• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LibertyLily

Jul 30, 2022
It took me until I was around 23 or 24 to realise what life was really about and it can be summed up in a whole sentence:

Saying and doing what people approve of.

That is literally all there is to it. That is literally how the whole world works, just people saying and doing things that they think will get them ahead.

That's why all the 'geniuses' come from the same schools, all the politicians are the same, etc.

The media, YouTube moguls, social media, it's just the few telling the masses how to think. And the masses are completely taken in by these people.

We are constantly exposed to a fake world of 'american dreams', so-called 'idols' who have been spoonfed their whole lives.

We constantly have their 'success stories' rubbed in our faces, especially when we fail, so that we continue being a pawn of society.

Everyone says or does the same things that everyone else is doing or they are outcast or ostracised by society.

The whole thing is a worse false reality than the Matrix or being in the Truman show because at least what Truman does or says has some impact on the narrative of his life. And at least with the Matrix there is some way to break free without dying.

I am just a side character in somebody else's life.

Everything I do is either rejected or ridiculed. Nothing I do does anything.

Life is just lie with the f off.

Last edited:
Kimlett

Kimlett

Jan 7, 2024
I totally feel you. Currently looking for the patience to handle 40-50 more years of this bs.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Same. The only thing I look forward to in life is the sweet release of death

Done_With_It_All

Done_With_It_All

Mar 15, 2024
Yep, once you realize it, the amount of time you have left goes from being "I only have 50 years left :(" to "I have 50 years to go :("

Reactions: sserafim
assisted

assisted

Student
Jul 7, 2022
It took me until I was around 23 or 24 to realise what life was really about and it can be summed up in a whole sentence:

Saying and doing what people approve of.

That is literally all there is to it. That is literally how the whole world works, just people saying and doing things that they think will get them ahead.

That's why all the 'geniuses' come from the same schools, all the politicians are the same, etc.

The media, YouTube moguls, social media, it's just the few telling the masses how to think. And the masses are completely taken in by these people.

We are constantly exposed to a fake world of 'american dreams', so-called 'idols' who have been spoonfed their whole lives.

We constantly have their 'success stories' rubbed in our faces, especially when we fail, so that we continue being a pawn of society.

Everyone says or does the same things that everyone else is doing or they are outcast or ostracised by society.

The whole thing is a worse false reality than the Matrix or being in the Truman show because at least what Truman does or says has some impact on the narrative of his life. And at least with the Matrix there is some way to break free without dying.

I am just a side character in somebody else's life.

Everything I do is either rejected or ridiculed. Nothing I do does anything.

Life is just lie with the f off.
things changed when truman discovered he was on the truman show

Reactions: sserafim
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I was about 30 before i, I'm gonna say accepted rather than realized... How cruel existence can be, because it's incredibly obvious as a child that life is suffering for those of us who did suffer problems of any sort.
We compromise parts of our wisdom and sanity to fit in and survive. At least that's how I can not very articulately put it in a few words, but some of us get it. You aren't alone and im sorry for whoever reading misery. You are capable of change, suffering does build character, that at least is true, I wouldn't want to be one of those horrible fucks who had a nice easy life and then feels superior to the person born in a web of sticky drama and pain.

Last edited: