not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Are you sure, Steve McQueen? :)) I know you know I'm just doing childish improv... I must admit I'm incredibly flattered that a New Yorker finds my posts filthy though :))
Sometimes I think they are a little T.M.I. :wink: but I wouldn't want you any other way. :hug::hug::hug:
I don't get to see all of your posts but you are awesome. :hug:

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and newave3
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
I know you know I'm just doing childish improv... I must admit I'm incredibly flattered that a New Yorker finds my posts filthy though :))
Yea, maybe the Hasidim that I used to work for and the Jehovah Witnesses that are are always knocking at my door have gotten to me.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Is it necessary to announce one's orientation to a bunch of strangers? I don't want an answer I just didn't know how to phrase it. I'm straight btw. Just in case that is expected of me to let everyone know that.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, MiseryWithoutCompany, ShornSoloists and 4 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I know most people would think this is crazy, and that is okay I accept our brains might be wired differently or something. The majority of people are okay with life being this way and that is their right. My unpopular opinion:

I wish those car sound systems with the powerful bass were illegal to play within city limits. I wish it was mandatory to muzzle your untrained dog when you let it outside, with hefty fines if there was evidence your dog barked at people. I wish TVs were made quieter, and if someone had hearing issues they'd have to use wireless headphones. Noise insulation should be a building code the government tightly regulates for buildings. Basically I wish it was a legal priority and a cultural value for no noises to ever penetrate the walls of my home.

A less noisy world sounds like paradise to me. I was once at the grocery store and the music player had stopped working, it was the most peaceful I had ever felt while buying groceries. I sometimes wish I had robotic eardrums and could turn myself deaf with the flip of a switch.

• Love
Reactions: FTL.Wanderer, it's_all_a_game, littlelungs and 10 others
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I know most people would think this is crazy, and that is okay I accept our brains might be wired differently or something. The majority of people are okay with life being this way and that is their right. My unpopular opinion:

I wish those car sound systems with the powerful bass were illegal to play within city limits. I wish it was mandatory to muzzle your untrained dog when you let it outside, with hefty fines if there was evidence your dog barked at people. I wish TVs were made quieter, and if someone had hearing issues they'd have to use wireless headphones. Noise insulation should be a building code the government tightly regulates for buildings. Basically I wish it was a legal priority and a cultural value for no noises to ever penetrate the walls of my home.

A less noisy world sounds like paradise to me. I was once at the grocery store and the music player had stopped working, it was the most peaceful I had ever felt while buying groceries. I sometimes wish I had robotic eardrums and could turn myself deaf with the flip of a switch.
As a person with severe ptsd who gets startled/triggered by loud/sudden noises I can only agree.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: littlelungs, ShornSoloists, newave3 and 4 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020

I totally agree. If you have a way to wear earbuds and listen to soft music in a store that's the best experience, or wear earplugs. I hate stores because of the noise.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, newave3, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I am glad there are people here who relate. Maybe it's a popular opinion for people like us?

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, ShornSoloists, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I am glad there are people here who relate. Maybe it's a popular opinion for people like us?
At least 80% of my stress is from noise. It raises blood pressure and stress hormones. Traffic noise and sirens is some of the worst. We were not meant to live with noise.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: littlelungs, BeautifulMosaics, ShornSoloists and 5 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
At least 80% of my stress is from noise. It raises blood pressure and stress hormones. Traffic noise and sirens is some of the worst. We were not meant to live with noise.
I would say 80% for me also. Sometimes I think I was born on the wrong planet.

I have been playing the same 10 hour white noise track to sleep and tune people out for over 3 years now. It helps retain my sanity but it is still a crappy way to live.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: littlelungs, BeautifulMosaics, ShornSoloists and 3 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I totally agree. If you have a way to wear earbuds and listen to soft music in a store that's the best experience, or wear earplugs. I hate stores because of the noise.
100% !!!
Some stores have really shitty music. I don't know if they refuse to pay for anything good or that they have some kind of "theme" they are going for. :angry:
Sometimes it's so loud, I don't know if headphones would help. I guess it's better than nothing.

Reactions: newave3
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
100% !!!
Some stores have really shitty music. I don't know if they refuse to pay for anything good or that they have some kind of "theme" they are going for. :angry:
Sometimes it's so loud, I don't know if headphones would help. I guess it's better than nothing.
If they MUST play any music, they should play something like this:

• Love
Reactions: Shadowplay and whywere
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
If they MUST play any music, they should play something like this:

I think that would annoy me if I was there too long. Even New Age or Easy Listening WITHOUT VOCALS would be better than some music I've been subjected to.

settheory

settheory

Bundle of perceptions
Jul 29, 2021
Many (most?) opinions in this thread are actually popular. Maybe even this one?

Reactions: MiseryWithoutCompany, ShornSoloists, anaschariac and 4 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Reliving 9/11 every year with nonstop documentaries and platitudes is annoying as fuck. Honestly how is that helpful? Time to move on.

Reactions: motel rooms and Skathon
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Reliving 9/11 every year with nonstop documentaries and platitudes is annoying as fuck. Honestly how is that helpful? Time to move on.
I agree it doesn't have to be every year. Maybe every 5 years? I do think the 20th Anniversary was important though.

Reactions: MiseryWithoutCompany
iamthewalrus

iamthewalrus

certified idiot
Aug 27, 2021
the beatles are overrated

• Wow
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, again_noidea, Midgardsorm and 3 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Vacations and weekends need to be banned

• Wow
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
the beatles are overrated
Agree, the Beatles have been hyped for the last 55 years or so. Of course, they had many great and memorable songs but I always liked The Rolling Stones better.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game
SleepDealer

SleepDealer

Your Imaginary Friend
Aug 13, 2021
I need a cuddle slave. Probably not an "unpopular opinion" so much as it is something that no one else has an opinion on, but there you go.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Manaaja, GenesAndEnvironment and 1 other person
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
911 was a mossad 5th column operation that has resulted in gargantuan amounts of death and human suffering, that outstrip many other historical tragedies.

Reactions: newave3
again_noidea

again_noidea

Experienced
Apr 22, 2021
Schopenhauer wrote that there is a strong correlation between intelligence and the sensibility to noise.

MiseryWithoutCompany

MiseryWithoutCompany

Doggo Good, Doggo Great
Oct 1, 2020
I wish it was mandatory to muzzle your untrained dog when you let it outside, with hefty fines if there was evidence your dog barked at people.
Unfortunately, a dog can bark just fine with a muzzle on. Muzzles prevent biting, rather than stifiling noise.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Skathon
nfives

nfives

Suffer for purity
Aug 15, 2021
Most anime nowadays suck. Sword art online, Highschool dxd, re:zero, dragon maid, Elfenlied ... They all suck.

Reactions: MiseryWithoutCompany and it's_all_a_game
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: again_noidea, motel rooms, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Most anime nowadays suck. Sword art online, Highschool dxd, re:zero, dragon maid, Elfenlied ... They all suck.
I only saw until the mid of first season of sword art online. WTF??? Why i should see more of this season? It just ended!

Reactions: MiseryWithoutCompany
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
I dont like rap or anything hip hop

Rap/Hip-hop is varied so there might be something you dig. I'm super biased (my back is covered in my fave Hip-hop lyrics), but still. What kinda music do you usually listen to?

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Eliminating work would be a good way to get rid of them.
Is this your secret religion you've ben hiding?
11794870f61e39464445a02cbbe625027b006d8546e6815a7a4122d57999a205_1.jpg

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Zzzzz, MiseryWithoutCompany, Shadowplay and 7 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
No social media should exist.

Most movies, TV shows, and music are trash.

Celebrity culture is creepy and obssessive.

I don't think pets like dogs or cats are particularly cute and feel no attachment to them.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, not-2-b-the-answer, Makko and 1 other person