• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
tv is a great distraction for me/keeps my mind off of all the bullshit life is throwing at me but I'm almost done with the show I've been watching the last 3 weeks

If anyone has any recommendations here's my preferences
1. I don't like any reality tv, it stresses me out, idk why lol
2. I also get triggered by super scary stuff/things that are specifically horror. I can watch some scary stuff as long as it's not too horrory. Like Buffy is one of my fave shows. It's a little scary sometimes but not too scary to trigger me
3. I tend to like things with mostly female characters/female centered, but that's not mandatory
4. I'm not really into anime, but I do like some animated shows. I just prefer to watch actors (I like Harleyquinn and Tuca and Bertie a lot)

what kind of shows help distract y'all?

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Midnight gospel is pretty fun
I love Steven Universe! and it has a lot of seasons, which I find comforting. plus I haven't watched it in a few years so a rewatch would be nice. I haven't heard of Over the Garden Wall before, I'll def check that out, thank you <3
Adventure time has a bunch of seasons too and it's great

guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
sex education? I finished that a few weeks ago and it was pretty good.
aww, cool, glad you enjoyed it :) I've seen that one too, Gillian Anderson cracks me up. I watch entirely too much tv lol I'm mostly housebound so
Midnight gospel is pretty fun

Adventure time has a bunch of seasons too and it's great
I haven't heard of Midnight Gospel I don't think. Thanks I'll check it out!

Adventure time is super fun. It's not very distracting for me, more something I like to have on in the background while I do other things. But I have been trying to think of a good show to have on while I'm learning how to crochet and embroider, and this is perfect for that!

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: looking_for_peace
shinohara

shinohara

Feb 26, 2023
I've recently been rewatching The Venture Bros, an animated show. Mainly comedy, but has some action, and interesting story and characters. One of my reasons for staying alive as long as I have tbh. Unfortunately it was cancelled after the last season, but they are getting a movie to hopefully wrap up the story. I will say the first season or 2 are kinda rough, but that's pretty normal for shows I think, also some of the humor can be.. dated?/offensive? I think the writers got a bit better about it later though?

Archer is another one that kinda has the same feeling as VB to me, though not quite as quality imo. The first 5 or so seasons are the better ones, the more recent ones are pretty meh. I mostly watch them because I'm attached to the characters now.

I don't really watch a lot of live action shows tbh, I guess Arrested Devlopment (another comedy) and Twin Peaks? (I think it might technically be horror?)

• Love
Reactions: guayabas
guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
I've watched 30 Rock over so many times, great show
that show is hilarious! but I tried to rewatch recently and was like yeahhhh hearing Baldwin repeating all the awful messages the rest of the world sends out about the uselessness of women over the age of 30 or whatever is not helping rn. If it wasn't for that I'd be all about it. I know it's pointing out the ridiculousness of those views but it still stings
I've recently been rewatching The Venture Bros, an animated show. Mainly comedy, but has some action, and interesting story and characters. One of my reasons for staying alive as long as I have tbh. Unfortunately it was cancelled after the last season, but they are getting a movie to hopefully wrap up the story. I will say the first season or 2 are kinda rough, but that's pretty normal for shows I think, also some of the humor can be.. dated?/offensive? I think the writers got a bit better about it later though?

Archer is another one that kinda has the same feeling as VB to me, though not quite as quality imo. The first 5 or so seasons are the better ones, the more recent ones are pretty meh. I mostly watch them because I'm attached to the characters now.

I don't really watch a lot of live action shows tbh, I guess Arrested Devlopment (another comedy) and Twin Peaks? (I think it might technically be horror?)
I've heard of Venture Bros. but don't know anything about it, I'll check it out thx :) Arrested Development is funny for sure. I re-watched it recently but might come back to it soon if I run out of content

hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Female centered shows I'd recommend: Yellowjackets & Wentworth (Australian series).

Wentworth has a lot of violence, though.

But goddamn that show is one of the few that had me invested in all the characters and yelling and cackling at my tablet screen.

guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
Female centered shows I'd recommend: Yellowjackets & Wentworth (Australian series).

Wentworth has a lot of violence, though.

But goddamn that show is one of the few that had me invested in all the characters and yelling and cackling at my tablet screen.
Sometimes violence isn't too bad for me, particularly if it isn't gruesome. There's a few Australian shows I really like, the only problem sometimes is finding access to them. I def appreciate a show with characters I can get invested in, especially when they're funny :)

Reactions: hungry_ghost
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Crazy ex girlfriend if you like musical numbers. Though you can skip those if you want.

• Love
T

Twntysix

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
Aug 26, 2021
Derry girls, fleabag. Two of my fav and comfort show

Edit : also show i've watched and like
Russian doll, the marvelous mrs maisel, killing eve

Last edited:
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
bee and puppycat (og youtube series and lazy in space!), also sex and the city, it's really addictive and all about women and their relationships

guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
Derry girls, fleabag. Two of my fav and comfort show

Edit : also show i've watched and like
Russian doll, the marvelous mrs maisel, killing eve
we have similar taste. Fleabag is def one of my fave shows. Love Russian Doll, and Natasha Leone is such a babe. Killing Eve was excellent, I just hated the ending :(

I tried to watch Derry Girls but didn't get past the first ep. Maybe I should give it another try
Tulsa King
Yellowstone
Lost (get ready for that one lol)
The X Files (best show eva)
that's 2 for Yellowstone now, I gotta check that out
bee and puppycat (og youtube series and lazy in space!), also sex and the city, it's really addictive and all about women and their relationships
Love bee and puppycat og youtube series! took too long. now your candy's gone. that's what happens. bgow!

• Love
Reactions: Twntysix
dimstar

dimstar

Poor little woodpecker
Mar 17, 2023
My go to comfort shows are community, MASH, new girl, letter kenny and it's always sunny. Theres alot of animated shows as well as animes that can suck me in too. Recently been blacking out to record of ragnarok.

• Love
stoopid

stoopid

from hell
Feb 27, 2023
I just saw Dark on netflix, was okay now I watch stranger things, im pretty late but didn't watch much tv/netflix last years

A

acaiblueberry

Mar 21, 2023
I really like Reign! I used to watch it all the time on Netflix as a comfort show until I cancelled that subscription.

• Love
mia.wallace

mia.wallace

Fell on black days
Feb 1, 2023
Succession, Parenthood, Gilmore Girls, Better Call Saul, The Wire, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Peaky Blinders, Pokerface, What We Do in the Shadows, Barry, The Office, Arrested Development, House, The Good Wife, My So Called Life, My Brilliant Friend, Severance

guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
My go to comfort shows are community, MASH, new girl, letter kenny and it's always sunny. Theres alot of animated shows as well as animes that can suck me in too. Recently been blacking out to record of ragnarok.
community is probs tied with buffy for my fave shows of all time <3
I just saw Dark on netflix, was okay now I watch stranger things, im pretty late but didn't watch much tv/netflix last years
I love both of those shows!
Succession, Parenthood, Gilmore Girls, Better Call Saul, The Wire, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Peaky Blinders, Pokerface, What We Do in the Shadows, Barry, The Office, Arrested Development, House, The Good Wife, My So Called Life, My Brilliant Friend, Severance
I'm obsessed with Severance lol when is season 2 coming out dammit
what we do in the shadows is hilarious
the office is the show I'm watching now that's about to be over

have you seen The Resort? idk if it's your thing, but after Severance it was the next show I was obsessed with

embraces

embraces

(∪.∪ )...zzz
Mar 22, 2023
tv is a great distraction for me/keeps my mind off of all the bullshit life is throwing at me but I'm almost done with the show I've been watching the last 3 weeks

2. I also get triggered by super scary stuff/things that are specifically horror. I can watch some scary stuff as long as it's not too horrory. Like Buffy is one of my fave shows. It's a little scary sometimes but not too scary to trigger me
3. I tend to like things with mostly female characters/female centered, but that's not mandatory
4. I'm not really into anime, but I do like some animated shows. I just prefer to watch actors (I like Harleyquinn and Tuca and Bertie a lot)

If you're into wholesome cartoons I highly recommend The Owl House!!

• Love
guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Glow, Aggretsuko, Queen's Gambit
I love all of these! I just recently rewatched Kimmy Schmidt. I love like every character on that show "Dang it! My Hulkamania's coming back!" lmao
If you're into wholesome cartoons I highly recommend The Owl House!!
I haven't heard of that one, I'll check it out thanks!

Reactions: embraces
𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
'Am I Being Unreasonable' and 'This Country' were a good laugh, both starring Daisy May Cooper.

• Love
I

inpursuitofpeace

Jan 4, 2023

I liked Orange is the New Black. Shameless was kind of funny.

• Love
Galileo3630

Galileo3630

Tsundere
Mar 22, 2023
Breaking bad, Attack on Titan, One punch man, 9anime.to is a good site for most animes if you want to watch the 2 suggestions, as for breaking bad, I don't really know where you could watch that, I watched it on Netflix.

• Love
I

inpursuitofpeace

Jan 4, 2023

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also liked The Good Place.