• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sanctioned Suicide

Sanctioned Suicide

-
Mar 17, 2018
This is the summary of the compression chapter in Five Last Acts for the lazy ones in our forum.
This guide is wrote by me this time, I hope it's comprehensible enough. I want to make this as simple as possible.

What is the tourniquet method?
The tourniquet method consists in compressing the carotid artery which is the blood vessel that supplies the head and the neck with oxygenated blood. If this vessel is closed quickly by pressure (3 kg), as in hanging, you will faint in 10 seconds and die in the next 15 minutes. The trick of the method is to simulate the pressure you would get by hanging yourself. And you do that by tightening a ligature above your Adam's apple (ex: scarf, towel, blanket, shoestring, cable) with a rod (stick, broom, pen, spoon, etc.).

The method

1. Find objects which you can use for the method. I will use a scarf and a stick in this guide, as models, but you can use anything you want. Even a shoestring and a spoon.

1.2 Find a place where you can sit and in which you're confident you'll be left alone for at least 1 hour.

2. Now you want to place your scarf high on the neck, above your Adam's apple, and tie a knot that won't slip. The gap between your ligature and your neck must be about three fingers. Insert the stick in the loop, close to your knot.

3. Apply pressure to your neck and begin to turn the stick. You will turn it clockwise. You will stop turning it when the ligature is tight enough to make you feel dizzy.

4. If you feel dizzy you'll now let go of the stick, If you do not feel dizzy it means that you didn't apply enough pressure to compress your carotid artery and you need to start again. This might take practice.

You will now faint in 10 seconds and die in 15 minutes.

Illustrations :

a50fec2f-d813-409e-8bd0-53cd5d613617.png

ab8f080b-4806-4709-a6ea-806e5e78f840.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
The idea being your artery's compress but to maintain the airway. I have messed around with this with weed whacker line, I think it's easier to compress the artery with a thin chord. Had a sensation like free falling and audio seemed as if was coming from outside like your standing on the street.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
This is my preferred method. I've practiced a few times without success. The one time it felt like I was getting close to passing out I panicked and removed the tourniquet. I wish I hadn't removed it. The times I practiced after that I wasn't successful. It could be because I'm using a pair of pajama pants. I think I'm going to buy some pantyhose and try that.

NoPillPhilosophy

NoPillPhilosophy

Aug 10, 2018
From experience. Ratchet tie downs do not work. Applying the necessary pressure you will have to crank that until your neck feels like it will snap.

For me it also took too long and was too uncomfortable and too hard to do it quickly enough for not feeling your head will explode.

It has personally put me off of the ratchet tie down method.

D

Deleted member 847

From experience. Ratchet tie downs do not work. Applying the necessary pressure you will have to crank that until your neck feels like it will snap.

For me it also took too long and was too uncomfortable and too hard to do it quickly enough for not feeling your head will explode.

Have you tried knots?

J

Jon_Doe

Aug 6, 2018

To each his own. Maybe you bought a poor quality brand? You don't want one that is thick. The thinner the better.

NoPillPhilosophy

NoPillPhilosophy

Aug 10, 2018
To each his own. Maybe you bought a poor quality brand? You don't want one that is thick. The thinner the better.

To each his own. It works for some people.

Just not as quick, painless as I wanted it to be. And it has too much survival instinct and time to back out.

I'm looking into suspension hanging which seems to be fast, less painful and less chance to back out.

IDontWantToBreathe

IDontWantToBreathe

Aug 20, 2018

you think this is ok

If you're considering hanging, you need to practice knots. I've spent weeks tying knots just to practice. But this method doesn't seem as effective as partial suspension. Partial suspension hanging is the best way in my opinion and if you want to be sure to die you need to work something else in to it. You can put heavy duty plastic bags over your head and tape them around your neck to secure them and hang yourself using partial suspension from a doorknob and use a slipknot. Either way you need to do some research before you even make an attempt. A failed attempt will leave you brain dead. I suggest going to LostAllHope and reading up a bit on there.