• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

UnwillingSavior

UnwillingSavior

Mr. Self Destruct
Nov 2, 2023
Just that you know. I'm drunk and I tried my first cigarette. It feels really nice I won't lie. But only for a little bit. I enjoy coffee and bitter teas, so the taste wasn't off-putting, and it didn't burn as much as I thought it would. Marlboro red, classic brand my grandma smoked a lot whenever I was around her. It's a weird combination, drunk and nicotine. I like it. But I know it'll kill me if I keep this up. I just thought I should try it, so I can stop fantasizing about it. Maybe it was a big mistake. But I try not to think of it like that. IDK, did it start like this for any of you? As in, was this the start of your downward spiral? Just ranting at this point, sorry. FYI posted in recovery section on purpose, I don't want to stay like this.

Edit: sobered up and I didn't mean to sound so edgy, I suppose I was trying to say like, "did anyone have a spiral start like this?" as a way to get conversation going. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Last edited:
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Not sure if you're worried about becoming addicted to cigarettes or not, but for now I'll assume that's what you mean by downward spiral.

I had an experience with marijuana edibles. People think they're not addictive. When you have mental issues they certainly are. My spiral into addiction came when I decided that I really didn't want to go to work, so decided to use to deal with the day. The next day I considered doing it again, but knew if I did I might get addicted. I said screw it it's a Friday it'll be the last day. I didn't use the following Monday and it was hell. Tuesday I did, then Wednesday, Thursday... soon I was using it every single day for months.

I got out of my addiction by quitting my job since it was causing me so many problems. If you don't want to become addicted to nicotine I would have this be the one time you do it and no more. I thought the one time I used edibles that it was kind of fun and felt good, but then it got worse and worse. You're going to have a harder time getting out of it than I would because you're also going to have physical cravings on top of the mental cravings I had. In the event it does occur, there are a lot of resources to reduce usage or more healthily smoke until you're able to quit.

• Love
Reactions: UnwillingSavior
clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
I started smoking too recently. It does feel nice at first but unfortunately the buzz gets weaker as time goes on. The annoying thing is people don't often die fast of smoking, usually till be like a decade of heavy smoking and then cancer. What's more likely to die is your wallet. Everything is a cruel joke in this world

• Love
Reactions: UnwillingSavior
druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
I started drinking not too long ago. I don't think it's made things any better or worse, but I know it makes me feel good. Anyway, you're probably not addicted unless you're pouring all of your money out on cigarettes / alcohol to the point where you have to start selling stuff to get more. I know someone who was an addict and they actually stole money from me to get more drugs. If you think you might end up that way then I would recommend against smoking again, unless you want to end up that way. Also, if you're smoking and drinking to cope, then it's probably not the start of your Downward Spiral, more like a symptom of your pain.