• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
This is the first weekend I have off since Nov.

I already have a hard time filling my time as it is. Now, I have to survive 2 days without working which means I have to find a way to fill my time for two whole days.

It'll be a challenge but an easy enough one to overcome.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
If you don't have any extra cash, you can soak in a hot tub (most people are so busy that even the time for a shower is begrudged). You can reread a favorite book or watch a favorite movie. Youcan peruse the local library and may discover some interesating books, movies, newspapers, or magazines. If you do have cash the sky is the limit.

You might consider some activities you have not tried or not tried in a long time like bowling, pool, going for a drive, or treating yourself to a nice restaurant. You might even visit a church you are unfamiliar with just for the experience.

Good luck.

L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
You get people who cant be by themselves, they always need company, i am referring to people in general. Then you get people who spent years alone.
When you alone, you have to deal with thoughts, which can be a problem, but they are just thoughts. Maybe you need a hobby, or just watch something on you-tube, there are a lot of documentaries on there.

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

Oct 24, 2019
If you don't have any extra cash, you can soak in a hot tub (most people are so busy that even the time for a shower is begrudged). You can reread a favorite book or watch a favorite movie. Youcan peruse the local library and may discover some interesating books, movies, newspapers, or magazines. If you do have cash the sky is the limit.

You might consider some activities you have not tried or not tried in a long time like bowling, pool, going for a drive, or treating yourself to a nice restaurant. You might even visit a church you are unfamiliar with just for the experience.

Good luck.
Thank you. I'm trying to stay in to save money, among other things. You are right that I should get out more. Damn covid. I don't know what's open and when anymore.

There are a bunch of books I can read whether for studying or not.

You get people who cant be by themselves, they always need company, i am referring to people in general. Then you get people who spent years alone.
When you alone, you have to deal with thoughts, which can be a problem, but they are just thoughts. Maybe you need a hobby, or just watch something on you-tube, there are a lot of documentaries on there.
I spent so much time alone it's being with people that gets to me. It's not the thoughts, per se, it's more of the boredom and anhedonia. Luckily, those have both decreased over the past week.

So far, I've watched Tokyo Ghoul and taken a nap while waiting for the drier to finish my laundry. The thing is slow.

L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
Thank you. I'm trying to stay in to save money, among other things. You are right that I should get out more. Damn covid. I don't know what's open and when anymore.

There are a bunch of books I can read whether for studying or not.

I spent so much time alone it's being with people that gets to me. It's not the thoughts, per se, it's more of the boredom and anhedonia. Luckily, those have both decreased over the past week.

So far, I've watched Tokyo Ghoul and taken a nap while waiting for the drier to finish my laundry. The thing is slow.
I see. Yes, doing chores can also help.

Personally, I read, and write letters.

wolf.

Reactions: WhiteDespair
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

Oct 24, 2019
I see. Yes, doing chores can also help.

Personally, I read, and write letters.

wolf.
I used to write as well. It was a hobby that I used to like. I haven't given it a fair shot in a while.

Reactions: Sensei
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
I used to write as well. It was a hobby that I used to like. I haven't given it a fair shot in a while.
Maybe you should be looking into writing again, it is a good way of expressing yourself, and letting go of things.

wolf.

Reactions: WhiteDespair
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

Oct 24, 2019
Maybe you should be looking into writing again, it is a good way of expressing yourself, and letting go of things.

wolf.
After I stopped drinking caffeine for Lent I lost my muse. I'd have to force myself to do something which could be a neat little challenge. I am talented at it.

• Love
Reactions: luten