L

LittleMonkey

Aug 13, 2020
Feels to me that the only purpose of our intelligence is to realize how utterly disappointing and pathetic this world is. Life is the only thing that gives this stinking pile of wasted potential some semblance of worthiness, albeit with tragic consequences for life itself. I believe, however, that we are not condemned to be here for eternity, and after awhile everything and everyone returns to sweet slumber, forgetting this nightmare ever existed. So cheer up, you are the only thing that means something, doesn't matter how pointless that meaning is.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Tmbass, Forever Sleep, pthnrdnojvsc and 4 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I can fully understand your viewpoint and frustration(s). BUT on the other side of the coin, there is also a beautiful sunrise and a shimmering sunset to enjoy.

Yes, I am 66 and have had a hell of a lot of negative experiences in life, cancer, car crash, cheating ex-wife, virtually every mental health issues, a completely crappy childhood, 2 attempts, 72 hour holds, one gets it and still, when I hop on SS and feel the love, warmth and community it helps remind me that I am something and that we are all together in this.

I truly feel your complete disillusion with maybe life, this planet, etc... BUT you are being a good friend to me, makes me want to make sure that you try and feel love and happiness on SS and life, at least a little, as I consider everyone here not only family but so integral in the framework of true existence.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: LittleMonkey, Forever Sleep and Rainy_days
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The way that you see life makes lots of sense. The reality is that all that life is, is just an useless consequence of evolution that never needed to exist. The only reason as to why so much emphasis is placed on something so pointless and purposeless as life is because existing beings have the ability to be conscious and aware, to me it truly is such a curse having the ability to even exist in the first place as something so burdensome as existing will just inevitably lead to unnecessary suffering being experienced.

Existence certainly is the true problem, and just the fact that life is even able to exist disgusts me, it's awful to think how this cycle of endless torment will continue to repeat as new life is brought here all for no purpose other than to suffer, deteriorate and die. I admire those who refuse to delay their inevitable fate and of course the only thought that could ever be close to a relief for me is the thought of returning to the ideal state of non existence where we won't even have the awareness that we are dead.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleMonkey and Suicidebydeath