• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
Today I saw a private counsellor for the first time (I've given up on the NHS) and was pleasantly surprised.

The therapist told me that obviously if I'm a clear, avalanche of a risk to myself or others she'd have to intervene but I'm fine to talk about CTB and stuff with her. I brought up that I frequent SS, that it's 'pro choice' but does allow the discussion of methods but doesn't push people either way. I explained that it's a place where I feel understood and sometimes I don't even come here for the CTB chats. She said it's understandable that I come here to find like minded people when I'm struggling to find them offline. If she was concerned about me she did a bloody good job of hiding it because she was so chill about it.

I don't intend to CTB anytime soon but the urge is always there, and being able to talk about it freely is so relieving. Hopefully my next few sessions with her go well and I can look into my issues in further detail.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: daikon, appalachian moon, Brainpain and 21 others
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Do update us on your next few sessions.:hug:

Reactions: Deleted member 1768, Going Home, 21Neberg and 6 others
crimea_river

crimea_river

Experienced
May 27, 2019
That therapist sounds great and I hope they continue to pleasantly surprise you.

People that want out shouldn't have to feel guarded with expressing their thoughts all the time and in fear of what the repurcussions might be.

The subject of death and anything that surrounds it, suicide in particular, generally makes everybody go in to panic (fight or flight) syndrome.

Reactions: Lennox, appalachian moon, keara and 5 others
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
It's such a relief when you can discuss suicide with your therapist. I don't tell mine the name of the site, but I talk about how I cruise here.

Reactions: daikon, appalachian moon, AngelGirl and 3 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Yes, that's wonderful. Because the therapist is your friend and you can tell them anything, they are always completely ethical and only want to help you.
While you're at it, perhaps you'd like to invite some police here too. Because everybody is your friend and can be trusted and only wants to help.:meh:
Lol I know a bunch of social workers who are real gems of integrity, I'm going to invite them here too. I'm sure they will be nothing but kind and supportive.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lennox, Kdawg2018, appalachian moon and 16 others
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Yes, that's wonderful. Because the therapist is your friend and you can tell them anything, they are always completely ethical and only want to help you.
While you're at it, perhaps you'd like to invite some police here too. Because everybody is your friend and can be trusted and only wants to help.

Therapists/psychiatrists are sneaky as fuck. She could have seemed entirely calm on the surface & have a plan of attack beneath her visible demeanor. They want you to reveal these things to them, and usually not for any good reason. She cannot truly like that this place exists.

No "societally ethical" therapist will say that browsing a website with methods is fine.

I would never tell a therapist about this place. Or any medical professional. Or anyone with authority over me as a human.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Kdawg2018, appalachian moon and 15 others
C

Cheezmam

Jun 19, 2019
This site calms my nerves. I hope things don't go like I think they will. But I find this site calming. Knowledge is power.

• Hugs
Reactions: appalachian moon, lllll, 21Neberg and 5 others
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
While you're at it, perhaps you'd like to invite some police here too. Because everybody is your friend and can be trusted and only wants to help.:meh:

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019

I understand your concern, but that cat is well out of the bag . The site is on Google Search ffs so it's hardly a secret. It would be different if it were an obscure site requiring special access but anyone can view it. There are guaranteed to be people doing so who mean harm, so just take care with personal info and use Tor to log in.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, 21Neberg, Ruffian and 4 others
C

Cheezmam

Jun 19, 2019
Therapists/psychiatrists are sneaky as fuck. She could have seemed entirely calm on the surface & have a plan of attack beneath her visible demeanor. They want you to reveal these things to them, and usually not for any good reason. She cannot truly like that this place exists.

No "societally ethical" therapist will say that browsing a website with methods is fine.

I would never tell a therapist about this place. Or any medical professional. Or anyone with authority over me as a human.
I agree about not telling about this place. But, if the therapist was going to do something it would have happened before the patient left the office.
BTW, My wife is a mental health therapist. If she knew I was on this site she would lose it. Probably have me committed.

• Wow
Reactions: Lennox, esclava, seekingoblivion and 1 other person
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I agree about not telling about this place. But, if the therapist was going to do something it would have happened before the patient left the office.
She wouldn't do that because op made sure to cover their own ass by saying "no immediate plans".
But no one who has obtained or made a plan here is safe now.

The plan of attack is all they are ever thinking about, in my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: inconsequential
C

Cheezmam

Jun 19, 2019
She wouldn't do that because op made sure to cover their own ass by saying "no immediate plans".
But no one who has obtained or made a plan here is safe now.
I don't think so unless someone posted too much personal stuff that allows identification. It would take a lot of work with little payoff to try to match real world with this site.

Reactions: Ruffian, not_a_robot and oopswronglife
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I don't think so unless someone posted too much personal stuff that allows identification. It would take a lot of work with little payoff to try to match real world with this site.

Agreed. Just use common sense with regard to identifiable information and don't be a dick. Anyone who is interested in causing trouble is after the site admins to shut the place down. Nobody is going to bother us plebes for moaning about our lives, playing spelling/counting games, and asking if felling a tree onto your head in a forest is a good method, and more importantly if it's just you and the tree does it make any noise? I should ask Pitbull or Ke$ha...they had a song about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lennox, Fr2 and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
hope you are right.

Reactions: puppy9, inconsequential and oopswronglife
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
As soon as I read the word "private" the sirens wailed, the alarm bells rang and the security doors slammed shut. Is anyone likely to slay the golden goose? I think not.

I sincerely hope the therapy sessions go well and help you in some way. I am old and cynical and do not like anyone profiting from anothers misery.

Reactions: appalachian moon, puppy9, Circles and 2 others
C

Cheezmam

Jun 19, 2019
Wife and I got in another fight.

I told her I would do anything to protect my sons future.

"So, are you going to kill yourself?"

"Of course not"

That is how you handle that question with a civilian. Any other answer gets me a 72 hour vacation.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Lennox, appalachian moon, 262653 and 6 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Hey I'm glad you are able to find a therapist you can confide in! Well done @BaconCheeseburger and I hope things continue to go well with you and her! Anyhow, personally, I would not risk it myself (only speaking for myself and maybe others here) is simply because that is such a big risk to take and I cannot afford the consequences of being detained against my will and/or forced intervention against my will. In the US, not only is it too easy to be ensnared into the mental health system, but also I would take a huge financial debt from it (hospital bills and such), especially for things I never consented nor asked for.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, appalachian moon, 21Neberg and 4 others
been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
Anyone who is interested in causing trouble is after the site admins to shut the place down.

Not necessarily. There are a fwe here who are drivign people to ctb. NOt mcuh you can do about it, they're just scum.

Reactions: Going Home and Circles
S

SerenitySeeker

Jun 28, 2019
Actually, more times than not; most people will get a mental health professional who is still ethically compliant and competent who will allow a client to explore CTB'ing and suicidal ideation in session. Research shows that approaching it from an angle of open dialogue and exploring the reasoning behind wanting to; much like people do on this site will reduce the urge. I'd imagine she will most likely do risk assessment a little more frequently but other than that, unless she feels you are of imminent danger to yourself or others then she won't take action. I'm glad you have another safe place to go. Now i'm not saying there aren't some who at the first mention of CTB'ing will jump the gun, cause there are some out there. This is definitely one of those situations where you have to have some nuance to what and how you say things.

Reactions: appalachian moon, Ruffian, irrelevant_string and 5 others
been_there

been_there

Jun 5, 2019
ethically compliant

legally complinat. They gonna fix the world?

S

SerenitySeeker

Jun 28, 2019
ethically compliant

legally complinat. They gonna fix the world?

i'm guessing you are referring to my post?
Nope, i don't believe they will or can. That's not the point of going to therapy, to be fixed. Nobody else can fix anybody else. All anyone can do is hold space for you and to supply tools and skills that you can use to help yourself. Everybody unfortunately won't experience full recovery or recovery for a consistent amount of time. Such is life.

Reactions: Lennox, Ruffian, irrelevant_string and 2 others
been_there

been_there

Jun 5, 2019
such is life. Go do such is life somewhere nore serene yes?

S

SerenitySeeker

Jun 28, 2019
such is life. Go do such is life somewhere nore serene yes?

And this is where I stop responding. No point in going back and forth. I'm here on this site for the same common reason a lot of us are. Have a nice night, wish you well.

Reactions: Ruffian and 21Neberg
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
You guys know that therapists and psychiatrists aren't some other species and they're all still humans, right? And that there's plenty of suicide in the medical and mental health field?

Reactions: Ruffian, irrelevant_string, Pallf and 5 others
been_there

been_there

Jun 5, 2019
Im one o fth e few here who think that therapists mean well. But they;'re hobbled by law.

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger and cornflowerblue
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
Im one o fth e few here who think that therapists mean well. But they;'re hobbled by law.
Exactly. The laws permitting assisted suicide wouldn't exist without therapists and psychiatrists lobbying for them, and there are mental health providers lobbying to extend who qualifies for those programs too.

Reactions: Ruffian and 21Neberg
been_there

been_there

Jun 5, 2019
Trouble is with laws is they're built to exclude th e outsiders, perpetuate production and maintaoin status quo.

Once you stop believeing that laws include us wackjobs, then you get more realistic

Shit, I can even speak the truth when I cnat type properly. BELIEVE!!!!!

Last edited:
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Mental healthcare apologists on a fucking suicide board... irony has an absurd sense of humor. :haha:
"Actually the therapist really *is* your buddy!"

• Love
Reactions: SinisterKid
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
Wife and I got in another fight.

I told her I would do anything to protect my sons future.

"So, are you going to kill yourself?"

"Of course not"

That is how you handle that question with a civilian. Any other answer gets me a 72 hour vacation.
That must be awful to have your spouse have both the familial ties and the professional authority to put you on a hold like that. I kept thinking about that. I don't know where you're from, but in my state when that happens you have to go an actual court hearing, in shackles, to ask the judge to change it to a voluntary stay. The voluntary stay always turns out to be when your insurance runs out, or when the state's medical assistance allotment runs out. That only happened to me once when my ex did it. Bastard. But 4 years later I did it to him. Yep. Hammarabi's code, bitch.

Reactions: Lennox and 21Neberg