To which kind of suicidality are you closer to?

• Total voters
Gonjoolie

Gonjoolie

Student
Feb 5, 2021
What I mean by " I want to end pain " option is you want to die only because of one or few major problems in your life otherwise you would want to live.
On the other hand "I want to die " option means you want to CTB because of the philosophical beliefs
Oof should've read this before I voted lmao

Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
Mix of both but I chose "I want to end pain" as the prominent one. I think if I had an objectively better life, never experienced trauma and thus had no/minimal mental illness then I would still want to at least try to live. Try to make sense in a senseless world. There's a lot of things I want to do and experience in this life but thanks to the hand of cards I was given it seems impossible to achieve them.

However, there still might have come a time where I just said 'fuck this' and ctb anyway. Especially now with living through a pandemic, mass extinction, climate crisis and generally how messed up things are. It's difficult to see an even slightly better world in future.

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I want to die. Most of my days aren't painful, just monotonous and boring. I don't really have anyone or anything I care about enough to stay for anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: articledon and LifeQuitter2018
AntiCycleAN

AntiCycleAN

Jan 15, 2021
I would say it's mostly end the pain. I wish I was never born, but I don't necessarily hate the concept of life, I just hate the one I am living. If I lacked my multiple mental illnesses, could connect with others, had friends, and was born in a different environment, I could possibly enjoy life. But the way I am right now makes so much of life painful, but required effort to make my life good would also be so difficult and painful, and might not actually improve my life at all.

• Aww..
Reactions: articledon and LifeQuitter2018
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Ending the pain doesn't erase the past. It doesn't change who I am and what I've done. I deserve this.

P

PeaceSeeker786

Jan 30, 2021
End my pain and to avoid a miserable future.

Reactions: articledon