Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Some people complain that CTB is a selfish act. It is really selfish when it involuntarily involves others to carry it out or witness it. Step in front of a train, truck, car or jump off a roof when others are around. You just brought them into your event. For them it could be one of the worst moments of their lives.

Reactions: Disco Biscuit, Sensei, x~Sophia~x and 2 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Op said they dont have a different option. So because they're desperate and don't have a different choice they will probably do what they want to do. I do think it's not great to involve others in your pain but they're suffering and want to ctb. We gotta respect that

Reactions: Regen, Deleted member 1768 and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I don't really like the train method to be honest but it's your decision so that's totally up to you. I wish you all the best and safe travels :heart: :hug:

Reactions: Regen
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I hope that all of the people here saying that involving others in your plan is bad also agree that ctbing when you have children is bad. :hihi: Gotta stay consistent

Reactions: clocktower, Deleted member 1768 and Deleted member 13412
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I hope that all of the people here saying that involving others in your plan is bad also agree that ctbing when you have children is bad. :hihi: Gotta stay consistent

well you can screw right off!! whether we have children or not is irrelevant, that is a emotional connection that has a whole different meaning, were as a stranger is a different story all together!

• Wow
Reactions: clocktower, x~Sophia~x and KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
double standards here and there, every once in awhile,

debatably suicide itself can be a selfish act so who tf cares meh.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, lobster salad and Merith
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
well you can screw right off!! whether we have children or not is irrelevant, that is a emotional connection that has a whole different meaning, were as a stranger is a different story all together!
Wouldn't it cause even more pain if a loved one ctbs tho?

Reactions: Deleted member 1768
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
On another note, Pro lifers are wanting to bring this forum down, they hate us for what we are, Actually saying that it's OK to CTB and bringing someone else into it, someone who may even be a pro lifer, is bringing this forum into the light that they want, a negative light, as it's seen as encouraging a path they hate us for.

This forum is pro choice, we will encourage, support and advise were we can on any basis, BUT there has to be a line drawn, and this is close to that line.
I dont ever wish the forum to be quoted on a media site, stating XYZ user said it was OK to kill himself via a train and as a result, it ended up with multiple suicides due to PTSD etc...!
Wouldn't it cause even more pain if a loved one ctbs tho?

What's to say who is a loved one or not, my mother wouldn't give two shits if I went tomorrow! Yet I know if my brother who is a public transport driver would have a break down if anyone decided to use his transport to end their life!

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Nyxtus
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
It's like the whole debate with suicide by cop...it's ok to feel desperate...it's ok to be in so much pain that you need a way out asap.... but involving others in your suicide so they can do it for you, I just can't wrap my mind around doing so. I could never live with myself unintentionally murdering someone. Just saying.

Reactions: Nyxtus and x~Sophia~x
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
Fair point about kids. I'm planning to CTB with young kids and they will be fucked up from it. Its different situation but there is always collateral damage in life. It sucks but it's true. Maybe we will suffer more in afterlife but I doubt it.

• Love
Reactions: Cherrypea and clocktower
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Fair point about kids. I'm planning to CTB with young kids and they will be fucked up from it. Its different situation but there is always collateral damage in life. It sucks but it's true. Maybe we will suffer more in afterlife but I doubt it.
our families know us, they know the hell we are going through, they would understand that potentially this isn't impulsive and that our choices were made through a life time of pain and trauma, they would know not to blame themselves, whilst maybe holding regret they could not help us, but would in some ways be able to say, they did everything but the demons won,
Strangers on the other hand know nothing about us, would sit and question everything, want to understand, wouldn't understand, couldn't understand, wouldn't know if it was an impulsive choice that would have been changed,, they would hold guilt and so much more
Families you can leave letters for, strangers you simply cannot as you do not know them, nor do they know you

• Love
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
On another note, Pro lifers are wanting to bring this forum down, they hate us for what we are, Actually saying that it's OK to CTB and bringing someone else into it, someone who may even be a pro lifer, is bringing this forum into the light that they want, a negative light, as it's seen as encouraging a path they hate us for.

This forum is pro choice, we will encourage, support and advise were we can on any basis, BUT there has to be a line drawn, and this is close to that line.
I dont ever wish the forum to be quoted on a media site, stating XYZ user said it was OK to kill himself via a train and as a result, it ended up with multiple suicides due to PTSD etc...!

What's to say who is a loved one or not, my mother wouldn't give two shits if I went tomorrow! Yet I know if my brother who is a public transport driver would have a break down if anyone decided to use his transport to end their life!
Op is desperate, they don't have a different choice.

I'm not saying that all family members are loved ones, but if we're talking about the people who think op's suicide is a bad because it involves other people then it means (for those people) that ctbing when you have children is also bad, because the parents' children should be their loved ones. And if they're not the parents' loved ones then they're one of the reasons so many people are here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensei, clocktower and Deleted member 13412
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
So are your children not your loved

Op is desperate, they don't have a different choice.

I'm not saying that all family members are loved ones, but if we're talking about the people who think op's suicide is a bad because it involves other people then it means (for those people) that ctbing when you have children is also bad, because the parents' children should be their loved ones. And if they're not the parents' loved ones then they're one of the reasons so many people are here.

There is always another choice,
As for my children, I feel so fucking detached from them, that yes, I am selfish, and I don't care, BUT! I would never involve them in a path to my ending, I would write them letters, I would ensure they knew and understood and were able to get some kind of comprehension of what has happened

IF I was a train driver, and I was driving at 70MPH on a rail road, and someone stepped in front of a train, well I am sorry but that's a whole different story, there is simply no comparrison between the two!

• Hmph!
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, _Kaira_, Nymph and 2 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Why are so many people against this? People have been choosing this kind of death for ages.

It doesn't mean it's right or moral!

Reactions: _Kaira_, Nymph and Nyxtus
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
There is always another choice,
As for my children, I feel so fucking detached from them, that yes, I am selfish, and I don't care, BUT! I would never involve them in a path to my ending, I would write them letters, I would ensure they knew and understood and were able to get some kind of comprehension of what has happened

IF I was a train driver, and I was driving at 70MPH on a rail road, and someone stepped in front of a train, well I am sorry but that's a whole different story, there is simply no comparrison between the two!
You can try and make them understand but they can still be fucked from that kind of event in their life, just as fucked as the driver who has someone ctb by jumping in front of their vehicle

Reactions: Sensei and clocktower
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
You can try and make them understand but they can still be fucked from that kind of event in their life, just as fucked as the driver who has someone ctb by jumping in front of their vehicle

Different being, my children will know my past, know the path I walked, the train driver wouldn't, he would forever be questioning whether it was an accident or more, as stated prior in this thread my brother is a public transport driver, my views are based on what he and I have spoken about in the past at great depths as he knows my path, he has once pulled my physically from a bridge...!!
I am off to bed, Ill be back tomorrow if this thread is still here!

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: _Kaira_, Nymph, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
I posted this earlier to make someone laff.

Now I'm posting it un-ironically. Starts at 00:30

Note the victims of the train derailment.

I don't know if you know but the families subway CTBers are heavily fined for all the stress and suffering caused by a suicide. Maybe it's justified but I would not encourage this method simply because I do not wish to be utterly complicit in what could be a violent crime against another.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Kaira_, Nymph and Nyxtus
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
As a fellow train user I respect your method, just wanna throw it out there in case you were feeling discouraged by others. Other people aren't our concern, we just want to die.
As for tips can't think of many other than pick a spot that gives you maximum visibility with max coverage too. You wanna be able to see a train and react without it being able to see you from a distance. Other than that trains are huge and powerful, if one hits you at high speed or runs over you you'll be fine.

• Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: Cherrypea, Rn110bg101, Regen and 2 others
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Yeah, that lack of empathy is probably a little bit of a concern....
Suicide...not genocide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frew and _Kaira_
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Knife, poison, fall down stairs, swim across river or lake, lost in wilderness, wild animal attack.
There are options.
I remember helping hold the face on a guy that went out a window into our back parking lot. He may have thought about death, but he did not expect the fence. Everyone survived the event, but some neighbors had a hard time with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Kaira_
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
what do u mean it's not ok

are you the suicide police or what lmao

(however for op's sake I do recommend a more peaceful method if one is available,
unless if he does not mind then we gonna respect his decision)

I use she/they pronouns. No he/him please.

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Pardon me for saying so, but that emotional bond with children is much, much worse for children to ovrcome. Do you think that a bond between parent and child means nothing? As adults, children need our protection in this world. How many are on here because of parental abuse/neglect? You on the other hand seem to believe that our children are not as important as a stranger. Having children means having trust between the parent amd child. Nothing removes a child's trust in the world quite like suicide of an adult family member. It marks them for life. They are left with tremendous doubts about themselves, the part they may have played in the tragedy, and that sense of guilt produces a terrible twisting of values, duty obligations...Please...children come first...always. My brother shot himself. Our respective children are adults now. I have seen first hand the terrible damage that can be done to a young child. It never goes away.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Sensei, clocktower and 2 others
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, that lack of empathy is probably a little bit of a concern....
Suicide...not genocide.

Genocide!? I'm not killing people at all. And genol not killing people because they're part of demographic X.

As someone who would have been a victim of genocide during WW2 I'm horrified you would suggest that I would commit genocide.

Would I commit murder? 99% of the time no. Though I do try to practice utilitarian ethics. Would I commit genocide? Never in a million years.
Knife, poison, fall down stairs, swim across river or lake, lost in wilderness, wild animal attack.
There are options.
I remember helping hold the face on a guy that went out a window into our back parking lot. He may have thought about death, but he did not expect the fence. Everyone survived the event, but some neighbors had a hard time with it.

Knife? Difficult to get a hold of
Fall down the stairs? Unlikely to kill you
Swim across a river or lake/wilderness? Don't know how to get to one
Wild animal attack? No animals that can kill you in Ireland, we don't even have snakes and biodiversity is declining rapidly. We are in a mass extinction.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rn110bg101
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
our families know us, they know the hell we are going through, they would understand that potentially this isn't impulsive and that our choices were made through a life time of pain and trauma, they would know not to blame themselves, whilst maybe holding regret they could not help us, but would in some ways be able to say, they did everything but the demons won,
Strangers on the other hand know nothing about us, would sit and question everything, want to understand, wouldn't understand, couldn't understand, wouldn't know if it was an impulsive choice that would have been changed,, they would hold guilt and so much more
Families you can leave letters for, strangers you simply cannot as you do not know them, nor do they know you
Families do the same, and no one really knows another.
Consider the consequences of derailment.

Do not derail a passenger train. Do not. You'll put more people in the hospital than you can bear to imagine.

You seem desperate and in urgent need of relief? I don't know.... I'm just guessing?
Derailment? Never heard of that happening through suicide. I am concerned for witnesses, but derailment?

Last edited:
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I personally think CTBing while having kids, and making a stranger do the deed for you, are complete separate issues.

If your kids are young, no, you should probably best wait to CTB.
The fact is we will all die one day, but taking your life when your kids are dependent on you is wrong in my opinion.

Compared to forcing a stranger to kill you. Yeah you may not know them. Yeah, your problems are your own. You may want to die badly, and ultimately it is your choice how you want to go out. But that's why there's so many methods that don't involve other people. Suicide is our choice. Not anyone else's choice to play a part in your death. It's kind of messed up to have such a lack of empathy and foresight to understand why this is an issue.

I can respect one's right to die. But I do not respect the choice to involve others.

• Love
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Sensei and Frew
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
What if you have no other method of CTB?

M

mayHeCurseUsAll

Nov 23, 2019
What absurd reasoning. You've found an article about how one train driver killed themselves after someone decided to kill themselves by the train he was driving. How is this comparable from loads of children who will spend a lifetime questioning why their parent didn't love them enough to live for them, or why their parent brought them into this world if they were going to abandon them one way or another. It's starkly obvious that a stranger is going to be far less emotionally involved with another stranger, whether or not the suicide is messy. Suicide always harms someone or the other, unless you are the last of the people in the whole world who knows you, or are a hermit it always brings collateral damage. The damage it brings to a child is always immense. It's really the opposite that is true, the train driver collateral is incomparable with a parent abandoning their child.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Cherrypea, clocktower and 2 others
Quax

Quax

Student
Nov 16, 2019
No other choices? Man....take a rope or similar.... easy to get... and it works....

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and _Kaira_
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
What if you have no other method of CTB?

I have no other method to CTB. I want to die probably just as much as everyone else on this forum. But I will never use it to justify using others to satisfy myself. Thus, I will just have to wait for another method. I don't want to wait, but it is what it is.

I would love nothing more to CTB right now.

It's starkly obvious that a stranger is going to be far less emotionally involved with another stranger, whether or not the suicide is messy. Suicide always harms someone or the other, unless you are the last of the people in the whole world who knows you, or are a hermit it always brings collateral damage

It's really the opposite that is true, the train driver collateral is incomparable with a parent abandoning their child.

People vary. I think it's heartless to say a stranger wouldn't be traumatized by such an event. Not everyone is so emotionally dead inside that they can't feel for other people. Especially when they LITTERALLY killed someone, and didn't want too....

You're right about kids though. Which is why what I said is relevant. No you, shouldn't kill yourself while your kids are dependent. Just like, you shouldn't force people to participate in your death. A good chance of creating more suicidal/depressed people. The point is to minimalize people you affect. If you have close family (adults), yeah death sucks. You're not only affecting the conductor...but the potential passengers...witnesses...and whoever has to clean up a mangled body off of the tracks.

People will ultimately do what they want. Your life is your own. With that being said, take your own life. Don't make others take it for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silvermorning and Nymph