• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
I'm not decided on jumping or hanging yet, but I'm leaning towards jumping because I'm too terrified of being "saved" during hanging. If hanging was my only option, is a scarf good enough? 100% cotton or polyester? Which is stronger? I tested out one scarf by putting all of my weight on it for 2 minutes and it didn't tear. But I must've taken the tag off a while ago so I couldn't find out if it was cotton or polyester. I had to cut the scarf off because the knot had tightened too much and I didn't want to go through the trouble of undoing it before my parents come home, and I couldn't just leave a noose in the middle of the living room. So, opinions on cotton or polyester? I could buy a rope but I get so nervous walking into the store. I can't bring myself to place the rope on the checkout counter. So I really, really just want to use a scarf if I have to hang myself. Will it be enough to hold my weight? And what material?

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
It depends and what you weight. But usually it will work, although I´d prefer a rope to bring more pressure on the neck and cut off the blood flow to the head. But there are many woman that have died hanging from a scarf.

J

jethacan

Apr 17, 2018
I'm not sure, I have heard of people using scarves, belts, etc. however if in doubt I would go for something stronger. Rope isn't expensive at all and is designed to withstand loads unlike clothing. I would be too scared of brain damage to go along with something that I wasn't sure if it was strong enough.