• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kore

Kore

Lonely in a room full of people…
Nov 2, 2023
I'm probably talking to the right people here when I say escapism is a great thing.

What kinda ways do you 'escape' from reality for a while?

I personally throw myself headfirst into something that I'll be addicted to every waking moment until I'm bored of it, usually a new game. Sometimes I 'wake up' for a sec and realize how pointless everything is, then chide myself for remembering reality and dive back into whatever game or book or Netflix series I'm obsessing over.

I sometimes get scared of time passing. How fast it moves. Suddenly it's almost midnight and time to sleep already when it was 8am only 10 minutes ago. On those nights, sometimes I'll stop myself thinking about time and just push through all night and through the next day, until I basically pass out from exhaustion. I've pulled so many all nighters in my life I couldn't even fathom a guess on how many.

Waking up from sleep seems to be the worst time of the day. Your mind is currently empty and the first thoughts are how bad things are. Get up, make a drink, then dive into escapism and don't come out for as long as you can. Because in your book, in your game, you are not in the real world. You're no longer in your unwanted body, in your unwanted situation, instead you're somewhere else - free of suffering and pain and hopelessness.

Escapism just may be the worst thing that's happened to people with mental health issues, because there's no point in tryng to help yourself when you can just escape it all, right?

While I don't encourage drugs of any kind, can confirm escapism is much more enjoyable with a joint. Can usually get through solid 2-hour chunks of time without any of the bad thoughts breaking through, then when they do I smoke another joint and get back to escaping.

I wonder if I would be a successful millionaire if I had spent all my hours of escapism on trying to better myself? Eh who knows. For now I'm gonna game for the next 14 hours and forget the world.

Can I get three cheers for escapism.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Escapism is definitely helpful when knowing that life is meaningless. I'd say it'd be a sort of nihilistic related thing since you drift off and believe nothing has meaning.

I personally use the nihilistic thought train to escape from reality. It is very helpful and it can induce a sense of calmness when needed.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Kore

Kore

Lonely in a room full of people…
Nov 2, 2023
T
Escapism is definitely helpful when knowing that life is meaningless. I'd say it'd be a sort of nihilistic related thing since you drift off and believe nothing has meaning.

I personally use the nihilistic thought train to escape from reality. It is very helpful and it can induce a sense of calmness when needed.
Thats interesting, though I'd probably say the opposite - I use escapism to forget that everything is meaningless. When I begin going down the nihilistic train of thought, remembering that life is pointless, my mood plummets and idk what to do with myself

• Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン