• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Let's play a game, shall we.

Imagine someone you love. There must be someone in your life that means a lot to you, someone you hold dear, someone you can't live without.

Now imagine a hundred strangers with every good quality you can think of. Kind, productive, etc.

Their lives are in peril. Button A will save your loved one, but will kill these 100 strangers.

Button B will save these kind strangers, but will kill your loved one.

Keep in mind, these strangers all have their loved ones waiting for them back home.

If you fail to choose or make any attempt to save them all, they will all die.

What will you do?

Video for reference:

I

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
I'm selfish.
Red Button Push GIF by RTL 4

Realistically though, I would freeze up and they would all die.

W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I don't know, I'm indecisive and forgetful by nature so either I don't do anything or accidentally fuck up and press the wrong button.

But a RED SHINY button? I can't resist pressing red buttons no matter the consequences.

I wonder how did the person in the video manage to get all that lava. Extreme don't touch the floor challenge perhaps?

(Sorry I just found it funny how I would manage to find myself in this situation in the first place)

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Productivity is not a virtue, I'd kill 'em all without giving it a second thought. :haha:
While I can understand, I'd imagine the "productive" quality in the video being as something as in being able to actively make the world a better place. Not as in doing charitable donations, but as in being the reason for many people to live. Opposite of what the average person of today would be with their toxicity. Arguably, even though I would care for my loved one, and factor in her input, I'd choose B due to the world needing people like that. Genuine kindness, and understanding is a rarity.
I don't know, I'm indecisive and forgetful by nature so either I don't do anything or accidentally fuck up and press the wrong button.

But a RED SHINY button? I can't resist pressing red buttons no matter the consequences.

I wonder how did the person in the video manage to get all that lava. Extreme don't touch the floor challenge perhaps?

(Sorry I just found it funny how I would manage to find myself in this situation in the first place)
Jigsaw has found whatever flaw you have and is now pressuring you to make sacrifices… lol
Horror Film Halloween GIF by Spiral

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
If I actually had a loved one then I'd save them every time otherwise I couldn't care less although I'd probably still pick the one person if they were someone I recognized and didn't hate over 100 random strangers.

Then again, if those 100 people knew I saved them maybe they'd be more likely to reward me somehow so I guess it can also be more selfish to pick them. I'd probably still pick my hypothetical loved one in this scenario but thankfully they don't exist.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
If I actually had a loved one then I'd save them every time otherwise I couldn't care less although I'd probably still pick the one person if they were someone I recognized and didn't hate over 100 random strangers.

Then again, if those 100 people knew I saved them maybe they'd be more likely to reward me somehow so I guess it can also be more selfish to pick them. I'd probably still pick my hypothetical loved one in this scenario but thankfully they don't exist.
Understandable… It's a tough decision. The real deterrent are the consequences of choosing one or the other…

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Understandable… It's a tough decision. The real deterrent are the consequences of choosing one or the other…
There are already consequences of what I regularly do everyday that negatively affect way more than hundreds of faceless people. This specific set of 100 people isn't special unless otherwise stated whereas the hypothetical one person probably would be special so to me the consequence of losing that one person would still be far worse.

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
There are already consequences of what I regularly do everyday that negatively affect way more than hundreds of faceless people. This specific set of 100 people isn't special unless otherwise stated whereas the hypothetical one person probably would be special so to me the consequence of losing that one person would still be far worse.
In which case, if she gives me the go ahead and tells me to sacrifice her, I'll join her too.

The choice would be less difficult if the hundred were just average at best. Then I'd be more selfish.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Would the one you love forgive you for killing 100 'very kind' strangers if you chose to save them? Would they somehow feel responsible also?

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do. Try and kill the sadistic piece of shit that arranged the whole thing. Refuse or try to kill myself (not sure what with...) but I guess that would mean they would kill everyone. Guess- try and make eye contact with my loved one- see if they are willing to make the sacrifice... Then there will be 101 of us all after the person who did all this. Then kill myself immediately after.

Always wondered WHY someone came up with this scenario to pose to people... 🤔. Maybe for spies and the like- see who they are willing to sacrifice to protect everyone else. It can't be something that comes up in everyday life that much though!

• Love
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Would the one you love forgive you for killing 100 'very kind' strangers if you chose to save them? Would they somehow feel responsible also?

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do. Try and kill the sadistic piece of shit that arranged the whole thing. Refuse or try to kill myself (not sure what with...) but I guess that would mean they would kill everyone. Guess- try and make eye contact with my loved one- see if they are willing to make the sacrifice... Then there will be 101 of us all after the person who did all this. Then kill myself immediately after.

Always wondered WHY someone came up with this scenario to pose to people... 🤔. Maybe for spies and the like- see who they are willing to sacrifice to protect everyone else. It can't be something that comes up in everyday life that much though!
I like your take... and same.

Reactions: Forever Sleep