Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
It's not pro life, but what about a gang of three people who pounce on someone the first time they post and all three give extreme passive aggressive messages to the brand new SS member? I had it happen to me, and saw it happen to others the first time they posted. What do you think about that? Isn't that kind of a sick way for people here to get their jollies?

And then proceed to argue in long drawn out posts that the person doesn't know the meaning of "passive aggressive"?
Yeah having fun and cracking some jokes is good but the line between it being fun/mean is blurred :notsure:

Reactions: NodusTollens, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Disappointered and 1 other person
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Oh yes goodpersoneffed wanted us to name these people. These are bullies, but apparently have been here long enough to get away with it.
Did mods not do anything about it?

Reactions: NodusTollens, ecmnesia and Meditation guide
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
if you want to, give the community an idea of what to look out for
you mean doing a thread warning users about their behavior?

i can see a lot of what's described there in my personal experience. I've considered warning the mods, but truth be told I was stupid enough to interact with this user mostly on other platforms, so I'm not sure that'd be enough to report this person.

a little warning, from experience: never under any circumstances, unless you are really familiar with whomever you are talking to, start talking to anyone through other's platforms. I did it, and completely discourage it. don't share photos, don't do calls, don't disclose any kind of personal information. i know that might be obvious, but i am dumb and lonely, so when I saw someone allegedly in pain, asking for help, my natural reaction was trying to help. I regret it, but what it's done, it's done. Please just do not make the same mistakes i did.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, NodusTollens, Silvermorning and 8 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020

i can see a lot of what's described there in my personal experience. I've considered warning the mods, but truth be told I was stupid enough to interact with this user mostly on other platforms, so I'm not sure that'd be enough to report this person.

a little warning, from experience: never under any circumstances, unless you are really familiar with whomever you are talking to, start talking to anyone through other's platforms. I did it, and completely discourage it. don't share photos, don't do calls, don't disclose any kind of personal information. i know that might be obvious, but i am dumb and lonely, so when I saw someone allegedly in pain, asking for help, my natural reaction was trying to help. I regret it, but what it's done, it's done. Please just do not make the same mistakes i did.
Damn that's sad, we on this platform just wanting to meet some potential friends but there's enemies that are always looking to get us :notsure: im sorry you had such a bad experience:(

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, ecmnesia and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
i am dumb and lonely, so when I saw someone allegedly in pain, asking for help, my natural reaction was trying to help.
The old poor me pity me help me ploy. Sucks in lonely and genuine people all the time. You can end up in a never ending routine of trying to fix things for someone like this while they sit back munching on popcorn watching you jump through hoops for them. Or they end up directing insults at you.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, Silvermorning, botanormal and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

Sure, or in this thread, if you want to warn others. You don't have to if that's not what you want to do.

Well, if they turned pro-life on you, then I personally would think it's enough to report the message to the mods.

It doesn't matter what you did or how you got reeled in, a manipulator is going to want the person to feel responsible or embarrassed for their part in it, they rely on that so they can get away with it. Why it's important to tell the mods is to potentially prohibit them from doing that to any other members, however, that's not your responsibility, either. I'm not trying to pressure you, I respect your choice either way. You don't have to take on responsibility to rescue or protect others, and you don't have to take on the vulnerability of doing that and risking being doubted or vilified if you don't feel strong enough to stand up in the face of it, it's hard, so you have to want to do it, not do it because someone else wants you to. You come first. Even if you can see the pattern, see how you got lured in, and can better protect yourself going forward, to me that's a huge win. I'm sorry you went through it and that other members have gone through it, sending empathy and compassion.

when I saw someone allegedly in pain, asking for help, my natural reaction was trying to help.

This. This is what my signature warns about. Thank you for sharing it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, NodusTollens, Silvermorning and 2 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
You can end up in a never ending routine of trying to fix things for someone like this while they sit back munching on popcorn watching you jump through hoops for them. Or they end up directing insults at you.
exactly. it's shame i only understood this after being dismissed several times. at last I started to notice how he acted and talked, always making it about him. saying things like "you are the only one I can talk to and feel comfortable with". I wish I haven't erased the messages honestly.

edit: he said that as a way to discourage me from cbt. telling me multiple times that i should try and talk with my parents about my feelings even though I told him many times that my abusive parents do not understand how to have a proper conversation. many times he would take something i said about cbt and go on like "i just don't do it cause that be selfish to my mother" or "my brother did the same thing, he did not care for me when he tried cbt"... and so it goes.
Sure, or in this thread, if you want to warn others. You don't have to if that's not what you want to do.

Well, if they turned pro-life on you, then I personally would think it's enough to report the message to the mods.

It doesn't matter what you did or how you got reeled in, a manipulator is going to want the person to feel responsible or embarrassed for their part in it, they rely on that so they can get away with it. Why it's important to tell the mods is to potentially prohibit them from doing that to any other members, however, that's not your responsibility, either. I'm not trying to pressure you, I respect your choice either way. You don't have to take on responsibility to rescue or protect others, and you don't have to take on the vulnerability of doing that and risking being doubted or vilified if you don't feel strong enough to stand up in the face of it, it's hard, so you have to want to do it, not do it because someone else wants you to. You come first. Even if you can see the pattern, see how you got lured in, and can better protect yourself going forward, to me that's a huge win. I'm sorry you went through it and that other members have gone through it, sending empathy and compassion.

This. This is what my signature warns about. Thank you for sharing it.
don't worry. i don't feel pressured to, but i think that, if it's useful, it would do no harm warning others. i don't want vulnerable users to go through the same.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
We get our share of pro lifers but we also get "pro deathers." I've had run ins with both and they're equally annoying.
So are pro deathers people that harass users who don't don't die after saying they're going to die in a thread?

Reactions: NodusTollens and LostSoul101
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I go on a case by case basis. I don't have an agenda

Reactions: Homecoming, Silvermorning, ecmnesia and 1 other person
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
So are pro deathers people that harass users who don't don't die after saying they're going to die in a thread?

I'm curious about "pro-deathers" as well. I view this as one of those SS urban legends; I've never seen any concrete evidence of this happening in all the months I've been a member of this site. I've witnessed many people in varying threads lament about "pro-death" users, yet not one person has offered any substantive examples of such behavior. I'm not saying it never happens- just that I see it mentioned fairly often on here with no actual evidence to demonstrate its existence.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Robyn, Silvermorning and 1 other person
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I'm curious about "pro-deathers" as well. I view this as one of those SS urban legends; I've never seen any concrete evidence of this happening in all the months I've been a member of this site. I've witnessed many people in varying threads lament about "pro-death" users, yet not one person has offered any substantive examples of such behavior. I'm not saying it never happens- just that I see it mentioned fairly often on here with no actual evidence to demonstrate it.
It's definitely interesting, bigfoot meets jonestown cultists, but to be serious, I hope that there aren't people actively running around like that.

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, Silvermorning and muffin222
Y

yabadabadoo

Nov 17, 2020
Don't you just hate the pro-lifers, always trying to take that moral and emotional stand to be pro life. I think it is part ignorance.

Reactions: ecmnesia
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
So many here are eager to ctb there is no need to encourage anyone. I haven't even seen anyone saying something like "should I ctb or shouldn't I?" People have their minds made up to do it already.

Another Day

Another Day

Sep 25, 2020
I probably can be considered pro life for others lately. The fact is that my severe depression phase passed, so I unconsciously try to said "good things" here in SS with afraid of get bad again -_-
Sorry if I hurt someone here.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I think it is part ignorance.
What makes it so sinister is that they lie. They call members of this site murderers. They say we encourage people to kill themselves and they say we attack people here when they say they have changed their minds. If what they are doing is so noble why do they need to lie?

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, NodusTollens, ecmnesia and 2 others
Aurora

Aurora

Nov 1, 2020
It reminds of the Child Free site on Reddit that has smug parents lurking on it. I have no idea why they bother to go on sites which go against their ideals.

Reactions: NodusTollens and ecmnesia
L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
I see that a lot on here and I'm confused by it. Whether someone goes through with it or not is their choice, hence we are pro-choice, and we support their choice whatever it is. I have seen a lot of users belittle ones who post saying they are afraid to go through with it. We ought to provide support and comfort no matter what their choice is, not bully them into doing it because they said they would. Those types of posts give pro-lifers solid evidence that this forum encourages people to kill themselves.
I'm concerned that the act of *moderating* is very wishy-washy.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Panna
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I see that a lot on here and I'm confused by it.
I haven't seen anyone harass anyone who decides not to go through with it. On the contrary people tell them repeatedly they don't have to go through with it. I've been here since June and not seen one instance of that!
I'm curious about "pro-deathers" as well. I view this as one of those SS urban legends; I've never seen any concrete evidence of this happening in all the months I've been a member of this site. I've witnessed many people in varying threads lament about "pro-death" users, yet not one person has offered any substantive examples of such behavior. I'm not saying it never happens- just that I see it mentioned fairly often on here with no actual evidence to demonstrate its existence.
I agree I've never seen anyone get attacked who doesn't go through with it.

Reactions: Robyn
L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
There was one I posted about in another thread you started, actually, and I keep seeing it. I'm very confused about this forum. That's fine if you haven't seen anything. It's fine if I have. Neither of us is lying about what we have and havent seen.

L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Alright. Have a great day!

Reactions: NodusTollens
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
I don't deny that pro-lifers are out here doing this kind of stuff and maybe I'm just really stupid or not looking in the right threads, but I haven't really seen any people acting like this. Then again though their posts could be getting reported/deleted before I get a chance to see them or this could all be happening in private messages...

This

Reactions: Nyxtus
Another Day

Another Day

Sep 25, 2020
What ever I said or wrote that made me be labeled as a pro-lifer then I did something wrong. Me and Bea were friends and nothing more. Our first conversation we talked about our guns because both of us bought Glock's. And I was with her on all of her attempts and not once did I tell her not to shoot her self. I supported whatever decision she made. We both discussed what location that we were going to aim. I have a Glock 9mm with hollow point bullets. I'm planning to use that gun for my final exit. I have been on medications, therapy, ECT treatments and made the decision to use a gun to end my self. If I came off as being against pro choice that was definitely not my intention. I came to SS because I was trying to figure out which method would be best for me. I didn't even know about the chat room. Everyone can think what they want and i am not here to try to convince anyone. All I can tell y'all is that I am not pro life. I believe that it is an individual decision and. It's not my place to tell someone what they should do. Bea told me that she didn't want to be alone and asked if I could be available by phone and I said yes. We had similar upbringing and both of us had parents that committed suicide. I don't believe she would want me to be available for all her suicide attempts if I was a pro-life..That was my first time to be with someone who was attempting suicide and basically all I did was listen when ever she needed to talk and I never was against any decision she made. Luckily I have 2 people that believe that I am pro choice. and not a troll and these 2 individuals are well respected. I have all the text from Bea. What ever I did to turn everyone against me has been difficult for me but luckily I have a few that believes I am pro choice and not a fake. But I was lucky to meet a few people that have supported me..
@fishes48 what?
That was by accident Sorry

Last edited:
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
There are also demoralisation trolls here. For example , I just posted helpful info for others about my successful SN delivery YESTERDAY. And then this person psts in my thread - "it won't get through, they've clamped down". Which is blatantly and demonstrably false; i've just posted i got mine yesterday. All kinds of sinister types here.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, NodusTollens, Nyxtus and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
And then this person psts in my thread - "it won't get through, they've clamped down". Which is blatantly and demonstrably false;
Lying is the weapon they use. If you have to lie about something maybe what you're doing is wrong.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
I don't know. I have a unique view on the whole topic. I think one can still disagree with taking your own life, but still respect the person's decision to do it. TBH I don't want anyone here to take their life, but that's contradictory because I want to do the same. So I'd say I'm neutral live or die, I can't tell you what to do--true pro choice. I have friends that disagree with suicide but would still allow choice (They are just a rarity in society.)
My point being that some people can differentiate personal opinion and choice. Sadly most can't.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Sinkinshyp, NodusTollens and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
. TBH I don't want anyone here to take their life
This indicates a lack of empathy for how others are feeling and the terrible situations they are in. Unless you mean you wish their lives were bearable. I'm sure you can realize others have unbearable suffering? How would you suggest their suffering can end? Any ideas?

Reactions: Homecoming
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
This indicates a lack of empathy for how others are feeling and the terrible situations they are in. Unless you mean you wish their lives were bearable. I'm sure you can realize others have unbearable suffering? How would you suggest their suffering can end? Any ideas?
Dude. Chill. I have severe depression also. I stated I also want to end my life. I just wish other people didn't have to. I understand people's and respect people's choice to die, but isn't an happy occasion. I've lost some friends on here, and I know they're not suffering anymore but it doesn't mean I don't get sad as fuck about it.
I still have human emotions despite being mentally ill.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Sinkinshyp, NodusTollens and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Dude. Chill. I have severe depression also. I stated I also want to end my life. I just wish other people didn't have to. I understand people's and respect people's choice to die, but isn't an happy occasion. I've lost some friends on here, and I know they're not suffering anymore but it doesn't mean I don't get sad as fuck about it.
I still have human emotions despite being mentally ill.
Ok I guess I misunderstood.

H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
I
I mean are you saying you're happy when people take their lives? I'm pro-choice in all things really, like abortion, is it a happy thing? No. not all. But that person felt it was necessary, maybe the momma was living in poverty, or would have died with the child. I can empathize because I'm the same point when it comes to CTB, and I support their decision, but to wish things could have happened another way is human nature. I wish my life didn't end in suicide but it will. and I feel equal parts grief and peace about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Panna, Sinkinshyp and NodusTollens