm still around today, they give me so much joy! I'm beyond elated the rumours were true, following them as they became more and more official was one of the best experiences of my life (it was over half a year of checking! Activision knows how to hype). Other games I really love are Okami, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Harvest Moon. I could talk all day about them <3 (i bought Stardew Valley too, but I don't think I'll ever have time to play it XD good to know it's an option though, it looks gorgeous).

Thoughts on the upcoming kingdom hearts? Seems like your type of game.

Video games are my go to escapism. Any chance to get out of this disgusting, absurd world into a vivid, coherent space. Lately I've been playing through botw, fire emblem, Bayonetta, Celeste, stardew valley, the sims. I mostly stick to single player games as my anxiety and dislike of competitive anything detour me from online.

Oh yeah, I completely understand where you are coming from. I used to get intense anxiety from playing online games, even if it wasn't competitive, but nowadays my meds teach me not to care, thankfully doesn't make me more toxic either.
Also any tips on what order to play the fire emblem games? I have been thinking about it form months now.

Dead Girl Don't Care

Dead Girl Don't Care

Trying but still Dying
Mar 26, 2018
Oh yeah, I completely understand where you are coming from. I used to get intense anxiety from playing online games, even if it wasn't competitive, but nowadays my meds teach me not to care, thankfully doesn't make me more toxic either.
Also any tips on what order to play the fire emblem games? I have been thinking about it form months now.

What online games do you enjoy? I've been wanting to play splatoon if I did go online, I think it would be a manageable enough game.

If you are new to the series and can I would start with Awakening, great game with some elements of the old and the new. The newest one, Shadows of Valentia is good but riddled with microtransactions and they lost some elements from the newer games I enjoyed in the series, like marriage, kids and such.

The Fates games are enjoyable though a little cheesy for the franchise and lacking depth, though they're the first and only to have a gay marriage option which I enjoyed--even if it is convoluted. If you just want one to emulate I'd go for the fe6, Binding Blade. I think that may be one of the most complete entries in the series as far as characters and strategy, but Awakening is newer, easier*, more accessible, and just a great game to jump into the franchise with.

Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
Thoughts on the upcoming kingdom hearts? Seems like your type of game.

I've actually never played Kingdom Hearts (my brothers were very protective of their copies) and some bad experiences with them put me off going past the tutorial when i managed to sneak one away from them. I've seen lots of videos of gameplay as well as a few trailers for #3. Happy for the fandom since they're finally getting what they wished for <3 I may not understand the storyline but i can definitely appreciate the game mechanics, the fighting always looked like fun and it flows really well! And this latest game looks like it's going to up the ante in that regard. I just love seeing all the worlds interacting together, from what has been shown so far it's gorgeous. Hyped to see someone play it in full, it's gonna be a great one!

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
What online games do you enjoy? I've been wanting to play splatoon if I did go online, I think it would be a manageable enough game.
Oh boy, a friend is trying to get me hooked on splatoon 2. apparently, she is like top 50 or some shit in the US and is thinking about buying me Nintendo switch + splatoon for my birthday even though I'm in the EU. I've been trying to tell her to stop because it would be too much pressure if someone went out of their way to make me enjoy it.

So the Fate series is separate from the main-stream series? I think that would be fun to dive into if I enjoy the more popular games.

I've actually never played Kingdom Hearts (my brothers were very protective of their copies) and some bad experiences with them put me off going past the tutorial when i managed to sneak one away from them. I've seen lots of videos of gameplay as well as a few trailers for #3. Happy for the fandom since they're finally getting what they wished for <3 I may not understand the storyline but i can definitely appreciate the game mechanics, the fighting always looked like fun and it flows really well! And this latest game looks like it's going to up the ante in that regard. I just love seeing all the worlds interacting together, from what has been shown so far it's gorgeous. Hyped to see someone play it in full, it's gonna be a great one!

Quite honestly, I have never really understood kingdom hearts and is kind of like in the same position as you; my sister loved it and a lot of my friends speed run it and what-not. I've also been thinking about playing the newer pokemon games, but money is tight. Omega Ruby seems like a dream game for me, I loved the original Pokemon games and I've heard that the newer pokemon games aren't a disappointment.

Also, have you ever heard of named Kingdom: new lands? It has a really relaxing atmosphere like harvest moon but I suppose the concept is somewhat different. It's a cute pixel game where you build your own kingdom trying to protect it from the zombies(???) attacking at night. It does become somewhat monotone after a while but goddamn it is relaxing for the first couple of hours.

Dead Girl Don't Care

Dead Girl Don't Care

Trying but still Dying
Mar 26, 2018
Oh boy, a friend is trying to get me hooked on splatoon 2. apparently, she is like top 50 or some shit in the US and is thinking about buying me Nintendo switch + splatoon for my birthday even though I'm in the EU. I've been trying to tell her to stop because it would be too much pressure if someone went out of their way to make me enjoy it.

So the Fate series is separate from the main-stream series? I think that would be fun to dive into if I enjoy the more popular games.

Jesus, she's that good? That's crazy, but I mean who better to advocate for the game than someone that well versed in it, just maybe don't play against her lol

Well a lot of the games aren't really related in the main timeline or anything, some take place in different universes altogether--at least as far as I understand it. The fates trilogy of games is set in their own world, not like really a different subset of games as far as gameplay or anything just different plot arc, but those three games are tied together weirdly closely unlike others in the series like the first two are choose your own adventure and the last one is the climax. Awakening is set way after Marth, the series staple, but you don't have to play the first one or the remake, Shadow Dragon, to enjoy Awakening. They are their own games with their own conflicts and plot. I stress too much with maintaining a linear overarching story line between the games. Each can be taken on it's own and is enjoyable.

Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
Omega Ruby seems like a dream game for me, I loved the original Pokemon games and I've heard that the newer pokemon games aren't a disappointment.

Totally, if i had the money i'd definitely be a pokemon fanatic! I'm sorta grateful i'm not though (it would've become an addiction, at least most of the things i love like that don't have many editions/platforms/series going for it, i would feel the need to collect them all! Don't get me started on amiibos oh man i'd be in debt so bad XD). I'm glad to just be into the Mystery Dungeon series, though i have yet to get a new 3DS to play the latest 2 instalments on.
Hopefully you can get a hold of Omega Ruby soon - i'd choose Alpha Sapphire since Kyogre is my favourite of the trio, as much as Rayquaza intimidates me :3 You have a set team of pokemon you try to maintain with each game you play? I'm up to hear about favourite pokemon too, i don't have too many but i'd rather hear others' before i ramble further haha.

Also, have you ever heard of named Kingdom: new lands? It has a really relaxing atmosphere like harvest moon but I suppose the concept is somewhat different. It's a cute pixel game where you build your own kingdom trying to protect it from the zombies(???) attacking at night. It does become somewhat monotone after a while but goddamn it is relaxing for the first couple of hours.

I've not yet heard of that game, and looking it up it appears super charming! I'll definitely check it out, pixel art can be so beautiful when done right! Speaking of which, i'm personally super excited for The Last Night, its aesthetics are giving me life -> http://oddtales.net Cannot wait for it <3 Thanks for the recommendation!

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
Well a lot of the games aren't really related in the main timeline or anything, some take place in different universes altogether--at least as far as I understand it. The fates trilogy of games is set in their own world, not like really a different subset of games as far as gameplay or anything just different plot arc, but those three games are tied together weirdly closely unlike others in the series like the first two are choose your own adventure and the last one is the climax. Awakening is set way after Marth, the series staple, but you don't have to play the first one or the remake, Shadow Dragon, to enjoy Awakening. They are their own games with their own conflicts and plot. I stress too much with maintaining a linear overarching story line between the games. Each can be taken on it's own and is enjoyable.

The only sort of experience I have with JRPGs is ni no kuni 2, and that's not even turn based (highly recommend it if your pc can handle it, it's fucking gorgeous) I have played some xcom though, I've heard fire emblem is like xcom but without any chances or risks, its all 100% certain.
Also what plotline is the most mainstream at the moment? Like what's the game with all the famous characters?

Hopefully you can get a hold of Omega Ruby soon - i'd choose Alpha Sapphire since Kyogre is my favourite of the trio, as much as Rayquaza intimidates me :3 You have a set team of pokemon you try to maintain with each game you play? I'm up to hear about favourite pokemon too, i don't have too many but i'd rather hear others' before i ramble further haha.

Oh boyo, I couldn't remember what the blue ruby game was called so I just said "ruby", sapphire was my favourite pokemon game and yes, I do agree with you, Kyogre is the best one of the trio, even though the emerald game is technically so much better and more content filled.

I used to just catch my first 6 pokemons and then maintain them through the game, it truly is the superior way to play pokemon but the last time I played pokemon I just wanted to get the legendary shit, it feels so satisfying to catch a legendary pokemon, so why not just use them? I really should download an emulator for it. My favourite pokemon is either lotad, pelipper,crobat or vileplume.

Also, have you heard of pokemmo? I used to play it a couple of years ago, it was a pokemon mmo where you can meet players in real time n shit, it was pretty rad. Now when I search around for it I also found pokemon-planet, I think ill do some research on this.

Dead Girl Don't Care

Dead Girl Don't Care

Trying but still Dying
Mar 26, 2018
I'm up to hear about favourite pokemon too, i don't have too many but i'd rather hear others' before i ramble further haha.

Ooh I love Pokemon, totally sapphire though--Kyogre rocks--I played the hell out of sapphire on my gameboy advance when I was younger. Fave Pokémon is probably Mawile, Cinccino--it's just so damn cute!-- and Gardevoir.

I've heard fire emblem is like xcom but without any chances or risks, its all 100% certain.
Also what plotline is the most mainstream at the moment? Like what's the game with all the famous characters?

Fire emblem has percentage risks: hit/miss chance, critical, ect. Marth is in a few games--and his time-line seems to have the most games though I haven't played them all by any means. Roy and Lyn are from fe 6 and 7, Binding Blade and Blazing Blade. Lucina is from Awakening. They are pretty much just sprinkled through out. I would either play 6 and 7 or jump in with Awakening despite it not being the linear first. Either way, the cast of characters is superb.

Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
Oh boyo, I couldn't remember what the blue ruby game was called so I just said "ruby", sapphire was my favourite pokemon game and yes, I do agree with you, Kyogre is the best one of the trio, even though the emerald game is technically so much better and more content filled.

I used to just catch my first 6 pokemons and then maintain them through the game, it truly is the superior way to play pokemon but the last time I played pokemon I just wanted to get the legendary shit, it feels so satisfying to catch a legendary pokemon, so why not just use them? I really should download an emulator for it. My favourite pokemon is either lotad, pelipper,crobat or vileplume.

Ooh I love Pokemon, totally sapphire though--Kyogre rocks--I played the hell out of sapphire on my gameboy advance when I was younger. Fave Pokémon is probably Mawile, Cinccino--it's just so damn cute!-- and Gardevoir.

Woot! More Kyogre fans :D Yeah, sad they didn't remake Emerald as its own version, would've loved to see that.

To Mad, yeah i definitely love working with the same pokemon, it's why i'm afraid to try a nuzlocke version of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon! Especially the first ones (Blue/Red Rescue Team) as imo they're the hardest. Still trying to get to Jirachi so i can recruit pokemon with the worst recruitment rates (6% for an Exeggcute, rest my soul :'3 and out of about 50 floors to find it in it spawns maybe twice, hurts). And yeah, legendaries are just...legendary haha, they're truly awesome looking. Pelipper's pretty adorable, and the rest do have a great aesthetic together X3 you have some good taste.

To Dead Girl, yes a cinccino fan <3 <3 Always wanted to draw a bunch of my favourite pokemon, can't wait to amplify the floofage on cinccino. Mawile's always been kinda freaky to me, but it sure is unique! And gardevoir, nice.

My favourites are bulbasaur (cutie pie, my given pokemon after completing the personality test in PMD and i will always choose it), grovyle, sawsbuck, cinccino :D, absol and milotic. Favourite legendaries are xerneas, suicune and dialga. (i have a thing for blue pokemon it seems haha)

Also, have you heard of pokemmo? I used to play it a couple of years ago, it was a pokemon mmo where you can meet players in real time n shit, it was pretty rad. Now when I search around for it I also found pokemon-planet, I think ill do some research on this.

I've heard about it yes, but now i've searched it (thought it was shut down!) i may be interested in seeing if i can get this on my phone sometime soon. Doubt i'll play too often but it may be a needed distraction at times. Used to play pocket mortys but it got very boring, you ever play it? Also, do let me know if pokemon planet is as good, as much as i like single player games, multiplayer can be fun too. If you play it sometime soon, hope you enjoy it <3

Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
Only game i play nowadays is Call of duty: modern warfare remaster. Other than that im not playing anything. Games dont interest me like they used to sadly.

One game's better than nothing! You tried puzzle games? They can be quite challenging but very rewarding, and some are very peaceful like The Witness. Even small flash games can provide an afternoon's entertainment. A platformer i recently returned to was Dino Run! Used to play the flash version a lot as a kid, and they're working slowly on the sequel that looks gorgeous <3 There's lots of genres to try out if you still want to get back into gaming, but it's totally understandable if you want to hold off on it for a while.

Some online games i can recommend (you don't have to try any, just in case you want some) are:
  • William and Sly 1 and 2 (very relaxing games, 1 is more of an adventure while 2 is mostly collecting things and exploring a smaller area, but the graphics and music in both are beautiful, at least to me)
  • Nitrome's website has some amazing games! I love Feed Me, Swindler and Canopy to name a few
  • Dino Run (ofc)
  • Fixation (atmospheric pretty emotional story with good puzzle layout for the most part, i always liked the mechanics)
  • Achievement Unlocked and This is the Only Level games (most of the blue elephant games are simple mindless fun)
Won't link anymore but i've definitely missed some great ones out (such as the people behind Chuck the Sheep and Sushi Cat, Gregory Weir's amazing messages wrapped up in a game, etc.) - feel free to ask about more, i'm up for rambling about flash games anyday ^^ It's okay if you don't want to have a look at any of these, apologies if this kind of response annoys you, hope you have a better than usual day/night and find some relaxation in your own way.

Retrogaming sometimes saves me from the Ennui . Games from the early 90s are the freaking best.
I wish I had enough money to buy myself a good VR headset, though. Can't wait for virtual reality to become realer than reality itself.

Right? I wish i had access to an N64 rn, wanna replay Super Mario 64 so bad! <3 <3 At the very least i'll get the 3DS version when i get a hold of one. Always wanted to play Yoshi's Island too, never had a SNES though.
VR's gonna be amazing as i'm sure the technology, once mastered some more, will likely have attempts to be implemented in other entertainment like films for more immersion than you're ready for! Might be a bit overzealous but imagining the future does make me smile sometimes instead of worry, and i try to hold onto those moments as long as i can.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
To Mad, yeah i definitely love working with the same pokemon, it's why i'm afraid to try a nuzlocke version of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon! Especially the first ones (Blue/Red Rescue Team) as imo they're the hardest. Still trying to get to Jirachi so i can recruit pokemon with the worst recruitment rates (6% for an Exeggcute, rest my soul :'3 and out of about 50 floors to find it in it spawns maybe twice, hurts). And yeah, legendaries are just...legendary haha, they're truly awesome looking. Pelipper's pretty adorable, and the rest do have a great aesthetic together X3 you have some good taste.

I remember a friend asking me about my favourite pokemons (or rather my most used pokemons) and she ended up making a low effort sketch of them, I wish she was still alive.

Aww

Used to play pocket mortys but it got very boring, you ever play it?

No, I never even watched the series. I did, however, watch the parody bushworld adventures, and yeah, it feels like many "comedy" games get really monotone in gameplay.

Nitrome's website has some amazing games! I love Feed Me, Swindler and Canopy to name a few

Holy fuck, I totally forgot about that website, flash games are amazing.
Fire emblem has percentage risks: hit/miss chance, critical, ect. Marth is in a few games--and his time-line seems to have the most games though I haven't played them all by any means. Roy and Lyn are from fe 6 and 7, Binding Blade and Blazing Blade. Lucina is from Awakening. They are pretty much just sprinkled through out. I would either play 6 and 7 or jump in with Awakening despite it not being the linear first. Either way, the cast of characters is superb.

Sounds like order doesn't really matter. Any opinion on FE heroes? What troubles me with the whole "wrong order" and "not completing the whole series" is how much of a perfectionist I am. I normally do EVERYTHING a game can offer me without missing a single dialogue.

Dead Girl Don't Care

Dead Girl Don't Care

Trying but still Dying
Mar 26, 2018
Sounds like order doesn't really matter. Any opinion on FE heroes? What troubles me with the whole "wrong order" and "not completing the whole series" is how much of a perfectionist I am. I normally do EVERYTHING a game can offer me without missing a single dialogue.

God, getting all the support conversations between every character possible seems daunting lol--also impossible in any less than a dozen play-throughs with the particular S+ marriage convos in some of the games not to mention the various children and their supports after those marriages--and also accounting for units potentially dying and ruining all that hard work. Like you can definitely min-max these games, but a lot of the fun for me comes from just playing through it and letting what happens happen.

Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
I remember a friend asking me about my favourite pokemons (or rather my most used pokemons) and she ended up making a low effort sketch of them, I wish she was still alive.

Oh wow, that artwork is amazing, the lugia and giratina especially. "Low effort"? It's awesome. Good you still have that saved and kept in memorial, i'm sure she would have preferred it that way <3.

I've accidentally deleted some artwork from a friend of mine who i no longer am sure is alive. She was my online twin, we shared so much in common (such as the same first anime we ever watched, same age and we both loved to draw the same things). She slowly got less active due to her parents being more concerned and....persuading about her use of the internet. I'm afraid she was abused/neglected or even killed by her parents, if not having to ctb. I will share a single picture she drew for me, but nothing too personal because if she is still alive i want to protect her. Sorry, i just get so paranoid about sharing things yet i ramble on and on v-v I'm just hoping she's still alive and is finding a new life for herself, if only so i can speak with her once more. It's heartbreaking not knowing what happened to her.

aggvKuM.png

(Not my OC btw, she just drew her interpretation of what mine would look like. I miss her so much, she had such artistic potential.)

No, I never even watched the series. I did, however, watch the parody bushworld adventures, and yeah, it feels like many "comedy" games get really monotone in gameplay.

Mmm, it's a very difficult niche to get right, and tbh you're not missing much with the series, there's a couple outstanding episodes and the rest are pretty mediocre. The edge it seemed to have fell apart once it got popular, or it's just casual fans like myself being drowned by fanatics that makes the actual episodes slightly unbearable to sit through.

Holy fuck, I totally forgot about that website, flash games are amazing.

You're welcome for reminding you of it :D i still return to it every now and then to play my favourites, not many are genres i enjoy but the artwork makes a lot of them work nonetheless.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
Rr
I helped her and her boyfriend making a visual novel about self-harm, the last messages I had from her was her making a sims home with me and others within our social circles. I also have a lot of friends who just disappeared, not because they ghosted me, but because I ghosted them. It has been a common pattern in my life. If I had to take a half-assed guess, at least a fourth of them are dead. Talking about sims, I recently made a sims home with some online personalities I'm close with, hopefully, it isn't a bad omen if you get what I'm trying to say.
Jj

God, getting all the support conversations between every character possible seems daunting lol--also impossible in any less than a dozen play-throughs with the particular S+ marriage convos in some of the games not to mention the various children and their supports after those marriages--and also accounting for units potentially dying and ruining all that hard work. Like you can definitely min-max these games, but a lot of the fun for me comes from just playing through it and letting what happens happen.
Oh lord, have you ever heard about a game called divinity original sin 2? It's a rather hardcore dnd game with really REALLY in-depth storylines with maybe like 10 alternative ways to complete quests, even side quests. Good lord did I take my time with that game, but it was well worth it. It's now my favourite game of all time.

Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
Very cute art <3 And damn, i think i've done a similar amount of ghosting (though on some occasions mutual ghosting happened, we never blocked each other for example yet never striked up a conversation again). It sucks when you think back on how you used to hang out together and don't know where they are now. Anyway, the sims is awesome :3 And don't even fret, if i had a computer that could run the sims smooth as butter i'd totally be living vicariously through my sim self and making friends with online personalities too haha. It's a healthier way of expressing your love for them and need for companionship than say, stalking and harassing them in real life, so a win-win scenario for everyone. Don't be ashamed of it, make the sim world as wacky as you can imagine!

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
One game's better than nothing! You tried puzzle games? They can be quite challenging but very rewarding, and some are very peaceful like The Witness. Even small flash games can provide an afternoon's entertainment. A platformer i recently returned to was Dino Run! Used to play the flash version a lot as a kid, and they're working slowly on the sequel that looks gorgeous <3 There's lots of genres to try out if you still want to get back into gaming, but it's totally understandable if you want to hold off on it for a while.

Some online games i can recommend (you don't have to try any, just in case you want some) are:
  • William and Sly 1 and 2 (very relaxing games, 1 is more of an adventure while 2 is mostly collecting things and exploring a smaller area, but the graphics and music in both are beautiful, at least to me)
  • Nitrome's website has some amazing games! I love Feed Me, Swindler and Canopy to name a few
  • Dino Run (ofc)
  • Fixation (atmospheric pretty emotional story with good puzzle layout for the most part, i always liked the mechanics)
  • Achievement Unlocked and This is the Only Level games (most of the blue elephant games are simple mindless fun)
Won't link anymore but i've definitely missed some great ones out (such as the people behind Chuck the Sheep and Sushi Cat, Gregory Weir's amazing messages wrapped up in a game, etc.) - feel free to ask about more, i'm up for rambling about flash games anyday ^^ It's okay if you don't want to have a look at any of these, apologies if this kind of response annoys you, hope you have a better than usual day/night and find some relaxation in your own way.

Cool, not a huge fan of puzzle games but ill check some of the online games out.

Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
Cool, not a huge fan of puzzle games but ill check some of the online games out.
Won't hurt to try <3 Hope at least one entertains you, and again let me know if you want to try different ones (i've played a lot haha, i can think of another 10 or so off the top of my head that are awesome, but i won't overload you too much). Let me know what you think too if any strike your fancy! Or if you hate em, i don't mind, it's nice to see others' views of games.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
Very cute art <3 And damn, i think i've done a similar amount of ghosting (though on some occasions mutual ghosting happened, we never blocked each other for example yet never striked up a conversation again). It sucks when you think back on how you used to hang out together and don't know where they are now.

The biggest guilt is leaving other people knowing they will be hurt by it.
Either way, gaming helps me a lot with ghosting and not thinking about other people, it's like tea time with yourself, or well, at least for single player games. Playing with other people will always be really hectic, so escaping from the world and just barely existing in real life is kind of nice, books, anime and cyoas help with that as well.

Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
The biggest guilt is leaving other people knowing they will be hurt by it.
Either way, gaming helps me a lot with ghosting and not thinking about other people, it's like tea time with yourself, or well, at least for single player games. Playing with other people will always be really hectic, so escaping from the world and just barely existing in real life is kind of nice, books, anime and cyoas help with that as well.
Yeah, there's always the rare times they're too toxic to know they are (and understand you reasonably enough if you try to explain that to them) so ghosting is a necessity for both of your healths, but most of the time you're never that fortunate =/
And yeah, rpgs especially help fill the gap more than other games but i know being too absorbed in them makes everything worse. Wish i could still enjoy reading as much as i used to, everything's just so loud around me i can't concentrate enough to read a book on a "chill" afternoon v.v as much as i want to. Hopefully i'll be able to get through my to-read pile (of about 20ish books i think), there's not too many nowadays i feel like getting into so they're mostly quite old classics i want to experience, therefore spoilers aren't a big deal haha. Anime on the other hand, oh boy, i wish i had the time to watch anime, i love it and have a monumental list of hundreds of series to watch! Nothing the length of Bleach or Naruto though, never got into those super long ones besides Inuyasha, so i suppose i dodged a big (ha) bullet there. Glad you can enjoy it though <3 I'm aiming to get Digimon Rumble Arena 2 soon for my gamecube (old copy for the Xbox was lost and the console died recently) since i already have the first one, super excited about it because i can whoop anyone's ass in that game. At least locally haha, i miss those times.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
Yeah, there's always the rare times they're too toxic to know they are (and understand you reasonably enough if you try to explain that to them) so ghosting is a necessity for both of your healths, but most of the time you're never that fortunate =/
And yeah, rpgs especially help fill the gap more than other games but i know being too absorbed in them makes everything worse. Wish i could still enjoy reading as much as i used to, everything's just so loud around me i can't concentrate enough to read a book on a "chill" afternoon v.v as much as i want to. Hopefully i'll be able to get through my to-read pile (of about 20ish books i think), there's not too many nowadays i feel like getting into so they're mostly quite old classics i want to experience, therefore spoilers aren't a big deal haha. Anime on the other hand, oh boy, i wish i had the time to watch anime, i love it and have a monumental list of hundreds of series to watch! Nothing the length of Bleach or Naruto though, never got into those super long ones besides Inuyasha, so i suppose i dodged a big (ha) bullet there. Glad you can enjoy it though <3 I'm aiming to get Digimon Rumble Arena 2 soon for my gamecube (old copy for the Xbox was lost and the console died recently) since i already have the first one, super excited about it because i can whoop anyone's ass in that game. At least locally haha, i miss those times.

My ADD has been way worse lately so I can't get into reading either, my situation on anime is pretty much like your situation with books, I have so many I want to watch but I haven't watched in at least a year. Something I have been doing, however, is watching Jojo with a friend of mine on rabb.it. I have at the very least 400 series under my belt so it feels weird to just let such a passion die. You should look into emulators if you don't mind the non-cosy feeling of not playing on a console.

Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
You should look into emulators if you don't mind the non-cosy feeling of not playing on a console.

I mentioned before, my laptop's a piece of shit ^^;; can barely stream Twitch when it's live without crashing a hundred times. I'm planning on getting a new one next year (there are other priorities rn) but when i do it'll be a gaming one for sure. There's so many i want to try out for myself <3 And yeah, for most games emulators are alright but when they're such a big childhood staple i'm a stickler for wanting to stay with the nostalgic feeling of holding the same familiar controller.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
I mentioned before, my laptop's a piece of shit ^^;; can barely stream Twitch when it's live without crashing a hundred times. I'm planning on getting a new one next year (there are other priorities rn) but when i do it'll be a gaming one for sure. There's so many i want to try out for myself <3 And yeah, for most games emulators are alright but when they're such a big childhood staple i'm a stickler for wanting to stay with the nostalgic feeling of holding the same familiar controller.

If you're thinking about getting a gaming computer, I recommend building one, yes yes I know everybody says that because it's cheaper, but the reason why I recommend it is because it has really become a hobby of mine since I built one. One of those things that just helps me think about life a little bit less. If I were you I would download ccleaner, it won't make a huge difference but it gets rid of a lot of junk you didn't even know your laptop stored which can cause some rather annoying background processes.

Talking about nostalgia, I get huge melancholy attacks whenever I see something nostalgic, it's just said that I will never be in that state again and have to move on.

Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
If you're thinking about getting a gaming computer, I recommend building one, yes yes I know everybody says that because it's cheaper, but the reason why I recommend it is because it has really become a hobby of mine since I built one. One of those things that just helps me think about life a little bit less. If I were you I would download ccleaner, it won't make a huge difference but it gets rid of a lot of junk you didn't even know your laptop stored which can cause some rather annoying background processes.

Talking about nostalgia, I get huge melancholy attacks whenever I see something nostalgic, it's just said that I will never be in that state again and have to move on.
Sorry i couldn't respond yesterday, site wouldn't work for me =/ And yeah heavily considering building one, family's got quite a bit of experience in that regard. And sweet, i'll go see how it works for my machine :3 Thanks for the recommendation! Also, totally, i miss lots of things about my childhood but i am slowly getting the majority of these things back (some stuffed animals and consoles are too expensive to get a hold of again realistically, but i have most of my favourite things with me) - they won't match those memories perfectly, i'm weighed down a lot more to be that happy again, but it brings me closer than i ever could on an average day. It's pretty unhealthy to try and drag the past with me into the future, but i think i'm too far gone to care haha.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I absolutely love video games and its one of the reasons I'm still alive. I hate anyone who try to prevent me from my hobbies and interests including gaming. Fuck this world and this life, they bring you into a life that you didn't choose then force you to live in a certain way. I don't give a fuck about them and about their dumb life. They tell you that you live once and you should do what you want then the hypocrite tells you must do something you don't want.

Sorry for the maybe unrelated introduction I loved and played video games for 20+ years and love to play different genres. I like Mario, Crash, Zelda, Pokémon,Megaman and many other things. I love both new and old games although I spend more time on the old ones. I like to play competitive games but the toxic communities keep me away.
Currently I don't have money and I wish to get a Nintendo switch and buy more games for my ps4. The new God of War looks amazing (although I'm not a fan of the series), and I'm waiting for the Spyro remake which I'm very hyped for.

And yea, I get nostalgia always, I remember the good times when I forget about the world and filled with happiness because of games. I love to complete games but the moments of ending are something I don't like generally because everything ends in this life.

Sometimes I wish if I could play forever in a parallel universe rather than being in this toxic world.

Sorry for the long and maybe emotional post but fuck life. I love gaming.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Safira
Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
I absolutely love video games and its one of the reasons I'm still alive. I hate anyone who try to prevent me from my hobbies and interests including gaming. Fuck this world and this life, they bring you into a life that you didn't choose then force you to live in a certain way. I don't give a fuck about them and about their dumb life. They tell you that you live once and you should do what you want then the hypocrite tells you must do something you don't want.

Sorry for the maybe unrelated introduction I loved and played video games for 20+ years and love to play different genres. I like Mario, Crash, Zelda, Pokémon,Megaman and many other things. I love both new and old games although I spend more time on the old ones. I like to play competitive games but the toxic communities keep me away.
Currently I don't have money and I wish to get a Nintendo switch and buy more games for my ps4. The new God of War looks amazing (although I'm not a fan of the series), and I'm waiting for the Spyro remake which I'm very hyped for.

And yea, I get nostalgia always, I remember the good times when I forget about the world and filled with happiness because of games. I love to complete games but the moments of ending are something I don't like generally because everything ends in this life.

Sometimes I wish if I could play forever in a parallel universe rather than being in this toxic world.

Sorry for the long and maybe emotional post but fuck life. I love gaming.
Yup, i agree with that first paragraph but at least for me more often than not it's different people saying "you only live once be free!" and "ew wtf are you doing playing video games at 2am? get a life, go outside" so i can't be mad at the former for the latter's response.
No need to be sorry about sharing your feelings, it's welcome in (for the most part) every thread, as we have all come here from a similar place and state of mind. <3 I hope you are doing well!

Totally my dude, i'm up for many genres (besides first-person shooters, never been any good haha) - have you played any so-called "artsy" games? More of an experience really than a game? Journey, Fl0w, Flower, Abzu? I'd love to know your thoughts on any of them, i adore them. So many people head into them expecting more than they should, i just like to go along for the ride~
Lots of emotional games i torture myself with too, like Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Ori and the Blind Forest (so hyped for the sequel!!) and To the Moon (;o;)
A couple parts of the same sort of question (you don't need to answer them all, but i'm very intrigued):
  • Favourite Legend of Zelda game(s)?
  • Favourite Pokemon? (asked this earlier in the thread but i love to hear more people's favourites, it says a lot about you! <3 You can read mine above if you wish)
  • Favourite Mario Party game? (My favourite's either #6 or #8, can't choose <3)
  • Finally, favourite Spyro game/homeworld(s)/level(s)/pieces of soundtrack? Thoughts on non-Insomniac Spyro games? (i'm freaking obsessed with Spyro i'll have another post explaining my favourite things to not clog this reply XD apologies if it drags on)
You're in the same park as me! Wanting to get a Switch, and waiting for Spyro will be agony, but so worth it in the end for both ;o; and being in the UK helps because NumSkull Designs are based here and they're making a shit ton of Spyro merch!!! <3 <3 I'm so excited i will cry when i see a gameplay showcase, likely to be at E3.

And yeah, i think that too sometimes - moreso me being teleported into those worlds, if they're pleasant enough, and living there, meeting the main characters, etc. But my daydreaming has kept me distanced enough from reality when it really gets shit to keep me somewhat coping, in an unhealthy way sure, but whatever.