Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
I've got a great idea. Let's start having a hospitalization prevention day! We'll do nothing to help prevent people from breaking their legs or having heart attacks or anything; we'll just prevent them from going to hospital when they do break their leg and need to go to hospital!

• Yay!
Reactions: Letmedienow and Hollowillow
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
What do you think about this day?
Mega cringe. Make society bearable instead of 1 day shaming people for wanting out.
It's empty. No-one can do anything for people who have reasons to die, unless antidepressants happen to work for you
Antidepressants are a chemical straight jacket that causes psychosis... They maintain the person in denial instead to help them heal & fix shit in their lives. Criminal.
I'm from poland. In 2021, 1,496 children and adolescents under the age of 18 attempted suicide, and 127 of those attempts ended in death.

Compared to 2020, this is an increase by 77% of suicidal behaviors and 19% of suicidal deaths, respectively.

at the same time, there is no money for psychiatric hospitals. in those that are, the children lie on mattresses in the corridors. You have to wait six months to see a psychiatrist. what are we talking about there is no suicide prevention in Poland.
Abuse at home, schools too demanding & drugging kids instead if proper nutrition. Really easy to diagnose. Cure? Fix society, require a class & permit to breed.
I've got a great idea. Let's start having a hospitalization prevention day! We'll do nothing to help prevent people from breaking their legs or having heart attacks or anything; we'll just prevent them from going to hospital when they do break their leg and need to go to hospital!
They did! To save space for covid caes thatnever came. People died from cancelled surgeries...

Last edited:
per_aspera_ad_astra

per_aspera_ad_astra

Oct 29, 2019
i'd like to see those fuckers try to prevent my suicide

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Just another annoying day of virtue signaling by pro-lifers spewing empty platitudes so they can pat themselves on the back for being (un)helpful towards people who hate life.

Suicide prevention only prolongs suffering so of course I dislike a day which is dedicated to trying to force people to endure existences that they don't see as being worth living.
I agree and ever since I found out about it, I am quite disgusted about the fact that most countries, governments, society celebrate this shitty day.

Reactions: conarc and chronicphysicalpain
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Always wondered about the purpose of those special "days". I mean I get they are to raise awareness about something, suicide, pollution, starving kittens. BUt since there are so many I ask myself if people do really know about them and if they care.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and chronicphysicalpain
E

Escapee

Student
Jan 14, 2023
Or prevent unwanted births such as me.

My mother desperately wanted to lose me through a miscarriage doing what women do to induce one.
Such hypocrites, christian/ religious communities, they pretend they are for one another while condemning and putting one another at the lowest pit.

Living in the same society you mentioned I know what you mean. Suicide is a taboo subject. It is you who get the blame at the end even for think I g about it family never care to understand why you made that decision. My family even accused me of trying to hurt them by thinking about suicide. It is their safety that come first not my endless day and nigh suffering.

Aliceinborderline

Aliceinborderline

May 13, 2023
its just a day to make people feel better about themselves and like they are doing something while ignoring the problem and the causes that lead to the problem itself. Its like pat each other on the back we solved all the worlds problems, how dont think about it. That and it lets people talk about their recovery and shame people who are struggling.

Reactions: Letmedienow
goh.nix

goh.nix

Hopeful
Apr 15, 2023
I think it's an under-utilized opportunity. I understand why people see suicide-prevention as nothing but prolonging suffering, but... I think that for many suicidal people, a happier life is possible even though the idea seems inconceivable to them. I think this day is well-intentioned, but not many people put actual effort into it. If people genuinely put the effort into preventing suicide, raising awareness, and providing help/resources to the people around them, I think it could lead to the deathless end of that high-level suffering many suicidal people want to find relief from. There's no such thing as a life without suffering, but I personally believe life is worth living and I hope eveeryone can find a happy counter-balance to that suffering and enjoy life. I hope Suicide Prevention Day can become a catalyst for this change, rather than a hollow message.

Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
If I wasn't suicidal I would probably see some meaning behind it but as a suicidal person it's just another pointless day. I don't even know what day it is. Monday, Tuesday? I really don't know and idgaf
LOL literally this, idek what day it is
its just a day to make people feel better about themselves and like they are doing something while ignoring the problem and the causes that lead to the problem itself. Its like pat each other on the back we solved all the worlds problems, how dont think about it. That and it lets people talk about their recovery and shame people who are struggling.
average ""'appreciation / awareness day"" bullshit

Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
Granting suicide is a violation of human rights

B

Buddha.chris

Mar 25, 2023
You would think with so many of us struggling they would focus their resources on making a difference and changing things so the suicide rate declines but they don't care it's all about profit but I could care less honestly they don't care for me so why should I care

Reactions: Letmedienow
Nights

Nights

Student
Apr 27, 2023
A day in which some serious bold men tries to do something that they see a deep meaning behind it

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Crap, people should stop those pฬถrฬถeฬถvฬถeฬถnฬถtฬถiฬถoฬถnฬถ bullshit, it doesn't work and it will never work. If they really care then the least they can do is to leave us (SS website) alone and let us do our grown up things.

Of course, in ideal world, they would facilitate us in real life with option for peaceful and dignified end of life. This day should be world Nembutal day or perhaps world Sarco day

Reactions: conarc and locked*n*loaded
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Another international day of $$$.
Crap, people should stop those pฬถrฬถeฬถvฬถeฬถnฬถtฬถiฬถoฬถnฬถ bullshit, it doesn't work and it will never work. If they really care then the least they can do is to leave us (SS website) alone and let us do our grown up things.

Of course, in ideal world, they would facilitate us in real life with option for peaceful and dignified end of life. This day should be world Nembutal day or perhaps world Sarco day
I love Nembutal day.

Reactions: thebookofdisquiet. and Wormfood
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Vultures circle overhead
Feb 28, 2023
Suicide prevention day is as useless and pathetic as all the other awareness days. Nothing will change and nobody cares.

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
nobody cares

Reactions: S like suicide
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
World suicide "prevention" day HAHAHAHA๐Ÿคฃ
What prevention? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
What a joke. Suicide prevention would be fixing people's lives, magically healing them, erasing their traumas, giving them a home and money..
Won't help? Then get out of the way.

Reactions: Letmedienow and conarc
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Yeah, and tomorrow's 9/11. Why should I care?
I would say "anyone planning on offing themselves today out of spite?" as a joke but it doesn't even deserve such an acknowledgement. Just another day.

Borderline

Borderline

Borderline Personality Disorder
Aug 8, 2023
SUICIDE PREVENTION IS BULLSHIT

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Woo-hoo. Woo-hoo. Woo-hoo. It's a Celebration.

๐ŸŽˆ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽˆ

๐ŸŽˆ ๐ŸŽ† ๐ŸŽ‰

๐ŸŽ† ๐ŸŽˆ ๐ŸŽ‡

๐Ÿฅณ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐Ÿฅณ

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
S

Sad Avocado

Those things I've never said
May 27, 2023
As a person who got hung up by the suicide hotline, they are doing a shitty work

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Things that don't hollow without action

exiled

exiled

i gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
It is such a joke. People in my life know my story and not one person said anything to me. Not that that would've even made a difference, but nonetheless, they act holier-than-thou and then don't even attempt to make an actual difference. Stop posting the suicide hotline number.. We all know it. The people who are so pro suicide prev*ntion are honestly the first ones to walk away in the name of boundaries, or "not being able to handle it" at all. I am sick of this stigma. This day just promotes stigma around the topic of suicide, honestly. It makes us who want choice in this world seem like we are criminals.