C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Time and time again people offer as advice to take medication that'll help with your depression, anxiety, being suicidal or whatever. Now I'm not going to completely disregard that yea sometimes meds do help for some people, but it doesn't for everyone. Sometimes it's just a temporary band-Aid for life long issues that'll never stop. All these people who push the narrative that just by taking a simple pill it will fix all your problems are so blinded and naĆÆve. Don't get me wrong I truly wish there was a pill that could end all of our problems, but it doesn't exist. All of our problems stem from an entire lifetime of pain and despair that consumes us. Every fucking day every single one of us battles our demons within ourselves. Is a pill going to erase everything that you've been through? All that pain, anger, sadness, despair, etc. you've felt all your life? All that pressure that has been building up inside of us without no release and tearing us down bit by bit until there's nothing left but an empty shell of a human being? Is a fucking goddamn pill going to fix or change that???

Fucking NO. What a pill won't do is erase all the pain we've felt, it won't end the loneliness and isolation we have to deal with, it won't erase all the bad memories or abuse we've had, it won't fix a dysfunctional fucked up family, it won't fix the societal and cultural systems that are in place that makes this world a nightmare to be in where you have to work and struggle just to pay for an measly existence none of us asked for. It sure as hell won't change the human condition, it won't stop the suffering that bad people cause onto others, it won't change that you'll lose all of your loved ones sooner or later, it won't change the fact that life is unfair or the randomness of sickness and death, that growing old is inevitable, or that death will happen regardless even if you kill yourself or live a long pointless life. Taking a pill will only change you momentarily and sure it may even help, but it won't change the outside factors that contributes to making people become suicidal also.

To anyone most especially pro-lifers who reads this and even push these narratives, if you feel that you don't understand any of what I said or refuse to look at the overall perspective most suicidal go through, then I envy your naivety. I hope you never become suicidal cause then you'll finally understand what it means to be stuck in a bottomless pit of darkness without any hope of escape.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: moya117, aticeret, thesaddestgirl and 27 others
Ryemi

Ryemi

Jealous of the dead
Apr 3, 2023
I agree.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hunter2005, Dead Meat, unnormal9 and 2 others
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Not to mention that you can spend a life time being prescribed endless varieties of psych meds without ever even receiving a rational prognosis, at least that is my experience thus far and seems to be what a lot of others have experienced as well. Nothing like the endless psychotropic medication loop + gas lighting from suicide preventionists and the medical community who are too cowardly to advocate for the right to die despite seeing patients who have very obviously exhausted their options.

Yeah sure, people like me are "not sound of mind" when all I'm saying is I've tried treatments well into the double digits and don't think the other pills are going to do much for me.
This stuff really drives me crazy.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: moya117, Per Ardua Ad Astra, thesaddestgirl and 9 others
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Yea med wat do no time back no rmv any all temp this suffr no chnc rmv, life all wrng cncpt pill no fix

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Stoldy, Dead Meat and 2 others
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Taking medication can affect our physical functioning and experience, but our body is connected to our mind.

We kinda tell ourselves little stories about things, it's what guides and motivates us.

That's how we react to things like what we see in a picture. It should say a thousand words, but not without understanding or experience. Everyone's interpretation is somewhat different.

If something goes wrong in this internal narrative, we should focus on its causes and look for a solution.

Everyone has their own path to healing. By writing about our thoughts and feelings, we find self-awareness and our motives.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat and Circles
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think the fact is that so many pro life people are just in denial, they don't want to accept that the suffering and problems that exist in this world are very real and that wanting suicide is a perfectly logical response to existing here. To me it's insensitive when they invalidate what people go through by saying things like "just take medication", the reality is that nothing can change the fact that we exist in such a hellish world where there is unlimited potential to suffer, life really is such a terrible thing and that's just being realistic. To me it's irrational to want to be tortured by old age.

• Love
Reactions: moya117, imlookingforward, Rogue Proxy and 7 others
E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
Medications are just to survive, they do not ever provide permanent resolution

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: moya117, WaitingToGo, miserableforever and 6 others
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
It does not for some, myself as one. With the plethora of meds I have been prescribed, I am still chronically suicidal, now accompanied by deliberating side effects. The doctors ignore it because it benefited them greatly in exchange for my volition; their research and profit.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, LittleJem, Circles and 2 others
mia.wallace

mia.wallace

Fell on black days
Feb 1, 2023
I completely agree. Psychiatry is like throwing spaghetti on a wall and hoping something sticks. Unfortunately, significant (and sometimes irreversible) damage can be inflicted by unqualified and/or unethical practitioners along the way.
Over-prescribing meds for a patient to make them more receptive to treatment is not a solution and harms the individual. While I understand there may be some benefits to taking meds depending on your condition, it is just a bandaid and not suitable for everyone who presents with mental health struggles.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, thesaddestgirl, š–£“ nadia š–£“ and 5 others
I

idkwhatnametoputher

Mar 17, 2023
Time and time again people offer as advice to take medication that'll help with your depression, anxiety, being suicidal or whatever. Now I'm not going to completely disregard that yea sometimes meds do help for some people, but it doesn't for everyone. Sometimes it's just a temporary band-Aid for life long issues that'll never stop. All these people who push the narrative that just by taking a simple pill it will fix all your problems are so blinded and naĆÆve. Don't get me wrong I truly wish there was a pill that could end all of our problems, but it doesn't exist. All of our problems stem from an entire lifetime of pain and despair that consumes us. Every fucking day every single one of us battles our demons within ourselves. Is a pill going to erase everything that you've been through? All that pain, anger, sadness, despair, etc. you've felt all your life? All that pressure that has been building up inside of us without no release and tearing us down bit by bit until there's nothing left but an empty shell of a human being? Is a fucking goddamn pill going to fix or change that???

Fucking NO. What a pill won't do is erase all the pain we've felt, it won't end the loneliness and isolation we have to deal with, it won't erase all the bad memories or abuse we've had, it won't fix a dysfunctional fucked up family, it won't fix the societal and cultural systems that are in place that makes this world a nightmare to be in where you have to work and struggle just to pay for an measly existence none of us asked for. It sure as hell won't change the human condition, it won't stop the suffering that bad people cause onto others, it won't change that you'll lose all of your loved ones sooner or later, it won't change the fact that life is unfair or the randomness of sickness and death, that growing old is inevitable, or that death will happen regardless even if you kill yourself or live a long pointless life. Taking a pill will only change you momentarily and sure it may even help, but it won't change the outside factors that contributes to making people become suicidal also.

To anyone most especially pro-lifers who reads this and even push these narratives, if you feel that you don't understand any of what I said or refuse to look at the overall perspective most suicidal go through, then I envy your naivety. I hope you never become suicidal cause then you'll finally understand what it means to be stuck in a bottomless pit of darkness without any hope of escape.
Pills do help if you take them everyday and if your doc increases the dose as needed and if you combine them with therapy. You can suffer and fuck your body and mind by trying to kill yourself and ofc failing because your body is designed to fight to survive or you can do therapy and take pills. Trust the process, wait, always talk with your doc about how you feel. You are thinking this way and feeling like the world is ending and nothing will get better because you let your depression control your brain. I'm not a pro-lifer, I believe in the right to die, I know how it's like to be suicidal/depressed, but it will get better with time.
Not to mention that you can spend a life time being prescribed endless varieties of psych meds without ever even receiving a rational prognosis, at least that is my experience thus far and seems to be what a lot of others have experienced as well. Nothing like the endless psychotropic medication loop + gas lighting from suicide preventionists and the medical community who are too cowardly to advocate for the right to die despite seeing patients who have very obviously exhausted their options.

Yeah sure, people like me are "not sound of mind" when all I'm saying is I've tried treatments well into the double digits and don't think the other pills are going to do much for me.
This stuff really drives me crazy.
"psychotropic medication loop" damn didn't know prozac hit that hard, the only "psychotropic" meds on the market are for ADHD, pain management, short-term insomnia and/or anxiety relief and pills for losing weight. All can be replaced if you want to, I'm assuming you don't talk about amphetamines or opioids and I'm assuming you're just a teen that got a script for the weakest benzo. It will get better if you don't let your depression control your mind and if you have patience.
Medications are just to survive, they do not ever provide permanent resolution
SSRIs block serotonin receptors so your brain learns to produce more(even when you are not on pills). Ever took MDMA or other serotonin-increasing drugs? Did you felt depressed on them? Ofc not, more serotonin = less depressed, everything you believe can be changed by the chems in your brain. Maybe you just need a larger dose of anti-depressants, always talk with your doc about how you feel and if it helped you or not.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: 52yoandmiserable, Archness and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
tiny_dancer

tiny_dancer

Student
Aug 23, 2022
My issues are physical/medical ones, and I still can't tell you how many times a loved one or a doctor has told me to "take antidepressants", as if they are a cure-all for literally everything. I feel like it's just go-to advice for lots of people, to make them think that they've "helped".
And of course in many people, they can do more harm than good.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Circles and 3 others
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Pills do help if you take them everyday and if your doc increases the dose as needed and if you combine them with therapy. You can suffer and fuck your body and mind by trying to kill yourself and ofc failing because your body is designed to fight to survive or you can do therapy and take pills. Trust the process, wait, always talk with your doc about how you feel. You are thinking this way and feeling like the world is ending and nothing will get better because you let your depression control your brain. I'm not a pro-lifer, I believe in the right to die, I know how it's like to be suicidal/depressed, but it will get better with time.

"psychotropic medication loop" damn didn't know prozac hit that hard, the only "psychotropic" meds on the market are for ADHD, pain management, short-term insomnia and/or anxiety relief and pills for losing weight. All can be replaced if you want to, I'm assuming you don't talk about amphetamines or opioids and I'm assuming you're just a teen that got a script for the weakest benzo. It will get better if you don't let your depression control your mind and if you have patience.

SSRIs block serotonin receptors so your brain learns to produce more(even when you are not on pills). Ever took MDMA or other serotonin-increasing drugs? Did you felt depressed on them? Ofc not, more serotonin = less depressed, everything you believe can be changed by the chems in your brain. Maybe you just need a larger dose of anti-depressants, always talk with your doc about how you feel and if it helped you or not.
hmm the reseaech shoes maybe 50 per cent efficacy for my next prescription. Which can also make me put on up to 10 stone, give me diabetes ans permanent insomnia. Yet they judge weed which does none of thar.

The research shows the rate of response and the rate of remission. And that some people do not respond or have unbearable side effects.

so the pulls definitely do not work for everyone and even those they do work for, it can be just an improvement.

The research if it is long enough can also show time to relapse. Eg me, I had one or two weeks feeling better on a med then relapse. Poop out is the lovely term for when your med stops working.Honesty wouldd give us assisted dying.

No psychiatrist is honest about this.
and that is the research published by the drygs companies.

I do definitely suggest meds to sufferers but they can also make thibgs worse aa well as better. Or just not help.

lol the serotonin myth is disproved. But if it works for you stick with it

Reactions: š–£“ nadia š–£“, Circles, Archness and 1 other person
autistocracy

autistocracy

angel
Dec 1, 2022
we exist in such a hellish world where there is unlimited potential to suffer
This is really it right here. Happiness has a hard cap. A limit on how often it can be experienced. However, there is absolutely no limit to how horrid life can be. I know plenty of people whose entire lives have just been one tragedy after the next with no end in sight.

Reactions: Circles
AkaRed

AkaRed

Come on! Letā€™s go, weā€™ll make our future together.
Apr 20, 2023
While I'm not anti-medication by any means, I totally get this point. It's one of the bigger frustrations I've had whenever I went to a doctor or therapist in the past about my depression and suicidal thoughts. The responses often felt nearly scripted- and always usually ended in a prescription for a different drug.
Medication isn't to be disregarded entirely, but it most certainly is treated like an "all you need" product that's mass-produced to ignore a much larger issue. It DOES (usually) help to balance certain chemicals in one's brain (for their given issue) to have a more positive physical effect. Like with ADHD, it can provide a new ability to focus that wasn't previously there without the medication. But it doesn't FIX ADHD. Just like antidepressants don't FIX anything to do with depression, suicidal thoughts, societal issues, and whatever the fuck else. There is so much more that goes on that medication can't even begin to touch when it comes to mental and other psychological issues. It can be a tool for a lot of individuals to find a path of recovery and balance, or it can have a minimal impact depending on the individual and their circumstances. I'm actually looking to get my own medication dose increased because right now it's definitely doing fuck all to help my mood.

Honestly kinda glad to see someone step up and have this take, its one of those things you know a lot of people think but won't say.
<3

Reactions: Circles
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well yeah it's important to know the limitations of meds. For some people, finding the right med can be like a Godsend. It will hit all the right receptors and transform their lives for the better. And some meds that are designed for psychological issues will also work to alleviate certain physical symptoms. For others with complex or multi-layered problems, I think the best they can hope for is to feel unfazed/mellowed out.

There's also the hurdle of having to go through a lot of trial and error before finding something that works. I was put on a couple of different meds early on in my crazy-career, and they made me feel even worse. And so if that's a person's only experience with meds, they'll inevitably poo poo them forever, even though the next one they could have tried might have been a game changer. So that temptation to stop looking too soon is also a problem. But then how do you motivate a depressed person to keep trying? It's a catch 22.

No pill will wipe out trauma or deep seated issues. But the right one can make life a lot more tolerable.

Reactions: AkaRed, Circles and redbathingduck
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021

"It will get better with time"? You don't know wtf you're talking about.

Reactions: tiny_dancer and Rogue Proxy
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
So we give drugs to nullify bad emotions so they're not depressed, drugs to make them high happy, and drugs to pacify the brain to not see through the farce. All NWO BNW Ted-K-insustrial-society endgame social engineering.

I hate how prevalent the thought is that the solution to mental health problems is just loads of drugs (especially in us), lots of talking (It helps a bit atleas), or telling you what/how to think or act (cbt). Not actually solving the root causes.

Not to mention that many people (like me) have brain structures that are inherently defective, and will never really work properly no matter the chemicals present (autism).

- - - - -

@idkwhatnametoputher Your whole posts reeks of (for lack of a better word) cope. I can appreciate your trying to do something good, but it could be interpreted in a less-then-ideal way. I'll criticism you comprehensively (if a bit harsh) so you could gain a better understanding, and whatever came out of you mouth actually sounds like instead of what you imagined it sounds like.

Trust the process, wait, always talk with your doc about how you feel. You are thinking this way and feeling like the world is ending and nothing will get better because you let your depression control your brain. I'm not a pro-lifer, I believe in the right to die, I know how it's like to be suicidal/depressed, but it will get better with time.
It's good you could recover, and you could get better, but try to understand those less fortunate than you, who can't. You live 1 life and assume that's all lives. People still ctb despite getting help, even when it's been for years, or die through other means.

"it will get better...". Every time I hear this, I think of all those drug addicts who died at rock bottom. In the real world it's a "could", a "maybe". Ofc you meant it in an encouraging manner, but doing it with a statement that's literally false, a bit of a clique, and aimed at people who can't see a way for it to happen, spoiler, isn't too effective by itself.

That part where you focused on @Unending... 's usage of the word "psychotropic" sounded a bit like "šŸ¤“ Umm actually....". Clearly they either didn't know the real meaning of the word, didn't have a better word for what they meant, and/or added it in for "cool effect".

"psychotropic medication loop" damn didn't know prozac hit that hard,
Was that rly a jab @Unending... ? Seems a bit rude.

and I'm assuming you're just a teen that got a script for the weakest benzo.
What's that assumption based on? I'd really like to know.
I'll assume myself, that you based the assumption on how they're depressed at all and it'd didn't get better yet, thus they must be a depressed teen. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as it's based on the same volume as your own assumption.

It will get better if you don't let your depression control your mind
"You wouldn't be so depressed if you stopped being depressed" is such a garbage way if putting it.

All can be replaced if you want to, I'm assuming you don't talk about amphetamines or opioids
What?

Just increassing serotonin isn't such a silver bullet, if it was then the increasses in depressions and suicides should've grounded to a halt years ago.

Reactions: luminiby, tiny_dancer and Hollowman
I

idkwhatnametoputher

Mar 17, 2023
So we give drugs to nullify bad emotions so they're not depressed, drugs to make them high happy, and drugs to pacify the brain to not see through the farce. All NWO BNW Ted-K-insustrial-society endgame social engineering.
Depression affects the way you think/you see life, future/your motivation/etc. so ofc you will think nothing can help you and the only fix is taking drugs or killing yourself
"it will get better...". Every time I hear this, I think of all those drug addicts who died at rock bottom. In the real world it's a "could", a "maybe".
Are you homeless? Are you injecting heroin 3 times a day to avoid withdrawal?
How are you comparing people that have no home, food and that die with the syringe in their arms with the people on this forum which are mostly suicidal teens/young adults that had a hard life but their traumas can be healed and their chem inbalance can be fixed with professional help.
It's good you could recover, and you could get better, but try to understand those less fortunate than you, who can't.
Listen, wait a few years, mature a bit, see a doc if you want to or if you don't, noone is forcing you, noone will beg you to get help. In a few years you will see time heals everything and you will cringe when you will remember the shit that you said here.
Don't try to kill yourself, it's really hard to die and your body and mind are designed to fight to survive, or do, you'll end up retard(not trying to offence you, just what happens).
"You wouldn't be so depressed if you stopped being depressed" is such a garbage way if putting it.
What I meant by that is getting professional help. Again, noone will beg you to get help, you always have the right to stop taking your insulin as someone with diabetes, stop taking your ADs as someone with depression, stop taking your benzos as someone with insomnia.
What's that assumption based on? I'd really like to know.
The majority of people with depression are under 25 and the most common prescribed "psychotropic" meds in europe are clonazepam and bromazepam, which are weak benzos and can also be prescribed to minors.
ADHD meds can be replaced with non-stimulants, benzos with anti-psychotics and so on. Ofc they are less effective but it's a solution if the patient has drug abuse history or if he wants to avoid psychotropic medication.
Your whole posts reeks of (for lack of a better word) cope. I can appreciate your trying to do something good, but it could be interpreted in a less-then-ideal way. I'll criticism you comprehensively (if a bit harsh) so you could gain a better understanding, and whatever came out of you mouth actually sounds like instead of what you imagined it sounds like.
You said a lot of shit without saying anything, again, wait to mature and you'll see things get better. Don't ask me how I assumed you're immature, ask yourself in 2-3 years lol.
Like with ADHD, it can provide a new ability to focus that wasn't previously there without the medication. But it doesn't FIX ADHD.
Well yeah, you can't cure ADHD but you can manage it and live a normal life. Same with diabetes.
Just like antidepressants don't FIX anything to do with depression, suicidal thoughts, societal issues, and whatever the fuck else. There is so much more that goes on that medication can't even begin to touch when it comes to mental and other psychological issues. It can be a tool for a lot of individuals to find a path of recovery and balance, or it can have a minimal impact depending on the individual and their circumstances. I'm actually looking to get my own medication dose increased because right now it's definitely doing fuck all to help my mood.
You have a negative thinking because of depression. Depression it's caused by a chemical inbalance in the brain, ADs can fix that long-term. The "other psychological issues" can be healed/managed with therapy. I encourage you to take your meds everyday as prescribed, be honest and talk about how you feel with your doc and if it doesn't help after a few months, ask to switch to other med. DON'T stop ever taking it over something someone said online, as long as your doc doesn't advice you to do so because you will just waste time and you will end up suffering for a longer period of time.
my next prescription. Which can also make me put on up to 10 stone, give me diabetes ans permanent insomnia. Yet they judge weed which does none of thar.
Okay, another stoner. It's proven with studies that smoking weed is as bad as smoking cigs. You can get cancer, lung problems, heart problems, etc. Weed taken orally(edibles) is safer, but still mentally dangerous. Why? It can make your depression/anxiety/schizophrenia worse and IT CAN GIVE YOU INSOMNIA. Everyone knows a paranoid anxious stoner that can't leave his house or sleep without weed. Don't self-medicate with weed, just don't-.
Every medication has risks, that doesn't mean we should stop taking anti-psychotics if we have psychosis for example. I promise you the risk of getting diabetes is very low in a very small percentage of the population and you won't get it lol.
LMK if you want links from trustable sources for everything I said.
And that some people do not respond
Every case is different, some have dopamine deficiency, some serotonin deficiency, some vitamin deficiency.
We have legal s-ketamine for people with treatment resistent depression that are over 18, even in east-european countries.
Everyone is unique and every case needs a different dose of a different medication for a different period of time, it just takes a while to find it.
lol the serotonin myth is disproved. But if it works for you stick with it
source?

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Archness and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I repeat myself a lot below and am too tired to proofread so yeah, keep that in mind while reading.

The term "psychotropic medications" includes many of the medications that I have tried and whether or not it was the most accurate term, hopefully you can understand that there are lots of meds that show up when you google psychotropic medication that will be things used to treat things like mdd, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, etc or whatever else.

No, prozac doesn't hit hard or whatever the hell you mean by that but what I'm saying is that there are some people who spend literal decades without relief because there is no end to how much treatment you are expected to try when psych meds are part of the equation. It's very clear that you'll be expected to try more even when you've nearly hit the 20 mark on individual psych pills without a modicum of relief. It takes longer to hit 20 than most people would think and it slowly begins to feel like water torture as your symptoms consume you.

Also, pleasse just google the wikipedia page for psychotropic medications if you aren't completely familiar with what they consist of.

Maybe I'm wrong and you actually just know better than me but you come off as incredibly rude.

I have tried quite a lot of medications off of this list in all different combinations and dosages and it has compounded into years of untreated illness considering that none of them worked (keep in mind I'm still trying despite the fact none of them have worked).

I'm not a teenager, I'm not new to this, I have been suffering for years and it compounds. It eats away at you and not everyone is lucky enough to be helped by what is immediately available. The term, treatment resistant, exists for a reason. What happens when treatments don't work for someone with a disease? Really, what happens? It eats away at them and destroys them. There are levels of mental illness that you undoubtedly can live with but I have tried EVERYTHING my several doctors have recommended me and found NO RELIEF.

Be grateful that you are doing okay instead of mocking someone who is suffering because you aren't making me feel any better. You come off as cruel and dismissive.
I wouldn't be surprised if I have fought much harder than people like you considering that you probably didn't have to. I've been fighting this my whole life and contrary to popular belief, just thinking positive DOES NOT FIX IT. It can help, but it's not going to help forever and it gets harder to do with each year that passes.
Depression affects the way you think/you see life, future/your motivation/etc. so ofc you will think nothing can help you and the only fix is taking drugs or killing yourself
I believed it was going to get better for years, even after several psych ward stays, failed treatments, ineffective medications, etc. Just so you know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, tiny_dancer and Cathy Ames
I

idkwhatnametoputher

Mar 17, 2023
The term "psychotropic medications" includes many of the medications that I have tried and whether or not it was the most accurate term, hopefully you can understand that there are lots of meds that show up when you google psychotropic medication that will be things used to treat things like mdd, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, etc or whatever else.

No, prozac doesn't hit hard or whatever the hell you mean by that but what I'm saying is that there are some people who spend literal decades without relief because there is no end to how much treatment you are expected to try when psych meds are part of the equation. It's very clear that you'll be expected to try more even when you've nearly hit the 20 mark on individual psych pills without a modicum of relief. It takes longer to hit 20 than most people would think and it slowly begins to feel like water torture as your symptoms consume you.
There are no psychotropic meds to treat IN PRESENT anything else except what I said, you said some bullshit, accept it. Also psychotropic medication is used to relief anxiety short term(2-4 weeks), not treat it. Stop talking if you are not able to read 1 wikipedia page about the shit that comes out of your dumb mouth, you can missinform/harm other people.

This thread will encourage people to stop taking their meds, everyone here is irresponsible and should be legally punished because you can harm other people. Stopping a treatment of ADs without talking to a doc first can lead to withdrawal, severe depression, anxiety and suicide attemps.
This is why im saying you should do some fucking research before killing someone. Do whatever you want with your body, but don't harm other people. I know noone here is over 25 and the majority are minors but you can literally make someone kill himself. Not talking ab you specifically but ab everyone in this post, this is just anti-med propaganda. Scaring other people from taking them. Encouraging doing dumb shit over a legit treatment. Dumb teens being fucking dumb lol. I saw someone promoting smoking weed(which makes mental health problems worse and harms brain development in young people) over a treatment. Next time convience a diabetic that insulin is useless and let him fucking die.
I hope this forum will be shut down and all of you will be tracked and punished for harming other people, I'll do what I can so this site will be taken down

Reconsider your life choices @Circles @Unending... @dOn'tJuDgEyOuRsElF @FuneralCry @endless_pain @mia.wallace @LittleJem @Hollowman @Archness
I repeat myself a lot below and am too tired to proofread so yeah, keep that in mind while reading.

Also, pleasse just google the wikipedia page for psychotropic medications if you aren't completely familiar with what they consist of.

Maybe I'm wrong and you actually just know better than me but you come off as incredibly rude.

I have tried quite a lot of medications off of this list in all different combinations and dosages and it has compounded into years of untreated illness considering that none of them worked (keep in mind I'm still trying despite the fact none of them have worked).

I'm not a teenager, I'm not new to this, I have been suffering for years and it compounds. It eats away at you and not everyone is lucky enough to be helped by what is immediately available. The term, treatment resistant, exists for a reason. What happens when treatments don't work for someone with a disease? Really, what happens? It eats away at them and destroys them. There are levels of mental illness that you undoubtedly can live with but I have tried EVERYTHING my several doctors have recommended me and found NO RELIEF.

Be grateful that you are doing okay instead of mocking someone who is suffering because you aren't making me feel any better. You come off as cruel and dismissive.
I wouldn't be surprised if I have fought much harder than people like you considering that you probably didn't have to. I've been fighting this my whole life and contrary to popular belief, just thinking positive DOES NOT FIX IT. It can help, but it's not going to help forever and it gets harder to do with each year that passes.

I believed it was going to get better for years, even after several psych ward stays, failed treatments, ineffective medications, etc. Just so you know.
Name ONE SINGLE PSYCHOTROPIC MEDICATION that is used for a mental issue that I didn't mention in the US/EU
ONE.
nothing? then shut up
I'm not rude for informing people that your talking shit and have 0 research
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT PSYCHOTROPIC MEDICATION MEANS but you talk about it and now you can't even accept your wrong

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
my life choices currently: staying alive with constant agitation and misery, walking down the street crying and going through at least two more medication trials so I can ensure my family know I tried to get better. While just wanting to end it now. I have tried three paychiatric medications so far.

No one here is telling people to go off their meds. We have just all been suffering for a long time. I encourage everyone to try meds. It does not mean they work for everyone.

You don't know what you are talking about.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That user who sounds so angry is just here to troll the site by the way, just take no notice of them.

I

idkwhatnametoputher

Mar 17, 2023
my life choices currently: staying alive with constant agitation and misery, walking down the street crying and going through at least two more medication trials so I can ensure my family know I tried to get better. While just wanting to end it now. I have tried three paychiatric medications so far.

No one here is telling people to go off their meds. We have just all been suffering for a long time. I encourage everyone to try meds. It does not mean they work for everyone.

You don't know what you are talking about.
Yeah not saying that you should stop taking ADs even tho you have depression, just saying ADs are ineffective(for me ofc), give you terminal illneses, weed is better anyways(doesn't matter it will make you a paranoid anxious braindead that can't sleep without it) and the science is CAP. Teens are fucking dumb.

• Hmph!
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
and some sources:

'no convincing evidence that serotonin is associated with depression' https://www.nature.com/articles/s41380-022-01661-0

Some anti-ds don't work on serotonin.

some of the newer theories refer to BDNF

Nobody really knows anything much about the brain

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Hollowman and Cathy Ames
I

idkwhatnametoputher

Mar 17, 2023
That user who sounds so angry is just here to troll the site by the way, just take no notice of them.
I ain't a troll, ur literally encouraging people to kill themselves and stop their treatments. I'll report the site to the host/domain registar and police and I'll make sure it's taken down and people like you are tracked

• Hmph!
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Archness and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
There are no psychotropic meds to treat IN PRESENT anything else except what I said, you said some bullshit, accept it. Also psychotropic medication is used to relief anxiety short term(2-4 weeks), not treat it. Stop talking if you are not able to read 1 wikipedia page about the shit that comes out of your dumb mouth, you can missinform/harm other people.

This thread will encourage people to stop taking their meds, everyone here is irresponsible and should be legally punished because you can harm other people. Stopping a treatment of ADs without talking to a doc first can lead to withdrawal, severe depression, anxiety and suicide attemps.
This is why im saying you should do some fucking research before killing someone. Do whatever you want with your body, but don't harm other people. I know noone here is over 25 and the majority are minors but you can literally make someone kill himself. Not talking ab you specifically but ab everyone in this post, this is just anti-med propaganda. Scaring other people from taking them. Encouraging doing dumb shit over a legit treatment. Dumb teens being fucking dumb lol. I saw someone promoting smoking weed(which makes mental health problems worse and harms brain development in young people) over a treatment. Next time convience a diabetic that insulin is useless and let him fucking die.
I hope this forum will be shut down and all of you will be tracked and punished for harming other people, I'll do what I can so this site will be taken down

Reconsider your life choices @Circles @Unending... @dOn'tJuDgEyOuRsElF @FuneralCry @endless_pain @mia.wallace @LittleJem @Hollowman @Archness

Name ONE SINGLE PSYCHOTROPIC MEDICATION that is used for a mental issue that I didn't mention in the US/EU
ONE.
nothing? then shut up
I'm not rude for informing people that your talking shit and have 0 research
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT PSYCHOTROPIC MEDICATION MEANS but you talk about it and now you can't even accept your wrong
If the wikipedia article is wrong then I'll take it back. I don't really know what to say, I was just talking about my experience and don't mean to suggest others shouldn't try the route I've taken with meds and treatment and of course I'm still trying treatment. I'm not trying to instigate anything but am just desperate from the pain so I find venting to be momentarily helpful.

Yeah, I mean thanks for the cruelty I guess. I don't know what else you expect me to say. I'm not tryin to be ill-willed and I don't want people to kill themselves. Nonetheless, I don't think pretending I've had a good experience with treatment is going to change anyone else's success with it.

• Love
I

idkwhatnametoputher

Mar 17, 2023
and some sources:

'no convincing evidence that serotonin is associated with depression' https://www.nature.com/articles/s41380-022-01661-0

Some anti-ds don't work on serotonin.

some of the newer theories refer to BDNF

Nobody really knows anything much about the brain
my guy, everyone is diff, some have serotonin deffiency, some dopamine, some j vitamins, some need something stronger bc they have treatment resistant depression. this doesnt change the fact that what you are doing is anti med propaganda

• Hmph!
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Archness and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Can you please respond to me and tell me if you found the list on the wikipedia article to be inaccurate?

I

idkwhatnametoputher

Mar 17, 2023
If the wikipedia article is wrong then I'll take it back. I don't really know what to say, I was just talking about my experience and don't mean to suggest others shouldn't try the route I've taken with meds and treatment and of course I'm still trying treatment. I'm not trying to instigate anything but am just desperate from the pain so I find venting to be momentarily helpful.

Yeah, I mean thanks for the cruelty I guess. I don't know what else you expect me to say. I'm not tryin to be ill-willed and I don't want people to kill themselves. Nonetheless, I don't think pretending I've had a good experience with treatment is going to change anyone else's success with it.
Okay, get a therapist, tell him what you told me and try to find a solution with him.
This is not the way to get better and your just harming other people.

• Hmph!
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Okay, get a therapist, tell him what you told me and try to find a solution with him.
This is not the way to get better and your just harming other people.
I have doctors and am still pursuing treatment after all these years while being very open about my experiences and feelings. I can't help it that nothing is giving me relief but am still trying for as long as I can. Pushing from every angle I can think of.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and LittleJem