an_alias

an_alias

milosh
Dec 21, 2020
cutting/scratching arms is a lot more satisfying than thighs IMO. it's much more stimulating in my experience. I don't do it regularly because I've already been found out, but I do chokehold myself as a coping mechanism; it doesn't help my short-term memory to say the least but those brief moments where you have your fist pressed to your carotid arteries (left and right of the Adam's apple for reference) are incredibly euphoric

EndofSmallSanctuary

EndofSmallSanctuary

deadboy
Aug 30, 2023
I cut or burn myself with a lighter.

R

realname

May 8, 2023
Self-harm intuitively seems to increase suffering, but contrarily, it aims to reduce it. Imagine feeling like you're going mad and anything would be better to concentrate on than suffering so badly mentally. Then what do you do? Some of us smoke cigarettes, do drugs, cut, burn ourselves or whatever. Doesn't really matter if it hurts or makes you sick as long as it grabs your attention from worse things.
Pain offset relief..
I have hit myself in the head since I was a small child.
Not like I plan for it, but it happens and results in lessening my intense emotion that seems out of control at times..
Have given myself concussions& hand injuries from it . Tried cutting a few times too. .

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
cutting, burning, banging my head against the wall, and punching myself
I tell my family the burn scabs are bug bites that I played with (I play with the burnt tissue and it bleeds and look like bug bites)
I cut my thighs but yesterday I relapsed worse than ever and cut even in obvious places, thankfully its getting cooler outside so its easier to hide but deep cuts are very hard to take care of, hence, they get found easily if I'm not careful.
My family doesn't care if I have bruises so banging my head against the wall of punching myself doesn't need to be hidden.

lillmonix3

lillmonix3

Death as an end in itself
Aug 14, 2023
I have a kit in the closet that has everything to stop bleeding and decontamination. Also various drugs for healing.

I want to collect a collection of good knives, blades, (everything that cuts).

Reactions: OpalCheesecake
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
My existence is a form of self-harm. I never wanted to exist. Therefore, by just existing I'm self-harming

On another note, I would say starving myself to regain some control over my life. I used to do this in middle school when I was getting bullied. Starving myself was the only thing that made me feel like I had some control over something.

I also self sabotage as well. It's like I want myself to fail, and never to succeed. Whenever a good opportunity comes I just have to ruin it…idk why I make things so unnecessarily hard for myself

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: The Burning Fool and lillmonix3
homebound

homebound

fallen angel
Jan 19, 2020
i have been cutting myself on and off for almost 10 yrs. for the most part i cut on my thighs, but sometimes i don't even feel it anymore. i've started burning myself with cigarettes and metal objects i heat up with a lighter. when in the hospital ive been known to bang my head against the wall and punch my legs as hard as i can.

• Hugs
Reactions: The Burning Fool