• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
Well I after a few hours (and a bowl or 2) I finally opened the book. Thought I'd share what I found on the first page :)
20200908 094615

• Love
Reactions: I_love_to_bake
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Is this the conventional twelve steps? im sure it normally talks about giving in to a higher power ?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Is this the conventional twelve steps? im sure it normally talks about giving in to a higher power ?
No. This would be the practical 12 steps. Personally for me, I read the 12 steps and it seemed more like a cult, saying you did wrong and God fixes everything. I didn't do wrong, I had a struggle, everyone does. And I don't believe in God so no way is he fixing anything for me.
No mention of a higher power, that's good.
Number 11 makes me cringe a little, though.
In the indroduction it basically says do what works for you. If you don't want to meditate then dont, find something else to do.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
No. This would be the practical 12 steps. Personally for me, I read the 12 steps and it seemed more like a cult, saying you did wrong and God fixes everything. I didn't do wrong, I had a struggle, everyone does. And I don't believe in God so no way is he fixing anything for me.
Yeah totally agree about the cult bit. AA (or something similar) helps many and thats good.
I found the meetings difficult as i wasnt comfortable talking about just myself for 10 mins, it felt too indulgent and i come to the conclusion that many people simply found a new addiction in AA (which is healthier of course)
Those steps look pretty reasonable and i hope they help you.
No mention of a higher power, that's good.
Number 11 makes me cringe a little, though.
Thats actually a typo its meant to say masturbating (sorry)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Oh brilliant i sometimes refrain with the jokes in case it offends x
I'm typically sensitive to this kind of thing but that really made me laugh lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Mm80
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Dont let my warped sense of humour influence you. Please try meditating first
Idk the latter doesn't seem like such a bad option XD

Seriously though it didnt. I like meditation and I don't much care what people think or say. Sometimes lol
i dont want to make this into a separate thread so ill see if i get some answers here before doing that.

do you guys think its wrong of me to hide my recovery from my husband?

its just i have a personality disorder and if i decide this isnt working out or something i dont want him not letting me i guess. back in school id have guys taking my blades and whatnot.....id really prefer if my husband wouldnt do that but i also cant blame him for caring either

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Idk the latter doesn't seem like such a bad option XD

Seriously though it didnt. I like meditation and I don't much care what people think or say. Sometimes lol
i dont want to make this into a separate thread so ill see if i get some answers here before doing that.

do you guys think its wrong of me to hide my recovery from my husband?

its just i have a personality disorder and if i decide this isnt working out or something i dont want him not letting me i guess. back in school id have guys taking my blades and whatnot.....id really prefer if my husband wouldnt do that but i also cant blame him for caring either
In an ideal world you would share an attempt at recovery with your partner as its healthy.
Do you mean you dont want to alert him that you are struggling because he will take control ? X

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Thats a pretty bad dilemna as your trying to recover but feel that you cannot be open and honest as it will compromise your autonomy. Maybe try to be more assertive about your autonomy?

GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
No more steps! There should just be no more steps!

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Thats a pretty bad dilemna as your trying to recover but feel that you cannot be open and honest as it will compromise your autonomy. Maybe try to be more assertive about your autonomy?
i want to be a drunk. yeah, thatll work lol. if someone cares enough, it would be stupid of them to stand by and watch knowing that its wrong

• Love