bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Time to drink. Only an alcoholic understands that drunken state that seems to stop time for a few seconds and mitigate pain and suffering. Many times I buy in supermarkets and then I drink but today I am going to a tavern where I can be calm while I drink my usual two or three liters of beer. I've been like this for years, but I'm so depressed that I don't care about gaining weight. I know my waiter looks at me and gives me some talk because I almost always drink alone. It is a lively, Irish-style tavern with a wide variety of beers and lots of cheerful people on Fridays or Saturdays. I envy them. Young people who have just left university and are going to have dinner and drinks, despite the situation that awaits them in the future, make jokes and laugh. I drink and look at them with some envy, missing my student drunkenness, always with friends and with anecdotes to tell. Now I go alone because my way of drinking is very similar to that of the English (that's what they tell me, I don't want to offend) drink a lot and fast. Now I'll be alone with my beer. Drinking fast and feeling it hit the head. Then I'll go home, take my medication, and wait until noon to sleep.

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, GenesAndEnvironment, reticen and 1 other person