• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

Sternum

Student
May 12, 2018
I respect you so much. A non-pro-choice person may think that sounds like nonsense, but taking that step is damn hard. Only a person who has sincerely faced the question can know how hard it is. I'm not talking about the > 50% of the population who has "considered" suicide in passing, or even the majority of the population of people who, at some point in their life, really wanted to cease existing due to particularly difficult challenges in their lives at that moment. Those peoples' stresses are real and difficult, and I don't mean to minimize them. Life is truly hard for everyone in one way or another, and it is short-sighted and superficial to discount that. A person who chooses and desires life, despite its challenges, deserves respect too. But those aren't the people I'm talking about. I'm talking about the person whose primary desire is to cease existing and is going through the miserable process of making that happen. Namely, the people in this forum and the many, many people who have similar thoughts and feelings but are isolated by them, having nobody that understands them. Carrying such a desire for suicide, then preparing for it and carrying it out, standing against millions of years of evolution that say you must live... that is damn near impossible. But people do it. To you who have done it, I respect and envy you. To you who are planning to do it, I understand how you feel, at least in part (even though our circumstances are bound to be different). I know it's so hard. For those of us who have no other option, hopefully we can carry it out successfully, quickly, and painlessly, leaving a minimal painful wake for those who are pained by our self-inflicted death. For those of who do not carry it out for whatever reason, hopefully you can continue in your existence with a minimum of suffering.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
I respect you so much. A non-pro-choice person may think that sounds like nonsense, but taking that step is damn hard. Only a person who has sincerely faced the question can know how hard it is. I'm not talking about the > 50% of the population who has "considered" suicide in passing, or even the majority of the population of people who, at some point in their life, really wanted to cease existing due to particularly difficult challenges in their lives at that moment. Those peoples' stresses are real and difficult, and I don't mean to minimize them. Life is truly hard for everyone in one way or another, and it is short-sighted and superficial to discount that. A person who chooses and desires life, despite its challenges, deserves respect too. But those aren't the people I'm talking about. I'm talking about the person whose primary desire is to cease existing and is going through the miserable process of making that happen. Namely, the people in this forum and the many, many people who have similar thoughts and feelings but are isolated by them, having nobody that understands them. Carrying such a desire for suicide, then preparing for it and carrying it out, standing against millions of years of evolution that say you must live... that is damn near impossible. But people do it. To you who have done it, I respect and envy you. To you who are planning to do it, I understand how you feel, at least in part (even though our circumstances are bound to be different). I know it's so hard. For those of us who have no other option, hopefully we can carry it out successfully, quickly, and painlessly, leaving a minimal painful wake for those who are pained by our self-inflicted death. For those of who do not carry it out for whatever reason, hopefully you can continue in your existence with a minimum of suffering.

I wish I could give you a hug through the computer. :)

K

Karlala

Jun 27, 2018
I need help making my final exit I need a partner who wants to do the same we can exit together

Reactions: dano6533