D

daemonblight

Jun 26, 2018
Video games are, for a lot of us, a major coping method and for some their only remaining passion. Post the name(s) of your favorite game(s), describe what you love about them and what they mean to you.

I'll start:

The Pikmin Series
A real-time strategy game series about tiny and adorable creatures called Pikmin. You play as a - similarly sized - alien that crashes on a post-apocalyptic Earth. There are no humans left and the ecosystem has almost completely recovered. In each game installment, you're tasked with collecting specific items (Space Ship parts in P1, "treasure" in P2 and fruit in P3) with the help of our plant/animal hybrids.
SI_WiiU_Pikmin3_image1600w.jpg

Apart from having stellar gameplay, cute creature designs and a beautiful soundtrack, Pikmin was the very first game I played as a kid and I loved every second of it. These little adorable bastards have been in my life forever and they taught me that death is just a part of life and not anything to be afraid of. One of my biggest regrets is that I probably won't be around anymore for Pikmin 4 (and with the current development times, no one will).

• Love
Reactions: mx5nb3, FriendofDeath, Deleted member 17331 and 9 others
Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii).
I sunk so many hours into this game when I was a kid. Even today I find it hard to express the sense of wonder which I felt travelling through all the gorgeous and fantastic galaxies in the game. Soaring in the starry sky above the Comet Observatory after I had gained the ability to fly---what a magnificent experience.

• Love
Reactions: mx5nb3, Deleted member 17331, oivoi and 5 others
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
If I set some stuff up would anyone care to play Smash with me

• Love
Reactions: oivoi and Circles
h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

Jul 26, 2019
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii).
View attachment 9336
I sunk so many hours into this game when I was a kid. Even today I find it hard to express the sense of wonder which I felt travelling through all the gorgeous and fantastic galaxies in the game. Soaring in the starry sky above the Comet Observatory after I had gained the ability to fly---what a magnificent experience.
have you beat/played 2 yet? i used to get upset at nintendo and super nintendo mario. these new games are awesome but damn i couldnt imagine trying to play them as a little kid. they are hard as fuck.
ever feel guilty about how many hours you put into video games? like the way RPGs track them. i am a FF and kingdom hearts fan my self. i also like resident evil and any other horror based games. i dont like games with real situations where you kill real people tho. thats really sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: the box is empty and Circles
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
A Hat in Time. Man, A Hat in Time is like my comfort game now.

a-hat-in-time-hd-wallpapers-32680-2278283.png

It's the best new 3D platformer we've had in like a decade. Reminds me of simpler times and makes me feel like a kid again. All the charm and dark humor just makes me love the game even more.

I just boot up the game sometimes, turn on Online Party Mode, and just play and mess around with others. Or the mods, the developers are avid modding supporters, so the modding community is amazing.

Or there's nothing like just chilling out with some Minecraft. Working on some random project like an XP Farm for hours.

0fe20042_0bb8_4781_82f4_7130f928b021.0.jpg

Spyro the Dragon. Another nice game to just to just chill out with. Huge childhood game for me. Was my favorite when I was a kid. I was ecstatic when I heard about the Reignited Trilogy.

spyro_reignited_trilogy_wallpaper_hd_by_sonicx2011_dcdxmuy-pre.jpg

Journey. Absolutely beautiful game. Had a pretty big impact on me.

thumb-1920-787047.jpg

Kingdom Hearts. Something something darkness darkness heart darkness.

144048.jpg

Max Payne 2. Holy shit, this game had a very big impact on me, and put me into serious Post Series Depression.

download-1.jpg

And soooo much more, I'm not going to list them all. Video Games have been a huge part of my life, and mean so much to me. I love getting sucked into these cool interesting worlds, so much better than real life.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FriendofDeath, Deleted member 17331, oivoi and 3 others
h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

Jul 26, 2019
any one ever play american mcgee's alice? i fuggin loved that game.
Americanmcgee

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, oivoi, selfhater and 3 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I play a bit of Overwatch. It's pretty fun.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44 and lilyeehaw
BeenDoneForSoLong

BeenDoneForSoLong

Can't wait to be another statistic
Feb 6, 2019
DOTA: makes you want to kill others more than yourself...

Dark souls 2: invading scrubs makes them want to kill themselves.

Civ 5: makes you want to kill yourself and your friends, while they want to kill you and themselves.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44, RM5998, restingspot and 1 other person
Hobbes

Hobbes

Jun 12, 2019
I play life simulators for their relaxing aspect (Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley), some JRPGs (Tales series, later Persona games) and quite a few indie titles (random itch.io games). It's something to do. I spend a lot of time in mindless games like Overwatch and MMOs when I'm depressed, because it's very easy to rely on muscle memory and zone out.

any one ever play american mcgee's alice? i fuggin loved that game.
View attachment 14137

Can't say I have. I've only heard of Alice: Madness Returns because of its absurd Steam sale prices (dropping below a dollar, so people would buy it for the sake of just having it.) But it looks like the one I'm thinking of didn't do as well critically as the one you're mentioning. What do you enjoy most about it?

I play a bit of Overwatch. It's pretty fun.

I've spent far too much time in Overwatch (golden player portrait). I only play casually though, because I don't enjoy competition. Do you enjoy any particular characters or roles?

• Hugs
Reactions: BabyYoda, 262653 and lilyeehaw
restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
Spoilered for pictures + length

Legacy of Kain. Well written and engaging story, awesome character designs, and the line delivery is Shakespearean. Really something you have to watch to experience. Combat is abysmal though.

Monster Hunter World. You can just walk around and collect everything and ignore the monsters. Picturesque scenery and you don't really "die," you just faint and get carted back to camp by a bunch of cats. Perfect paradise if you ask me.

THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Elona and its subsequent mod Elona+ Custom. Only in this game can you be a 64 year-old lich cowboy that can also summon meteors from the sky to kill a goddess that thinks she's a cat, then go home to check on his museum that consists of the gravestones of the enemies he has murdered....and to also pay his taxes.

Oblivion. Very few videogames have made me feel at peace by simply roaming around, and this is one of them. Sure you can get absolutely thrashed by an ogre or minotaur in the late game, but the colors, the bloom, the forestry, the varying degrees of architecture that signifies the cultural influence throughout the cities...It FELT lived in, and even though games portray this, to actually feel it is an entirely different experience.

Plus it was fun to try and make attractive characters with the potato face engine. Doubly so for modding it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, the box is empty and 262653
ImSorryEmma

ImSorryEmma

Skylar
Mar 28, 2019
I used to primarily play PC games until recently because now popular FPS games are being ported to Mobile phones so I just play those versions instead, here's some games I recommend if you are into FPS games but don't have a console or good enough PC

PUBG Mobile: even though the devs just try to get as much money out of our wallets as they can, gameplay wise it's true to the original PUBG and is very similar, other than the whacky outfits the game has to offer, very good graphics for a mobile game in 2019 too, I recommend to play on iPad/Tablet if you want to go full try hard mode

COD Mobile: had their own version of PUBG Mobile that was only available in China which shutdown unfortunately but anyways the devs of COD mobile really impressed me with being able to bring the COD experience to Mobile phones, hell it even has blackout which is really fun, graphics slightly are better than PUBG Mobile graphics lol

Raidfield 2: battlefield 5 on mobile basically, has only 3 maps but you are able to drive tanks and fly planes so it makes up for that, haven't played it too much since I just recently found out about it, nevertheless it's very good game overall

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, LonelyHopelessDude and restingspot
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I play life simulators for their relaxing aspect (Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley), some JRPGs (Tales series, later Persona games) and quite a few indie titles (random itch.io games). It's something to do. I spend a lot of time in mindless games like Overwatch and MMOs when I'm depressed, because it's very easy to rely on muscle memory and zone out.

Can't say I have. I've only heard of Alice: Madness Returns because of its absurd Steam sale prices (dropping below a dollar, so people would buy it for the sake of just having it.) But it looks like the one I'm thinking of didn't do as well critically as the one you're mentioning. What do you enjoy most about it?

I've spent far too much time in Overwatch (golden player portrait). I only play casually though, because I don't enjoy competition. Do you enjoy any particular characters or roles?
I enjoy Ashe and Mercy. What about you?

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
Hobbes

Hobbes

Jun 12, 2019
I enjoy Ashe and Mercy. What about you?

Mercy is one of my favourites, along with Sombra and D.Va. Something to fill every role. I've gotten a bit better with Ashe, but I can't hit the grenades consistently enough to make it worthwhile. Gotta practice that.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
DOTA: makes you want to kill others more than yourself...
Too relatable... I've broken a LOT of stuff because I got pissed while playing. Items broken in this fashion include two mice, a keyboard, and a laptop screen. Fun times. Thankfully all I do these days is try and keep up with the competitive scene.

I've found Nier: Automata to be both a compelling piece of media while playing it, and a monumental achievement in writing and mechanical skill on reflection (keeping budget and personnel restrictions in mind). It's inspired me to try my hand at game design and development - or would have, if I could actually finish stuff I started.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, BeenDoneForSoLong and restingspot
Maximoo

Maximoo

Mar 2, 2019
6F4EAF8E FB27 42E6 8879 B65FF1CD5BCD

The Fallout series. It's an RPG set in post nuclear war America. I haven't played Fallout 1 or 2 but I've sunk hundreds of hours into 3, 4, and New Vegas. It's so easy to get lost in the games because there's so much to explore and discover. My personal favorite is New Vegas, but 3 and 4 are incredible too.

2F7436EA 50CB 4DAA BBE7 1943E28A7DA7

Telltale's The Walking Dead. It's an episodic video game series set in the same universe as the TWD comics. I remember watching Pewdiepie play the first season on YouTube when I was a kid. The final season recently came out, and the end almost had me in tears. It's mostly story driven, and definitely worth playing.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, the box is empty, selfhater and 2 others
restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
My personal favorite is New Vegas, but 3 and 4 are incredible too.
New Vegas is amazing. I still play it to this day. Probably don't have the hour count most people do but it's still damn fun to do the missions (and additional quest mods). The DLC is fantastic too, haven't played anything that I felt I got my money's worth like HH/OWB/DM/LR

Reactions: Maximoo
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I love the Soulsborne series. I love them because they have such great replaybility. Playing Nioh atm which is good but not as great imo.

Reactions: irrelevant_string
Menschenfeind

Menschenfeind

Jan 25, 2019
One of my favourite games is Bioshock.

Over the years my steam library counts now hundreds of games but since almost a year I sadly can't keep playing for more than 1-2 hours straight. Can't keep track of the story or even be motivated to keep playing.
I miss the times, where a game sucks you in and you can't wait to play it again.

Reactions: Travis Pickle and the box is empty
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
I used to primarily play PC games until recently because now popular FPS games are being ported to Mobile phones so I just play those versions instead, here's some games I recommend if you are into FPS games but don't have a console or good enough PC

PUBG Mobile: even though the devs just try to get as much money out of our wallets as they can, gameplay wise it's true to the original PUBG and is very similar, other than the whacky outfits the game has to offer, very good graphics for a mobile game in 2019 too, I recommend to play on iPad/Tablet if you want to go full try hard mode

COD Mobile: had their own version of PUBG Mobile that was only available in China which shutdown unfortunately but anyways the devs of COD mobile really impressed me with being able to bring the COD experience to Mobile phones, hell it even has blackout which is really fun, graphics slightly are better than PUBG Mobile graphics lol

Raidfield 2: battlefield 5 on mobile basically, has only 3 maps but you are able to drive tanks and fly planes so it makes up for that, haven't played it too much since I just recently found out about it, nevertheless it's very good game overall
iv been addicted to pubg mobile and cod mobile lol. mobile games have been amazing to me after i sold my console and pc. Other shit like runescape on mobile as well is dope.

Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
have you beat/played 2 yet? i used to get upset at nintendo and super nintendo mario. these new games are awesome but damn i couldnt imagine trying to play them as a little kid. they are hard as fuck.
ever feel guilty about how many hours you put into video games? like the way RPGs track them. i am a FF and kingdom hearts fan my self. i also like resident evil and any other horror based games. i dont like games with real situations where you kill real people tho. thats really sad.
Yes I did play Super Mario Galaxy 2! Although I did not find it as charming and magical as the first game...but it was still an enjoyable experience. I actually haven't played any of the Mario games from the 80s and the 90s—I was born later but I have heard a lot about how difficult they are! Couldn't imagine trying to beat a game on "Nintendo hard" now!

Oh yeah I have definitely felt guilty about how much time I sink into games, especially JRPGs like the Persona series and the Trails of Cold Steel/Trails in the Sky series. I like psychological horror games too!

As a Kingdom Hearts fan, what did you think of KH3? Seems like it got mixed reviews.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
As a Kingdom Hearts fan, what did you think of KH3? Seems like it got mixed reviews.

I know I'm not the one you asked the question to, but I thought it was good. It could've been better, but I hate how the fanbase holds Kingdom Hearts II on a golden pedestal as if it's this perfect little game that has no problems. People love to judge KH3 on what it isn't rather than what it is. And while it could be better, it's damn fine game for what it is.

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Oblivion. Very few videogames have made me feel at peace by simply roaming around, and this is one of them. Sure you can get absolutely thrashed by an ogre or minotaur in the late game, but the colors, the bloom, the forestry, the varying degrees of architecture that signifies the cultural influence throughout the cities...It FELT lived in, and even though games portray this, to actually feel it is an entirely different experience.

Plus it was fun to try and make attractive characters with the potato face engine. Doubly so for modding it.

There is wonderful mod called Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul. It overhauls Oblivion. Most notable features are: new factions and their influence (Valenvood bandits, Morrowind mercenaries etc., basically feuding gangs with the ability to join one), animal taming (based on personality stat, pets have their own leveling chart, basically animal companions), random followers, bulletin board in every major city with lost items and encounter warnings and lost criminals... Now I want to play it again.

I played them both. Madness Returns has better graphonium but pales in comparison with McGee's in terms of sinister music and diverse gameplay. IMO McGee's better. There are 8-9 weapon types and each one has it's own mechanic and usage, not just better version of previous one. And about music, judging by your works, I think you would really enjoy it.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hobbes and restingspot
catwalk

catwalk

Nov 12, 2018
currently playing a lot of counter strike global offensive

Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Crash bandicoot
Love it.

• Love
Reactions: Lefty, TheGoodGuy and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
N

NoWords

Aug 7, 2019
Counter-strike: Global offensive: I can be really aggressive and some of my negative thoughts even disappears after playing a couple of hours of the game.

Hearthstone: Makes me use my mind a lot and let me focus on something else than how horrible a person I am.

I use gaming as an excuse for nothing.... I just have no life and wasn't it for my PC I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be here today.

L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
Crash Bandicoot, Donkey Kong Country, GTA, Sleeping Dogs, Yakuza, Dark Cloud, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Spyro, Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Streets of Rage.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Brick In The Wall
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Think i`m too old for this thread :pfff: Capture

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, terry_a_davis, Roberto and 1 other person
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Think i`m too old for this thread :pfff:
I never played that one.. but i remember when i was really young. Playing Jack Attack on the C64 with my mum..

she would wait until i went to school and would fire up and play it for a few hours, trying to beat my score.. which she did. over and over again.. damn you mum! :-)

Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and marcusuk63
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019

This is my first time playing Radiant Historia and I love the ost.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
-Gacha games
-JRPGs, like Ib, Witch's House, Mad Father
-Visual novel type games, both anime and non-anime

When I was a kid I was most active in Mario games, Spyro, Harvest Moon, Luminous Arc and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember

Stopped playing rhythm games because I sucked

Others included are Minecraft, Undertale, and Roblox (cause my friend dragged me there lmao)

Yes I'm still a weeb apparently

I usually avoid the multiplayer side of games because I dislike being trash talked lol

There's a particular gacha game that I'm very active on and it is the same game that led me to the 2nd person I love. Kinda paranoid that someone will track me if I say the name tho

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Alcor, Deleted member 17331, the box is empty and 3 others