byebyeblondie

byebyeblondie

Jun 24, 2023
ordered a large volume of helium to a home address (non bussines or ltd company) without receiving a welfare check or raising any red flags?

Second question …

I've found articles showing case studies of people who've successfully ctb stating they had tanks of 10L … this would mean a 1.8m3 tank would do the job … given that it equates to 1800 litres?

PrisonPlanetBreak

PrisonPlanetBreak

Oct 22, 2023
For the first question, as far as I am concerned it shouldn't be raising suspicions. But don't take my word for it, and check for regulations with your country. Nitrogen is used for brewery, argon for welding, and the single use for helium that I know about is inflating party balloons. So you could just wing it and say you have a huge event coming up, and it's cheaper to buy their tank, rather than multiple designated Party-Time tanks.

For the second question, there are two ways the volume of a tank can be expressed. It's either water volume, or gas volume. A volume of 10L, is definitely referring to the water volume. To calculate the gas volume, check this.​

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Amazon does 40L bottles with same day so I doubt anyone would think twice.

I suspect nitrogen and helium are rarely used for CTB. Despite being probably the most peaceful methods, they require planning and setup. Most CTB is hanging or jumping.

byebyeblondie

byebyeblondie

Jun 24, 2023
For the first question, as far as I am concerned it shouldn't be raising suspicions. But don't take my word for it, and check for regulations with your country. Nitrogen is used for brewery, argon for welding, and the single use for helium that I know about is inflating party balloons. So you could just wing it and say you have a huge event coming up, and it's cheaper to buy their tank, rather than multiple designated Party-Time tanks.

For the second question, there are two ways the volume of a tank can be expressed. It's either water volume, or gas volume. A volume of 10L, is definitely referring to the water volume. To calculate the gas volume, check this.​
Thanks for your reply :). Sadly, I can't view the link on my phone as it logs me out 😞
Amazon does 40L bottles with same day so I doubt anyone would think twice.

I suspect nitrogen and helium are rarely used for CTB. Despite being probably the most peaceful methods, they require planning and setup. Most CTB is hanging or jumping.
Thanks for replying :). They do appear to be the most peaceful ways to go. I think I've got my head round the set up. I've read quite a bit about it. Just the size of tank is confusing to me. I think a lot of the tanks on Amazon (at least the ones I've seen available in the UK) aren't a high enough percentage of helium.

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
ordered a large volume of helium to a home address (non bussines or ltd company) without receiving a welfare check or raising any red flags?

Second question …

I've found articles showing case studies of people who've successfully ctb stating they had tanks of 10L … this would mean a 1.8m3 tank would do the job … given that it equates to 1800 litres?
I don't see why a helium cylinder would raise a welfare check. Just make sure it's near 100% purity.

1800 litres of compressed gas would do the job alright.