zombiegirl

zombiegirl

the living dead
Aug 17, 2023
always been shit, at least society/culture wise, but lately its like everything is crashing down and blowing up in our faces, i wonder how much suicide rates will go up in the next few years

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kunikuzushi, angelus, DrinkyCrow and 9 others
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
I was just about to say, until I opened the post. It has always been shit, just different flavors of shit. Sometimes the shit is consistent across time, like the various existential questions/philosophical ideas, the human condition, etc. Others are merely temporary products of an era.

But yes, things certainly do seem to be heating up for our time. I'm actually surprised world war 3 hasn't kicked off yet or a major economy collapse worse than 2008 (like seriously, how the fuck is the global economy still functioning?!).

• Hugs
Reactions: angelus, destinationlosangel, lovelesslifeless and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
human beings are just naturally shitty to each other. More specifically, we are ruthlessly and brutally competitive. This seems to be reflected in human history

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hollowman, annique, angelus and 6 others
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
It's true.
The question is never: "Will there be a crisis?" But the question is always: "When will there be a crisis?"

The world is currently a powder keg and unfortunately the forecasts do not look good.
Religious wars, cultural wars, racial wars, economic crisis, climate crisis...etc.

In times of crisis, extreme groups grow stronger because people look for a chance to solve problems in this way.

Generally, I do not expect a peaceful solution to problems.
Fortunately, this will no longer be my problem ;).

• Love
Reactions: Hollowman, angelus, landslide2 and 2 others
T

Trav1989

Student
Jun 2, 2024
I was just about to say, until I opened the post. It has always been shit, just different flavors of shit. Sometimes the shit is consistent across time, like the various existential questions/philosophical ideas, the human condition, etc. Others are merely temporary products of an era.

But yes, things certainly do seem to be heating up for our time. I'm actually surprised world war 3 hasn't kicked off yet or a major economy collapse worse than 2008 (like seriously, how the fuck is the global economy still functioning?!).
I hate to say it but maybe what we actually need as a species to right our wrongs is a global nuclear war to get people to actually work together instead of being selfish, egotistical nutcases.

Reactions: Hollowman, AllTheseQuestions and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I hate to say it but maybe what we actually need as a species to right our wrongs is a global nuclear war to get people to actually work together instead of being selfish, egotistical nutcases.
My mom said today that shes afraid World War 3 is coming. I said maybe we need it. As terrible as it sounds
Social Media is just exposing how shitty everything really is. I do feel like people are becoming more selfish and Egostistical though

• Love
Reactions: Trav1989, Reflection, chester and 1 other person
destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Experienced
Feb 16, 2024
Yeah 100%. Earlier I would feel so worried about things. These days, its more like I dont even care. I just feel sorry for the poor people who think that all the new advancements are gonna come and save humanity. More like enslave us even further.

Reactions: Hollowman and divinemistress36
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
That may end up just making things worse. We are naturally tribalistic. A global war, nuclear or not, will likely only unite individual nations; even then, there will be divisions and internal conflict (think of France during WW2 and the various resistance groups with different political agendas). Groups will look to take advantage of the situation. Some ideologies desire a nuclear war so they can rebuild the world in their image.

Humans can't help being what they are, we are a product of evolution. Many have formed ideals as to what humanity could be or what it should strive to be, but they always fall flat once it's played out in practice. All living things are selfish (egoistic), i.e. acting in ones own self-interest, even if they are outwardly selfless and altruistic; "if the compassionate does not dry the tears of others, is he happy? And if the hardhearted alleviates the sufferings of others, is he satisfied?" - Philipp Mainländer. One will do as they do because they selfishly need to do so. For the "compassionate," they will dry the tears of others because they are internally driven to do so. It's in their own self-interest to do it, and they'd suffer if they acted otherwise. Likewise for the hardhearted individual, they will not do so because it's in their best interest to not concern themselves with such matters. Selfishness is not necessarily a bad thing. We'd be awful at being living beings if we weren't looking out for our own self-interests. But it can be problematic when one's self-interests compromise another's. Unfortunately, with the way the world works it's very difficult to avoid doing that.

But I get what you're trying to say, pardon my mini lecture lmao. I wish we could be different, too. I simply don't see it happening without a mix of genetic engineering and extreme restructuring of society. Perhaps a nuclear war would bring about the latter, but the former can end up going about a thousand different ways and is not guaranteed to usher in utopia; it very well might end up being used as a tool of capitalism to further strangle people by the balls, among other nightmarish dystopian scenarios.

Last edited:
Reactions: AllTheseQuestions and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Yeah 100%. Earlier I would feel so worried about things. These days, its more like I dont even care. I just feel sorry for the poor people who think that all the new advancements are gonna come and save humanity. More like enslave us even further.
Or people who think politicians are coming to save them
That may end up just making things worse. We are naturally tribalistic. A global war, nuclear or not, will likely only unite individual nations; even then, there will be divisions and internal conflict (think of France during WW2 and the various resistance groups with different political agendas). Groups will look to take advantage of the situation. Some ideologies desire a nuclear war so they can rebuild the world in their image.

Humans can't help being what they are, we are a product of evolution. Many have formed ideals as to what humanity could be or what it should strive to be, but they always fall flat once it's played out in practice. All living things are selfish (egoistic), i.e. acting in ones own self-interest, even if they are outwardly selfless and altruistic; "if the compassionate does not dry the tears of others, is he happy? And if the hardhearted alleviates the sufferings of others, is he satisfied?" - Philipp Mainländer. One will do as they do because they selfishly need to do so. For the "compassionate," they will dry the tears of others because they are internally driven to do so. It's in their own self-interest to do it, and they'd suffer if they acted otherwise. Likewise for the hardhearted individual, they will not do so because it's in their best interest to not concern themselves with such matters. Selfishness is not necessarily a bad thing. We'd be awful at being living beings if we weren't looking out for our own self-interests. But it can be problematic when one's self-interests compromise another's. Unfortunately, with the way the world works it's very difficult to avoid doing that.

But I get what you're trying to say, pardon my mini lecture lmao. I wish we could be different, too. I simply don't see it happening without a mix of genetic engineering and extreme restructuring of society. Perhaps a nuclear war would bring about the latter, but the former can end up going about a thousand different ways and is not guaranteed to usher in utopia; it very well might end up being used as a tool of capitalism to further strangle people by the balls, among other nightmarish dystopian scenarios.
Well said. I will admit I'm selfish asf but trauma can make you that way. Once you get in a fight or flight mode all the time you are focused on your own survival

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: destinationlosangel and Plato'sCaveDweller
untothedepths

untothedepths

I'm so scared... I'm cold.
Mar 20, 2023
im still baffled by people need to blow each other up who have nothing to do with the central issues. imagine if we didnt have war for five seconds, and spent that money on innovations to combat world hunger and things. waiting for the day the average civilian doesnt have to pay in blood for whatever shitheads are in charge. makes me want off this planet. i hate it. i avoid the news for that reason.

Reactions: divinemistress36
C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
My mom said today that shes afraid World War 3 is coming. I said maybe we need it. As terrible as it sounds
Social Media is just exposing how shitty everything really is. I do feel like people are becoming more selfish and Egostistical though
Not gonna lie, a bright flash and a mushroom cloud over my city would make me smile. If I managed to smile before I evaporate of course.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, Hollowman and Plato'sCaveDweller
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Not gonna lie, a bright flash and a mushroom cloud over my city would make me smile. If I managed to smile before I evaporate of course.
A quick way to die !

• Love
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
norkz

norkz

Jun 28, 2024
I have to agree with you things are getting worse and worse lol and I hate how no one moves a fucking finger to protest or anything

Reactions: landslide2 and divinemistress36
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
everything is getting worse.

but to me the worst part has been in place for decades the extreme suicide prohibition state.

they made nembutal , someone helping u with suicide , sarco, suicide booths, cyanide capsules etc. crimes.

the most important right is the right to be able to move away from pain or suffering in an instant , easy guaranteed way. the affordable technology like nembutal cyanide capsules has been there for decades for anyone to be able to escape extreme torture.

the first thing they did was take away everyones escape the key to the prison door and locked the door of the prison and made it illegal for anyone to help you get out.

i don't see how people can be happy being prisoners etc.

if anyone at least over 18 could buy nembutal or cyianide capsules then they could escape any personal torture and the evil oppressive world too at any time .

the most important right is the right to be able to move away from pain or suffering in an instant , easy guaranteed way. the affordable technology like nembutal cyanide capsules has been there for decades for anyone to be able to escape extreme torture. a bottle with 19 grams of nembutal could be produced for 20 dollars , 3 cyianide capusels 1500 mg for 2 dollars at most a bottle costing again at most $20 which most can get money for as everyone has the more expensive phones and other items. 200 mg cyanide is lethal that could fit in a capsule . why is that not sold ? i would take 1500 to make sure i die quickly . i bought bottle of 30 pills ibuprofen for $1.25 so pills drugs can be produced cheaply .

they made nembutal , someone helping u with suicide , sarco, suicide booths, cyanide capsules etc. crimes.

if anyone at least over 18 could buy nembutal or cyianide capsules then they could escape any personal torture and the evil oppressive world too at any time .

the first thing they did was take away everyones escape the key to the prison door and locked the door of the prison and made it illegal for anyone to help you get out.

i don't see how people can be happy being prisoners etc.

they also demonized all suicide methods as being painful or not reliable except nembutal beause that was being used by the euthanazia organizations so they couldn't demonize Nembutal . but there is conflicting evidence of cyanide being painless or painful . there is conflicting evidence of a shotgun deep in the mouth 45 degrees being not effective which i don't see how that could not be 99.9%

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36 and Hollowman