• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Now it attracts pro-lifers and people with toxic positivity pushing the idea of "help", I'm sorry but other people's wish to die is absolutely nothing to do with you, like if you love something so cruel and futile as existence so much then just go and enjoy it. People come here to escape from insensitive people pushing the idea of "help" and forcing the view that there are other solutions to death. It's delusional to even believe that suicidal people need "help" in the first place, I see wanting to die as very rational to avoid suffering.

I just wish this site was reserved for people who really wanted to die, I wish that this was as a safe space for those people free from non-suicidals, I feel like this site became too mainstream as well and at times just feels like anywhere else on the internet rather than being a place soley for those who really want to die, as after all this is the only place we can discuss this topic. And honestly I find the comments frustrating when clearly non-suicidal people say things like suicide is easy, just jump from a high building and say things like why don't you just die then if you hate it so much, people rarely said things like that before the forum became so mainstream and attracted lots of non-suicidal people.
Of course I'm still glad there's a place to vent but I just wish non-suicidal people would go elsewhere, at times the suicide discussion feels like a random discussion for everything rather than being posts related to suicide/wanting to die. I just cannot stand any pro-life rhetoric, it's insensitive and patronising

sadlyexisting

sadlyexisting

Send me to hell, 'cause I can’t wait
Jun 26, 2023
I agree with you!
I think that a little bit of "help" is okay though, cause some people can actually be saved if they just have someone to talk and open up to. But if they've made up their mind and are sure about their decision then nobody has the right to force life on to them and try to "help" them

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
Help isn't always a bad thing, but on a place like this most of us have already been "helped" over and over, honestly its just tragic they get their hopes up enough for us
Exactly. It's the definition of madness. We feel mad enough already thank you.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Sometimes I wonder if it's worth engaging online at all not knowing if we're being manipulated by big tech or other forces that may be nefarious.

• Love
Reactions: oddetoad
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
Now it attracts pro-lifers and people with toxic positivity pushing the idea of "help", I'm sorry but other people's wish to die is absolutely nothing to do with you, like if you love something so cruel and futile as existence so much then just go and enjoy it. People come here to escape from insensitive people pushing the idea of "help" and forcing the view that there are other solutions to death. It's delusional to even believe that suicidal people need "help" in the first place, I see wanting to die as very rational to avoid suffering.

I just wish this site was reserved for people who really wanted to die, I wish that this was as a safe space for those people free from non-suicidals, I feel like this site became too mainstream as well and at times just feels like anywhere else on the internet rather than being a place soley for those who really want to die, as after all this is the only place we can discuss this topic. And honestly I find the comments frustrating when clearly non-suicidal people say things like suicide is easy, just jump from a high building and say things like why don't you just die then if you hate it so much, people rarely said things like that before the forum became so mainstream and attracted lots of non-suicidal people.
Of course I'm still glad there's a place to vent but I just wish non-suicidal people would go elsewhere, at times the suicide discussion feels like a random discussion for everything rather than being posts related to suicide/wanting to die. I just cannot stand any pro-life rhetoric, it's insensitive and patronising
We have noticed a fair amount of, what I would call, "juvenile language" on this site. Unfortunately it boils down to freedom which makes it our responsibility to report anyone you feel is being aggressive with their "help".

Reactions: Meditation guide
Unknown21

Unknown21

この世界は残酷だ。
Apr 25, 2023
The situation has become truly unbearable, seeing people like on r/suicide watch makes me nervous

Reactions: trashhologram
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
How would you judge really wanting to die though? I rarely see posts here telling people to get or seek help. The forum seems way more pro suicide than pro life to me. It's all about perspective.

You could argue anyone serious about it would be gone. Yes we can all say we are looking for a perfect method, have life things to close out etc etc but it's all a moot point if we are no longer here.

D

delphi4470

-
Dec 20, 2023
We have noticed a fair amount of, what I would call, "juvenile language" on this site. Unfortunately it boils down to freedom which makes it our responsibility to report anyone you feel is being aggressive with their "help".
Can you please clarify what you mean by "juvenile language"?

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
Can you please clarify what you mean by "juvenile language"?
As the OP mentioned in the 2nd paragraph:
And honestly I find the comments frustrating when clearly non-suicidal people say things like suicide is easy, just jump from a high building and say things like why don't you just die then if you hate it so much, people rarely said things like that before the forum became so mainstream and attracted lots of non-suicidal people.

Reactions: delphi4470
AshersGirl

AshersGirl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
What if people join when they are suicidal but then they change their mind? Suicidal ideation and intent is not always static. I think it's good we also have the recovery section, because it means members who may have built up a rapport and a support network don't feel they have to leave just because they no longer want/plan to ctb. Also, even though the people who villainise this website ignore it, it is a valid come back for SaSu not being what they declare it to be: it's a pro choice space and lots of people find solace here either through others understanding and empathising with their suicidality, or through those who know what it's like to tread the water of being torn between trying to find something worthwhile to live for, and ending it all. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, yeah, I don't think it's a space for people who've never felt suicidal ever. Those I'd be happy to stay away as they just don't get it. But it's a space for all the myriad complexities that come with struggling with suicidal thoughts: whether the individuals focus is on fighting them or giving in to them (or flitting between the two).

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but "whose" mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Wishing peacefully.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
That I don't want to die doesn't mean I don't struggle or think about leaving. I've been doing that for over 25 years. I've got my reasons for wanting to sit out this ride.

Everyone who struggles with mental health problems, nonactive or active suicidal people deserve to be here.

imastain

imastain

bleh
May 3, 2023
That I don't want to die doesn't mean I don't struggle or think about leaving. I've been doing that for over 25 years. I've got my reasons for wanting to sit out this ride.

Everyone who struggles with mental health problems, nonactive or active suicidal people deserve to be here.
im not gonna be disputing that but those of us who are suicidal should be at liberty to discuss our suicides without being bombarded with platitudes about how we should hang on a little longer. suicide is the rational act to me. living isnt.

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Even back then, there were already several pro lifers here, I think even more than now. I remember several annoying users, who I believe have left (thankfully) because I don't see them anymore.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
How would you judge really wanting to die though? I rarely see posts here telling people to get or seek help. The forum seems way more pro suicide than pro life to me. It's all about perspective.

You could argue anyone serious about it would be gone. Yes we can all say we are looking for a perfect method, have life things to close out etc etc but it's all a moot point if we are no longer here.
I think the opposing view points should be called "pro-choice" and "anti-suicide".

I agree that this forum does seem to lean heavier towards pro-choice by listing methods and allowing uncensored discussion, but anyone is free to browse recovery if that's what they're looking for instead.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage
snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
I haven't been on this site much because I still have hope left of recovery and don't wanna drown myself in depression, but I've been coming back lately and I totally agree. The air here feels very different now. One of my pet peeves is when you explain everything in a post, or give an example and someone picks out that one inconsistency among a sea of evidence to prove youre wrong or assume you only tried the one example you explained (if i told you everything i tried, wed be here for a very long time) or give simple answers or obvious solutions that the person most likely obviously thought of or without clarifying or evidence. It gives off one impression: I don't actually want to understand you or help and just want you to shut up or stop making me feel uncomfortable.

One thing I learned about arguing with people is, to understand someone or change their mind, you need to help/guide them to reach or realize the same conclusion as you on their own rather than force it. If you just give a blunt answer to something without much evidence or explanation, how are they supposed to believe you? You just give off the impression of someone trying to be a smartass or something. I get this a lot when I talk about having a curse or something, people just tell me things like "It's not a curse", "it's just life" or my personal favorite from my religious parents "My faith doesn't allow it" (tf is that supposed to mean? These people sound like a sheep) without elaborating. I've noticed so many pro-lifers and people who've never experienced a mental illness act like this. It's like they're in their own little fantasy land and if anything interrupts that it makes them super uncomfortable and defensive. I've been cutting so many people like this from my life and if it's true more people like this are coming here, I probably won't be active as much anymore xd

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Literally, unless you put that you don't want advice in your post, they'll find someway to slide advice in the comments anyway and that's just ugh

cryone

cryone

Student
Nov 23, 2023
it isn't really about perspective. It seems more "pro-suicide" because this is a place where suicidal people discuss their thoughts and ideation. Of course pro-life speakers will only make up the minority, but the fact is there are more and more pro-lifers. This is the issue. They do not belong here and share dismissive advice. People who are pro-choice will rarely tell a person to seek help (in the suicide discussion) because it's assumed they've exhausted all options. A person who "wants to die" would understand this. They would not give useless platitudes.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
it isn't really about perspective. It seems more "pro-suicide" because this is a place where suicidal people discuss their thoughts and ideation. Of course pro-life speakers will only make up the minority, but the fact is there are more and more pro-lifers. This is the issue. They do not belong here and share dismissive advice. People who are pro-choice will rarely tell a person to seek help (in the suicide discussion) because it's assumed they've exhausted all options. A person who "wants to die" would understand this. They would not give useless platitudes.
But it is about perspective, way less than 1% of posts encourage people to get or seek help, if we focus on that 1% we will say the site is pro life.

The significant majority of posts are about actual real life application of CTB methods. Not theory or help.

Reactions: breezeboy
Freimann

Freimann

Dec 23, 2023
Can't stand the "saviours" who come around here thinking they'll "save me" or say something that I haven't heard at least some 10 times before. To all pro-lifers and self entitled "heroes" reading this, just don't waste your time with me. If you insist in using SaSu, go to the recovery session, leave me be.

trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023
Offering help is fine but everyone should respect if the individual doesn't want your help. I'm very much pro-choice when it comes to suicide, I don't think suicide is a great thing but sometimes it's the better alternative than suffering for decades. I do think it should be the last option though as it isn't a reversible thing. I do agree that people without any suicidal ideation and "anti-suicide" people don't belong here. I joined the forum because I needed a place where I can talk about everything without censoring myself and without being judged.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I've become exhausted with trying to explain to people that no, I don't want you to offer me solutions to get better. Yes, I have tried every option of getting help. I feel like every post I make at least one person has to offer me the idea of getting help or not making rash decisions. I've been a member since 2020, I think it's pretty damn clear this isn't a rash decision. It really does make posting more of a chore than something helpful to get things off my chest. If I wanted help I would be in the recovery section. The whole point of coming to this site is to avoid the toxic positivity and over explaining that I get in real life.

MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023

I have seen similar posts from you a couple of times . Could you outline what should be acceptable and what should not be acceptable in suicide discussion section ?

Method talk , I am assuming is acceptable in your eyes . What else is acceptable according to you ?

Note : I am genuinely curious .

new2blue

new2blue

Student
Dec 11, 2023
When I joined recently I was very suicidal. I had read about methods all day everyday for 2 weeks (I work from home so it's easy to do for me) I am still on the fence about living, though I am trying my best to survive for my partner. I have not "recovered", as I think about suicide everyday, and I can not see a future for myself yet that looks anything but miserable. I do not want to act impulsively, and I encourage others to do the same, to give as much thought as they can bare to this decision. At the end of the day though, I support everyone in their decision to live or die. I have lived in hell, and had I a button to press that could switch me off, I would have pressed it long ago. I try to be hopeful, not so much for myself, but my partner. Plus, in the mean time, I see nothing wrong wih broad conversations that relate to life and death here. I think there are some pretty cool people in this place, and I feel less alone here. :)

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Sometimes I wonder if it's worth engaging online at all not knowing if we're being manipulated by big tech or other forces that may be nefarious.
We are. Without a doubt in my mind
I've become exhausted with trying to explain to people that no, I don't want you to offer me solutions to get better. Yes, I have tried every option of getting help. I feel like every post I make at least one person has to offer me the idea of getting help or not making rash decisions. I've been a member since 2020, I think it's pretty damn clear this isn't a rash decision. It really does make posting more of a chore than something helpful to get things off my chest. If I wanted help I would be in the recovery section. The whole point of coming to this site is to avoid the toxic positivity and over explaining that I get in real life.
I mean doing ctb in a hurry is never a good idea so I fully understand why people want to stop this