Krisis

Krisis

Nov 16, 2023
But it is about perspective, way less than 1% of posts encourage people to get or seek help, if we focus on that 1% we will say the site is pro life.

The significant majority of posts are about actual real life application of CTB methods. Not theory or help.
And when you are suicidal, any post that seems even remotely indicative of a pro-life attitude will stand out.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Exactly. The hypervigilance and zeroed in is very much more pronounced when suicidal.

jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
Eh, I don't mind sharing the site with non suicidal people. But I wish they would either stick to the recovery section, or have a new section created for them if they aren't ready or sure about CTB. You know a section for those on the fence, who haven't decided if they want to die or recover.

I do however feel that the suicide discussion section should mostly be for the suicidal among us. People who have decided they want/are ready to die. It can be frustrating when the suicide discussion section seems to fill up with either prolife shit, or recovery stuff.

Honestly, I think a slight restructure to site would do some good for diffusing this kind of tension. But that's just my opinion.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I mean doing ctb in a hurry is never a good idea so I fully understand why people want to stop this
Rash suicides are a bad idea for many reasons, yes. But when I state in my original post all of the things I've tried and been through and how long I've been dealing with suicidal thoughts the last thing I want to be told is to try and work it out and hold on a little longer. I come here to avoid that shit, I hear enough of it in my real life. If I wanted to hear that I would go to the recovery section.

Reactions: oddetoad
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
We are. Without a doubt in my mind
Ultimately we are all human but without sounding too spiritual or whatever until we address the darkness inside of us they'll still be people playing petty sometimes malicious games with one another. Wanting power.
If they want to feel superior by fucking with people facing the predicament of suicide then it just speaks for what they are

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
The hypocritical bastardised state of affairs that is this world is immaculately stupid

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
*sigh* I wish someone would push me off the edge, I really do. My mother passed away and I think she's definitely at peace, for me to wish her back to life would be cruel, take a look around, humans are evil, I wish I could be with her, not her with me. Wouldn't feel this way if it wasn't for humans. In the past 2 years I got into misanthropy and I couldn't give a flying fuck what happens to the humans, only the animals I care about now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic
H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
Now it attracts pro-lifers and people with toxic positivity pushing the idea of "help", I'm sorry but other people's wish to die is absolutely nothing to do with you, like if you love something so cruel and futile as existence so much then just go and enjoy it. People come here to escape from insensitive people pushing the idea of "help" and forcing the view that there are other solutions to death. It's delusional to even believe that suicidal people need "help" in the first place, I see wanting to die as very rational to avoid suffering.

I just wish this site was reserved for people who really wanted to die, I wish that this was as a safe space for those people free from non-suicidals, I feel like this site became too mainstream as well and at times just feels like anywhere else on the internet rather than being a place soley for those who really want to die, as after all this is the only place we can discuss this topic. And honestly I find the comments frustrating when clearly non-suicidal people say things like suicide is easy, just jump from a high building and say things like why don't you just die then if you hate it so much, people rarely said things like that before the forum became so mainstream and attracted lots of non-suicidal people.
Of course I'm still glad there's a place to vent but I just wish non-suicidal people would go elsewhere, at times the suicide discussion feels like a random discussion for everything rather than being posts related to suicide/wanting to die. I just cannot stand any pro-life rhetoric, it's insensitive and patronising
I completely agree, am infuriated when people makes comments like suicide is easy, and it's the cowards way out.
You guys be in our shoes just for 5 minutes, then talk until then shut the fuck up!!!!!

Reactions: raindrops
worstgirl7716

worstgirl7716

"I'll roll along today."
Dec 2, 2023
All the normal people who come here ever say is "get help" or "things will get better" and I wish they'd just understand we've heard it all already

exiled

exiled

i gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
I get that you have been on this website a very long time, and that this feels like your safe haven; your home, if you will. And I understand that it feels infiltrated with pro-lifers, especially after all the media coverage it has gotten over the years. Of course it has attracted a lot of people who are anti-suicide, because the website is entirely shocking to the outside world. There is not one single strong opinion that will not have oppression, and that's the reality of being pro-choice on suicide. You will have to - to an extent - defend your argument if it is public. And for better or worse, SS is quite public.

All that to say, despite sympathizing with your sentiment, I don't know if I can fully agree. There has been a recovery board on this website for quite some time, thus proving that it was never simply for those who are moments away from ending their life. Further, there are people on here who are severely suicidal but do not have as much access or resources to follow through, so perhaps they just want to commune with like-minded people without being set on dying. Lacking resources might inspire force people to have to fight to stay alive, thus feigning an appearance of being pro-life. This website needs to be a safe place for both suicidal people, and those who are struggling yet are not set on a decision. Take yourself as an example: many have asked you why you are still on this website and have been for years, but have not caught the bus. Your answer almost verbatim is always "lack of resources and access" is it not? I'm saying this to prove the point that no two people are on SS for the exact same reason, and gatekeeping that is entirely messed up.

People who do come on here offering help are not harming anyone. You can simply ignore those comments if it isn't what you're looking for. Those who are out-right pro-life and full on anti-SaSu seem to get banned pretty quickly, no? I feel like the administration is damn quick to delete a user who says anything in the realm of being against what SS stands for. So I am not sure where the worry is coming from.

I wasn't here years ago, but I imagine SS was never just a pro-suicide website. There are people who come here because they may struggle with feelings of wanting to end their life, or major depression, or severe isolation but they may not actually want to die. They deserve to have community with people who are feeling suicidal at the same time as them. And if two people consensually end up choosing recovery together, then let them have this safe space to do it. A space that understands both wanting to kill yourself, and wanting to embrace recovery. That is what is so beautiful about SS in my opinion. You can be on either side of the fence (as in, suicidal or desiring recovery) and you can even have one foot in each side!

Take what you like and leave the rest. This is a public forum and an open community and if you do not want to have to defend your argument or hear another pro-life approach, simply scroll. Your safe space isn't gone but unfortunately when it comes to the internet, it will never be as secure as you'd hope. Stay away from the recovery based boards, and stick to threads that amplify your own agenda or desires. Suicide is always going to be controversial, even amongst a forum full of people who want to die. If you need solace from all of this, I suggest you stay close to those who understand you most and block out responses on the internet that you don't like

Last edited:
Reactions: Krisis