• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Flau

Flau

destroyed
Dec 30, 2019
I've noticed recently I've been not really myself.

I don't know it's just... Kind of like... Out of body experience? But hey hold on not that, don't go away just yet---
I meant that mentally I feel overwhelmed but disattached from my own body and my body is oversensly sensitive.

My body gets way too scared because of noise, let it be hard rain, door slam, voices, dishware noise - i can feel like my brain just freezes there for a couple of seconds when this happens.

You guys know how's it's like when some noise/touch wakes you up JUST as ypu are about to fall asleep? (Not fully asleep yet)

That is almost exactly how it feels.

So there's that.
But mentally i seriously feel like I'm no in control of my own body. I feel overwhelmed by everything. I'm in awe of the most random things throughout the day.
I'm seeing specific light technique on an artwork - I'm mesmerised
I'm listening to a random song - I tear up.
I'm looking at a random idea - I get triggered and angry.
I'm seeing crossed out names on SS - I'm terrified.

And plenty more examples. I feel like my mashed potato brain is messed up a lil bit.

The hell can I do about it...?
Yeah i guess um it's not that common

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Luchs
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
If you are on edge or feeling on a hair trigger, you can experiment with various things to try to induce greater calm.

Some find exercise actually relaxing. Others find a particular piece of music to induce a relaxed state. Some find the vascular dilation of a soak in a warm tub to help.

A reduction of caffeine might be helpful or investigating supplements like GABA or SAMe and nutrition.

Thee are noise reduction headphones that might be useful also.

• Love
Reactions: Flau
M

mossyfox

Student
Aug 4, 2021
sensory overload? our brains normally filter out most of the information our senses pick up because it's way too much for us to handle at once. what you're describing makes me think of what it would be like if our brain was trying to process all sensory data at the same time. intense and overwhelming. no space for you to feel like 'you'. just a passenger in your body.

does this seem like the problem? try blocking your senses off, eyes, ears, nose, see if it helps?