Nights

Nights

Student
Apr 27, 2023
I was thinking and, what if suicide isn't the end? before we was born, we didn't exist, we was unaware, no suffering, just nothing, so when we go to that state of "nothing" time will pass like a second even if it'll take billions of gazillions of years, it will just be 1 second before we are bring to life again because there's just infinity time, what guarantees us we won't be back to life? this thought scares the shit out of me, i hope humans erase the existence of every atom in this universe somehow

Reactions: Le_Dauphin, mesofraternity, Watlock and 4 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
There aren't any guarantees- no. What makes you think you'll be 'you' though and aware of what you've already been through? Hopefully, there's just nothing after death but if the universe does like to recycle- maybe the bits it uses- atoms, life force, souls- whatever don't actually contain our memories/ personalities (hopefully.) So- you'll just be a different person maybe or a caterpillar or leaf or something with no memory/ knowledge of who you are now. Who knows though? We're really at the mercy of the universe ultimately- nothing we can do but find out ourselves...

Reactions: The anhedonic one and Darkover
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just believe that once we lose consciousness, that's it for us, we are gone, there's just nothingness for all eternity, to me any other theories are just fictional, we are only destined for nothing and nowhere, existing is only just waiting to die, and the thought of being completely unaware for all eternity is the only comfort in such a hellish existence.

Reactions: Darkover
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
If energy is infinitely recycled in the universe , I think it's impossible to stay dead forever.In the next existence we will be someone else, with other memories, but in a way we will still be the same.

You are not the same as when you were 5 years old, but you are still the same.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I so very much hope that there is absolutely nothing after death.

If there is then I will be extremely annoyed to say the least.

P

peaceindeath

I want peace
May 5, 2023
I was thinking and, what if suicide isn't the end? before we was born, we didn't exist, we was unaware, no suffering, just nothing, so when we go to that state of "nothing" time will pass like a second even if it'll take billions of gazillions of years, it will just be 1 second before we are bring to life again because there's just infinity time, what guarantees us we won't be back to life? this thought scares the shit out of me, i hope humans erase the existence of every atom in this universe somehow
You could become an insect. That's not a painful life

Nights

Nights

Student
Apr 27, 2023
Time is a man-made creation.
Yes that's true, but objectively in order for evolution to happen, and we humans exist, there was an incredible amount of time needed for the universe to produce us, so with enough time, we was made, if there's just infinity or long time enough, there's a possibility that we are brought to existence againk

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yes that's true, but objectively in order for evolution to happen, and we humans exist, there was an incredible amount of time needed for the universe to produce us, so with enough time, we was made, if there's just infinity or long time enough, there's a possibility that we are brought to existence againk
We all believe what we want to believe. I hope everything works out the way you want it.