• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
SS should be like Fight Club.

The first rule of SS is: You do not talk about SS. The second rule of SS is: You do not talk about SS.

Reactions: Lennox, appalachian moon, marcusuk63 and 5 others
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
Rest assured I didn't mention this place by name. Like others have said you just have to be cautious about identifying details you post online, and this place is super accessible by Google anyway so I'm sure healthcare professionals are well aware of it.

I know there's reasons to be skeptical that she's gonna run to the police on me if I divulge further but I'm not at risk and that's very clear from the second someone meets me.

In essence, she's a tiny fish in a sea of professionals and yes she has the authority to breach confidentiality but she's made it clear that sessions are a safe space to discuss things like suicidal feelings because if you can't discuss something like that in therapy then where the fuck can you ever talk about it?

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, appalachian moon, Kjo and 5 others
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Yes, that's wonderful. Because the therapist is your friend and you can tell them anything, they are always completely ethical and only want to help you.
While you're at it, perhaps you'd like to invite some police here too. Because everybody is your friend and can be trusted and only wants to help.:meh:
Lol I know a bunch of social workers who are real gems of integrity, I'm going to invite them here too. I'm sure they will be nothing but kind and supportive.

Way to project your own experiences into a general context, bud. The guy finally found someone he can speak openly with, would it kill you to show a bit of happiness on his behalf? Or is arrogant sarcasm your only way of communicating?

Reactions: Ruffian, cornflowerblue and BaconCheeseburger
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Way to project your own experiences into a general context, bud. The guy finally found someone he can speak openly with, would it kill you to show a bit of happiness on his behalf? Or is arrogant sarcasm your only way of communicating?
I love being called "Bud". Makes me feel so masculine. :happy:
You know where the ignore button is, Bud.

• Love
Reactions: 262653, Deleted member 1768, Jean Améry and 1 other person
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Yes, that's wonderful. Because the therapist is your friend and you can tell them anything, they are always completely ethical and only want to help you.
While you're at it, perhaps you'd like to invite some police here too. Because everybody is your friend and can be trusted and only wants to help.:meh:
Lol I know a bunch of social workers who are real gems of integrity, I'm going to invite them here too. I'm sure they will be nothing but kind and supportive.
A lot of people don't realize that a lot of sociopaths and psychopaths find being a therapist or psychiatrist, appealing because it gives them power over people. The power to have people, committed to a psych ward. The power to misdiagnose them with all kinds of mental illnesses. The power to gaslight people etc... The power to make people's lives, a living hell. All the people with positive experiences, have just been lucky so far. You can say the same about police officers, social workers etc, like you pointed out.

If you use google or another search engine, you can find tons of horror stories when it comes to therapists, psychiatrists etc...

Reactions: appalachian moon, GinaIsReady, puppy9 and 1 other person
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
If you use google or another search engine, you can find tons of horror stories when it comes to therapists, psychiatrists etc...

Right, and if I search for muslims I'll find out that they're all terrorists. I've had a horrible therapist too, but sometimes you people need to get your heads out of the oven.

Reactions: Ruffian, Pallf, RM5998 and 1 other person
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Right, and if I search for muslims I'll find out that they're all terrorists. I've had a horrible therapist too, but sometimes you people need to get your heads out of the oven.
There's no mainstream sources releasing propaganda to make all therapists and psychiatrists look like bad people though. There are also no Christian sources and white nationalist sources trying to demonize therapists and psychiatrists as well.. When it comes to Muslims, you have these sources, I just mentioned trying to demonize them. I'm glad you finally found yourself a good therapist but people have a good reason to be cautious when it comes to people who have power over them.

Reactions: 262653, Deleted member 1768, GinaIsReady and 1 other person
C

Cheezmam

Jun 19, 2019
That must be awful to have your spouse have both the familial ties and the professional authority to put you on a hold like that. I kept thinking about that. I don't know where you're from, but in my state when that happens you have to go an actual court hearing, in shackles, to ask the judge to change it to a voluntary stay. The voluntary stay always turns out to be when your insurance runs out, or when the state's medical assistance allotment runs out. That only happened to me once when my ex did it. Bastard. But 4 years later I did it to him. Yep. Hammarabi's code, bitch.

I feel awful for her. I feel I will need to do this to protect the family's future.

But, she cant know beforehand.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Ruffian and not_a_robot
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I told my therapist about this site a year ago. If they were going to commit, they would have done it by now. Some of y'all need to get your heads out of your asses and stop being conspiratorial about everything.

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
This site was easy to search through google is not the deep web.

Reactions: not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I told my therapist about this site a year ago. If they were going to commit, they would have done it by now. Some of y'all need to get your heads out of your asses and stop being conspiratorial about everything.
Clearly y'all therapist doesn't believe you're really suicidal. Or doesn't care. Congratulations.

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019

So we should all cheer each-other on and god forbid not mention any negative opinions we might have? Her experiences in this seem to be rather widespread, at least on this site. Are you going to berate all those people too? "Lets all be more cheerful, buds!" This on a suicide forum, go figure...

"The guy finally found someone he can speak openly with..."

Surely you can't be that naive? Lets see what happens when the OP mentions concrete plans to this 'open minded' individual before making grand assumptions, shall we? Aslong as these people are obligated by law to report overt suicidal plans/'warning signs' 'open dialogue' is a pipedream. The mental health industry is antithetical to the notion of personal autonomy.

"Or is arrogant sarcasm your only way of communicating?"

Sounds pretty arrogant to me. The pot calling the cettle black?

If you want a pro-psychiatry/therapy vibe perhaps you should look elsewhere. If that actually helped most people would probably not be on here.

Reactions: Lennox, marcusuk63 and 262653
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
So we should all cheer each-other on and god forbid not mention any negative opinions we might have?

No we shouldn't, that's not what I said; that's how the echo chamber in your mind interprets it.

I have no problem letting people voice skeptisicm, as long as it is done in a respectful way. I agree that the mental health sector is very flawed. My psychiatrist is one of the reasons I am here now. The way I see it though, her argument lost most of its value when she filled it with her ridiculing, self-righteousnes blabbery. I don't have any patience left for arrogant mockery. It is uncalled for; especially when the OP's tone is earnest and vulnerable.

There's also a culture in here of thinking your own experiences make up all of reality. A lot of people have found good in therapy; 80% of a 2004 survey. They just don't spend their time on here. How can you be so naive to think all therapists have an evil, ulterior motive?

This on a suicide forum, go figure...

I'd like to keep it a pro-choice forum and not have it turn into a suicide cult. There's a lot of pessimism on this forum thanks to people like you. I'd like to give people a chance to find an outing when they have a legitimate desire to do so; this thread is literally labeled 'recovery'.

The fact that you people keep cheering on toxic pessimism is mind-boggling to me. It is no different than the toxic positivity one finds in normie culture.

Surely you can't be that naive? Lets see what happens when the OP mentions concrete plans to this 'open minded' individual before making grand assumptions, shall we?

You call it naive. I call it having a sober outlook on life. If you keep thinking everyone is out to get you, in the end, they're gonna be.

And nobody talked about disclosing suicide plans. The therapist herself even tranparently stated that she would have to intervene if OP was life-threatened. OP knows the risks, and it sounds like they have a healthy dialogue.

You have a tendency to blow what I say out of proportion. I don't appreciate that.

It would be equivalent to me asking to see what happens when your suicidal pessimism eventually gets someone killed.

Sounds pretty arrogant to me. The pot calling the cettle black?

It was a legitimate question. And even if I fought fire with fire, it lets the person realize how demeaming this tone is. I don't go around ventlating this tone on a daily basis.

Also, I don't have the energy to start a long-drawn discussion on this with you people. I've voiced my opinion and I hope you will genuinely listen to some of what I wrote.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Shamana, puppy9 and DepressionsAHo
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
No we shouldn't, that's not what I said; that's how the echo chamber in your mind interprets it.

I have no problem letting people voice skeptisicm, as long as it is done in a respectful way. I agree that the mental health sector is very flawed. My psychiatrist is one of the reasons I am here now. The way I see it though, her argument lost most of its value when she filled it with her ridiculing, self-righteousnes blabbery. I don't have any patience left for arrogant mockery. It is uncalled for; especially when the OP's tone is earnest and vulnerable.

There's also a culture in here of thinking your own experiences make up all of reality. A lot of people have found good in therapy; 80% of a 2004 survey. They just don't spend their time on here. How can you be so naive to think all therapists have an evil, ulterior motive?

I'd like to keep it a pro-choice forum and not have it turn into a suicide cult. There's a lot of pessimism on this forum thanks to people like you. I'd like to give people a chance to find an outing when they have a legitimate desire to do so; this thread is literally labeled 'recovery'.

The fact that you people keep cheering on toxic pessimism is mind-boggling to me. It is no different than the toxic positivity one finds in normie culture.

You call it naive. I call it having a sober outlook on life. If you keep thinking everyone is out to get you, in the end, they're gonna be.

And nobody talked about disclosing suicide plans. The therapist herself even tranparently stated that she would have to intervene if OP was life-threatened. OP knows the risks, and it sounds like they have a healthy dialogue.

You have a tendency to blow what I say out of proportion. I don't appreciate that.

It would be equivalent to me asking to see what happens when your suicidal pessimism eventually gets someone killed.

It was a legitimate question. And even if I fought fire with fire, it lets the person realize how demeaming this tone is. I don't go around ventlating this tone on a daily basis.

Also, I don't have the energy to start a long-drawn discussion on this with you people. I've voiced my opinion and I hope you will genuinely listen to some of what I wrote.

What you consider to be arrogant mockery could simply be someone else who doesn't adhere to the same culture you do or is simply not capable of communicating in a way you consider to be proper. Every culture has it's own idea on how people should communicate with each other. And I think we should all be free to be ourselves because if someone is really messing with your head here, you can ignore him or her on this website by going to their profile and clicking the ignore button. Then you wont ever have to see anything from him or her, ever again. If we were all trapped in one room for days or weeks, then of course, we'd have to come to some kind of agreement and all put on the proper masks.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusuk63, 262653 and GinaIsReady
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Today I saw a private counsellor for the first time (I've given up on the NHS) and was pleasantly surprised.

The therapist told me that obviously if I'm a clear, avalanche of a risk to myself or others she'd have to intervene but I'm fine to talk about CTB and stuff with her. I brought up that I frequent SS, that it's 'pro choice' but does allow the discussion of methods but doesn't push people either way. I explained that it's a place where I feel understood and sometimes I don't even come here for the CTB chats. She said it's understandable that I come here to find like minded people when I'm struggling to find them offline. If she was concerned about me she did a bloody good job of hiding it because she was so chill about it.

I don't intend to CTB anytime soon but the urge is always there, and being able to talk about it freely is so relieving. Hopefully my next few sessions with her go well and I can look into my issues in further detail.
Nice work brother I'm so glad you had a positive experience.
Good luck with how that pans out
DBD

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
What you consider to be arrogant mockery could simply be someone else who doesn't adhere to the same culture you do. Every culture has it's own idea on how people should communicate with each other. And I think we should all be free to be ourselves because if someone is really messing with your head, you can ignore him or her on this website by going to their profile and clicking the ignore button. Then you wont ever have to see anything from him or her, ever again.

I have also respectfully done so, but I see the need to call out toxic rhetoric when I notice it. If she is free to ventilate her snide remarks, I am able to ventilate my criticism of it. And I am of the belief that respect and decency should transcend cultures.

I've got no issues with proper wittiness and humor. This is neither of the two.

I've said what I needed to say regarding this matter.

Last edited:
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I have also respectfully done so, but I see the need to call out toxic behavior when I notice it. If she is free to ventilate her snide remarks, I am able to ventilate my criticism of it. And I am of the belief that respect and decency should transcend cultures.

I've said what I've needed to say about this matter.

Everyone is toxic, dude. The only way for there to be a world without toxic people, is if we are all exactly the same in every way. That's why, even to this day, humans in many parts of the world, are tribal. EDIT: OR in other words, cliquish. Because the alternative is all these people who are way too different from each other, constantly getting on each other's nerves unintentionally or intentionally...

Last edited:
Reactions: 262653
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
I know it's not a good idea to name this place, but you would think any suicide therapist worth their salt would know about it. It's pretty much the only pro choice forum on the net.

Reactions: appalachian moon, Ruffian and BaconCheeseburger
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
Clearly y'all therapist doesn't believe you're really suicidal.
If a patients says they've been on a suicide forum FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR they don't look very suicidal.

Reactions: Severen
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
If a patients says they've been on a suicide forum FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR they don't look very suicidal.
True. LOL But I have the luxury of time on my side so I can wait to save up $$$ to CTB the way I want to. That is what it is like being poor and not wanting to just go buy a rope or jump off a bridge. But if the SHTF in my life, then I'd probably just CTB as soon as possible even if the method is extremely painful and I might end up as a vegetable. Besides, if you CTB in certain ways that do not cost a lot of money...a lot of people in your social circle will have their lives, destroyed. Because after someone CTBs, there is always a witch hunt. Many people have this innate need to go on a witch hunt every time, they see an opportunity to do so... But still. It's not a good idea to tell everyone in your social circle about being a member of Sanctioned Suicide for various reasons. If it wont affect you in a negative way, at least think about other people.

Last edited:
Reactions: 262653 and GinaIsReady
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I have to admit. I would never trust any medical professional. Not for anything...ever.

• Love
Reactions: puppy9 and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I have to admit. I would never trust any medical professional. Not for anything...ever.
Omg. I have crossed into the territory of experiencing such appalling behavior on the part of mental health workers that I can't even speak of it because I would not be believed, it's so bizarre. My mind is completely blown, and I was already a cynic before any of this happened.

Reactions: puppy9
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
owner of this thread , are you there?
Hello... I hope you're okay. much hugs from me :hug:

Reactions: Ruffian
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I know it's not a good idea to name this place, but you would think any suicide therapist worth their salt would know about it. It's pretty much the only pro choice forum on the net.
Lol none of my therapists even know wtf Reddit is and if I mention any current events they go "I never heard of that/I don't watch the news". They are the most remarkably ignorant people. I'm amazed they can even dress themselves...and they're amazed that I can't dress myself...

Reactions: marcusuk63, Dreamcolleger and Deleted member 1768
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
There's no mainstream sources releasing propaganda to make all therapists and psychiatrists look like bad people though. There are also no Christian sources and white nationalist sources trying to demonize therapists and psychiatrists as well.. When it comes to Muslims, you have these sources, I just mentioned trying to demonize them. I'm glad you finally found yourself a good therapist but people have a good reason to be cautious when it comes to people who have power over them.
That is an understatement Severn. Boy have you ever got that right.
Omg. I have crossed into the territory of experiencing such appalling behavior on the part of mental health workers that I can't even speak of it because I would not be believed, it's so bizarre. My mind is completely blown, and I was already a cynic before any of this happened.
I would believe Not...oh yea...I am a believer. Hugs.

AngelGirl

AngelGirl

Cat
May 18, 2019
She wouldn't do that because op made sure to cover their own ass by saying "no immediate plans".
But no one who has obtained or made a plan here is safe now.

The plan of attack is all they are ever thinking about, in my experience.

You open up to your psychiatrist, therapist, counselor about your suicidal ideation, even if they act like they understand you they can use it against you in the future and they will.

Reactions: Lennox, appalachian moon, Going Home and 1 other person
B

Brainpain

chronic pain
Jun 14, 2019
Your therapist is a god damn unicorn!! I hope that this can be a relationship that lasts and maybe helps you get better in the long run. Please report back. Wishing only the best for you!!

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I have NEVER been committed by any mental health professional and I have been involved in it way before some of you were even born. I was committed twice by my goddamn partner, and only one was successful because my wrists were still bleeding. I've had my stomach pumped, woke up in the hospital 2 other times after ODs and was sent on my merry way. I don't know where you all are from, but if you need a therapist you can trust, move near an overpopulated area where the homeless fake it to get into the psych ward for a warm bed, and you get sent home because you don't have a specific plan, your insurance won't cover a stay as long as the person being evaluated in the next room, or God forbid, you have no insurance. My first therapist as an adult sucked ass, and I lied to her about EVERYTHING. I should have just built a bonfire with all the money.

Right now I have a therapist who has seen me through times when I can't pay anything. I'm talking for months at a time and given me plenty of time to pay back my paltry sliding scale fee. Which is less than even an insurance copay. And I've been in analysis long enough that I even have to check him hockey style on his own bullshit at times.

Yeah, I see both of sides of this argument, but in my experience the time to lie is usually with the psychiatrist. They are pretty easy to manipulate for the prescriptions you need if you find the right one. The pharmacy is another story - those fuckers are becoming Nazis about shit as simple as muscle relaxers. But attacking mental health professionals is shooting fish in a barrel. Most of them do suck. If you find one you can discuss suicidal ideation with - don't discuss a plan, cloak this site as a "online support group for suicidal people," and get on with your issues that brought you here.

"No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." Hunter S. Thompson

Reactions: AngelGirl