• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

thisiswhoiam-

-
Mar 21, 2023
Is it a bad method? It doesn't have a dedicated thread in resources unless I'm missing something.
To increase chances, i think u are supposed to put ur head on the tracks only so u dont get amputated needlessly. Doing it at night is better too, but i think i'm gonna get beat up by thugs if i try to do it at night really since i don't live in a nice neighbourhood.
Problems:
1.Bumper-like thing in front of train idk if that is intended to prevent suicides somehow since if its too low u will just get hit by metal instead of a wheel
2.Train speed(slow as shit here mostly, i could travel elsewhere but then i'd need spots where there is access to the train tracks outside of a station)
3.Well, courage to not run away.
I don't intend to do it at the station since it's stupid, that's where trains stop. There is free access in 3 places to the train tracks where they won't slow down normally since it's just in the middle of nowhere. Only way to boost courage i have is a lot of benzos.
It might not be the cleanest method but i think mortality rate would be like 99% if executed properly, few methods can rival that and u can't survive a cut off head. Or maybe the wheels will just crush your neck. Well, I guess it's mostly the same thing. You can also do it the old-fashioned way and stand on the tracks but the damage taken is not calculable then and it's too random.

Last edited:
redbathingduck

redbathingduck

Student
Mar 20, 2023
It's true that it's a lethal method if done right but I think a lot of people on here are looking for more peaceful, less bloody options to end their lives. Some people also don't want to traumatize others like train conductors or unlucky spectators. So probably not really a bad method (though there's ways for it to go really wrong of course, but there's a risk to most methods) but just that most people on here want a more peaceful end and to avoid methods like this. In the end it's your own choice to make of course

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
It's true that it's a lethal method if done right but I think a lot of people on here are looking for more peaceful, less bloody options to end their lives. Some people also don't want to traumatize others like train conductors or unlucky spectators. So probably not really a bad method (though there's ways for it to go really wrong of course, but there's a risk to most methods) but just that most people on here want a more peaceful end and to avoid methods like this. In the end it's your own choice to make of course
I agree with this. Especially since your SI will most likely make you want to roll out of the way which can leave you alive but temporarily damaged and no one wants that.

Reactions: NoLoveNoHope
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
The train method sounds terrifying to me personally and like it would be difficult to go through with because of the survival instinct. It sounds incredibly brutal and I would fear it somehow failing so it's understandable why the train isn't a popular method.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
You don't control that environment. Increases the chance of agonizing failure. And you don't determine the timing; harder to mold your last mental state

Some dislike it because it causes trauma in drivers. Though probably most suicides cause trauma: people stumble on our corpses literally hanging around. And tbh if people take away our freedom to die without traumatizing others... what do we expect?

Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
I read somewhere 'headbutting' a train might be the best way. Stand leaning over with your head pointing forward so you ensure it's what gets hit first. I guess so long as the train is going fast enough death should be basically instant. But it's a very messy method with a lot of fall-out for other people, and that's why it's not as popular. Most people want to end their lives without traumatising others

E

eternalbliss22

Dec 17, 2022
You don't control that environment. Increases the chance of agonizing failure. And you don't determine the timing; harder to mold your last mental state

Some dislike it because it causes trauma in drivers. Though probably most suicides cause trauma: people stumble on our corpses literally hanging around. And tbh if people take away our freedom to die without traumatizing others... what do we expect?
There's a difference in someone finding your body & forcing an unwilling participant to kill you. Grief of a loss is not the same as trauma of taking a life.
The issue with trains is that it involves forcing an unknowing, unwilling participant to kill you. You have to make this decision yourself. Ask yourself if you're a predator? Can you knowingly cause emotional & mental trauma to another human being by forcing them to take a life? Everyone has a right to end their own lives but not the right to force someone to kill.To quote another member here, if you have sex with an unwilling partner is it not rape?
The issue with trains is that it involves forcing an unknowing, unwilling participant to kill you. You have to make this decision yourself. Ask yourself if you're a predator? Can you knowingly cause emotional & mental trauma to another human being by forcing them to take a life? Everyone has a right to end their own lives but not the right to force someone to kill.To quote another member here, if you have sex with an unwilling partner is it not rape?

Last edited:
T

thatlatealready

traffic's wild tonight
Apr 7, 2023
I've tried jumping in front of trains. I was pulled off the tracks on both occasions, so I never really got under a one but I was desperate enough to get pretty close.

For me, it was a last attempt when all other ways had been removed. It would not be my first choice of method - it really does destroy the train driver's life. There's lots of videos and articles online by drivers who've been an unwilling participant in someone's suicide. They talk about how they became unable to work, developed problems with alcohol, have nightmares, couldn't relate to people anymore, etc. My own PTSD is hell. I wouldn't wish this on anyone else.

Last edited:
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
There's a difference in someone finding your body & forcing an unwilling participant to kill you. Grief of a loss is not the same as trauma of taking a life.
Yep, these points were raised in another post in that thread

Since I try to minimize suffering, I wouldn't die that way if I can avoid it. For the reasons you mention

But I will defend a desperate person forced into it. There's a chain of forced moves, started by immoral people who take away others' freedoms to die without hurting others

BTW are you reading this on a device with battery minerals mined by children? Do you get food from wageslaves, made from killed animals? Let's be consistent and measure our Suffering Footprint. Mine's probably pretty bad

Last edited:
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Is it a bad method? It doesn't have a dedicated thread in resources unless I'm missing something.
To increase chances, i think u are supposed to put ur head on the tracks only so u dont get amputated needlessly. Doing it at night is better too, but i think i'm gonna get beat up by thugs if i try to do it at night really since i don't live in a nice neighbourhood.
Problems:
1.Bumper-like thing in front of train idk if that is intended to prevent suicides somehow since if its too low u will just get hit by metal instead of a wheel
2.Train speed(slow as shit here mostly, i could travel elsewhere but then i'd need spots where there is access to the train tracks outside of a station)
I don't intend to do it at the station since it's stupid, that's where trains stop. There is free access in 3 places to the train tracks where they won't slow down normally since it's just in the middle of nowhere. Only way to boost courage i have is a lot of benzos.
It might not be the cleanest method but i think mortality rate would be like 99% if executed properly, few methods can rival that and u can't survive a cut off head. Or maybe the wheels will just crush your neck. Well, I guess it's mostly the same thing. You can also do it the old-fashioned way and stand on the tracks but the damage taken is not calculable then and it's too random.
If that's what ur heart is set on it's what ur heart is set on however I'll offer some reasons I see for its unpopularity.
1. It's gorey, very.
2. The train conductor might become traumatized
3. Similar to falling you're aware when it happens. You will lay there waiting for the train to crush ur head immobilized. Your body might instinctively pull away
4. It's a notable death. People will remember you for dying in such a manner
5. It causes an overall hazard to multiple people's lives since the train stops etc

Actively inactive

Actively inactive

Depressed, stressed, Garfield obsessed
Apr 10, 2023
Problems:
The only thing I don't like about that method is the train driver. They're most likely innocent and I don't think its fair to have them feel guilt for something they really have no involvement or intent in. Its a pain I wouldn't wish on really anyone.

E

eternalbliss22

Dec 17, 2022
Yep, these points were raised in another post in that thread

Since I try to minimize suffering, I wouldn't die that way if I can avoid it. For the reasons you mention

But I will defend a desperate person forced into it. There's a chain of forced moves, started by immoral people who take away others' freedoms to die without hurting others

BTW are you reading this on a device with battery minerals mined by children? Do you get food from wageslaves, made from killed animals? Let's be consistent and measure our Suffering Footprint. Mine's probably pretty bad
Not taking away anyone's rights. You can't control what others do, just give a point to ponder. Mankind throughout history have been full of immoral people doing immoral things. No government & almost no product development or technology innovation is free of some kind of immoral activity. You're not responsible for other's actions, you're only responsible for your actions. There's plenty of ways to die, you're responsible for the way you choose & the morality of the way you choose. If you force it upon someone else without their consent to kill you than you become the one actively immoral & predatory. So I ask, what kind of person you want to be when you die. I battle with SI & currently underway with my 3rd attempt & it's moral.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
If you force it upon someone else without their consent to kill you than you become the one actively immoral & predatory.
Yep. I'll support a desperate ctb'er who's actively immoral enough to throw themself in front of a train. Someone should support them, at least once in their life. And the train driver should get 10 years paid vacation. They're often criminally underpaid and overworked anyway

"Predatory" might not be the right word. How often do predators force prey to kill them? But I get your point

Last edited:
Aisley

Aisley

Wizard
Mar 12, 2023
Yeah, I don't really get it, either. Seems almost fool-proof. And yet jumping from a height seems to get a warmer reception here, even though there are unintemded deaths caused that way, by people landing on innocents walking down a side walk. Not a lot, but it does happen.
The people operating the train don't really see much happen, either. They're too high up by the time contact is made. Pretty messy though, for who ever has to clean that up.

A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
I have considered this method and will possibly use it as a backup method in case the more sophisticated method doesn't work.

E

eternalbliss22

Dec 17, 2022
Yep. I'll support a desperate ctb'er who's actively immoral enough to throw themself in front of a train. Someone should support them, at least once in their life. And the train driver should get 10 years paid vacation. They're often criminally underpaid and overworked anyway

"Predatory" might not be the right word. How often do predators force prey to kill them? But I get your point
Predator is a term used in human society for those who seek to inflict harm on others. Example: child predators who are people who molest, cause physical harm & yes, even kill children. To purposely seek a method that can cause trauma to an unwilling participant is predatory.

jerry545

jerry545

Dec 28, 2022
The only way I use the train method is if I've run out of options. Hanging seems to be more preferable.

scar

scar

ня пока
Apr 5, 2023
i get the not wanting to give people trauma but sometimes i dont feel much for it. im not trying to sound edgy bcuz part of me still wouldnt wanna do that to someone, but when youre so deep into this you kinda just stop caring about everything(at least thats how it feels for me). it gets to the point where nothing matters, the goal is to just die already.
hard to explain without sounding like an angsty teen.

but i wouldnt do this method unless im desperate. doesnt always end well which is why i guess not many people talk about it here

DeadWallflower

DeadWallflower

Mar 20, 2023
I don't think, I could hold still long enough to let the train take me. I also don't want any witnesses when I CTB and sometimes you may or may not see the driver, or, someone else who sees you and tries to stop you. It also would make the news, probably. I don't want the attention. I mean, yeah, I'm dead, so, what should it matter? But, I don't know. I'd rather slash my wrists before a train slices me. *shrugs*