Arachnid_Antichrist

Arachnid_Antichrist

Probably a Philosophical Eldritch Being
Jul 2, 2023
Does anybody believe in an afterlife? If so, what do you think that the afterlife would be like? Which afterlife do you think that you are going to?

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, Praestat_Mori, AShipinthedark and 4 others
GreenGlassDoor

GreenGlassDoor

life is but a dream
Oct 25, 2023
I wish there was. I really wish we had souls or some metaphysical life after death. But our thoughts, our feelings, everything we consider to be real, is just a complex chemical reaction and the work of billions of years of evoloution. While I'd love to get another life after this one -whether reincarnation, bliss, or damnation- I cannot make myself belive in such a thing. When you die blood stops going to the brain, the neurons stop fireing, and nothings left. Just a body, everything someone knew about you its lost to time, the nuron patterns are gone. But maybe im wrong -in fact I hope I am. Only one way to find out.

Upvote 0
E

Endofit

Get me out of here
Jan 19, 2024
I don't believe in an afterlife but I believe in the soul. A soul that gets somewhere else, somehow after we die. It could be an electrical thing that can go pretty much anywhere at any point in time. Or that goes back to some kind of bigger energy. Or just goes nowhere and stop existing as we pass away. I indeed wish there was some kind of peaceful place we go to. But I doubt it.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Upvote 0
Q

Quotable2793

Jan 22, 2024
I am not sure about anything after death, but what I would like to be after is probably some kind of heaven where you can create happy moments of your life and live through them again as if was happening right now, enjoy that moments, or some kind of place where everybody is happy, something like shire from lord of the rigns... a good place, plenty of food, dancing, drinking, singing enjoying that... or some simulation where you can create whatever you want :D yeah pretty much impossible but it would be great.
That sounds really nice :) I love Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Also the choose your own heaven thing. I've thought of that too. A reality where you could do whatever you want. Either that or reincarnation would be great. Being born as someone without debilitating mental illness would be great.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Upvote 0
J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I haven't seen any evidence to support the assertion that there is a post-life existence, where you become an entity which somehow continues your experiences of your physical existence. Once we die I think there is pure nothingness. Plan on that. 🤔

Upvote 0
H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
I was a very strong believer once. Like really. But nowadays I'm not whatsoever. I believe it's just another thing men came up with to deal with inevitability of death. We think there's another life after this life and it makes it easier to go on.
But when I did believe I thought I was gonna be in some sort of personal hell for me. And I think it'd be a loop I'd be stuck in. Like in Groundhog Day. I'd be stuck in one day relieving getting news of my dad passing away and having to witness how animals get tortured by humans or something. I'd have to relieve this huge a mound of pain over and over and over again. Non stop.
That's terrifying.

Upvote 0