Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
There will be too much awareness of my body if I just lay there. All the discomfort that brings. In some ways I fear the part prior to sleeping because of that.
Kind of like what @Jean4 said... as it's a variation

Can you play some like classical music or something and like concentrate on enough that you can alter your breathing/etc a bit, then almost play the song in your head slower and slower until you sleep? almost like a hypnosis / mediation hybrid thing?

It's something I could always do with Pacabel Canon in D

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Yes, but pain is pretty disruptive of the attempt. Sometimes I can get it to work other times just wind up frustrated. Then end up more awake and far from sleeping because I am frustrated. How do you cope with your own insomnia?
Honestly, I am the worst person to ask. I don't deal. I am here all night lol.

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
Kind of like what @Jean4 said... as it's a variation

Can you play some like classical music or something and like concentrate on enough that you can alter your breathing/etc a bit, then almost play the song in your head slower and slower until you sleep? almost like a hypnosis / mediation hybrid thing?

It's something I could always do with Pacabel Canon in D

Nice. I could try it. At worst I am listening to a composer I like. At best I sleep. Middle ground I come back.

Honestly, I am the worst person to ask. I don't deal. I am here all night lol.

That sounds rough. You have likely exhausted every potential solution. I read an interesting thing about how we have conditioned ourselves to sleep, is likely entirely unnatural. That the whole eight hours thing is likely a myth. Thank you both for your time and kindness tonight it has been appreciated.

Reactions: ScienceIsScary and MysticPerception
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Nice. I could try it. At worst I am listening to a composer I like. At best I sleep. Middle ground I come back.

That sounds rough. You have likely exhausted every potential solution. I read an interesting thing about how we have conditioned ourselves to sleep, is likely entirely unnatural. That the whole eight hours thing is likely a myth. Thank you both for your time and kindness tonight it has been appreciated.

Ludovico Einaudi has a lot of good music. He's hated by the classical for "selling out" apparently, but that's what makes his music actually be things that many people like! So I say it's a win.

D

Deleted member 14177

not home
Jan 20, 2020
Oh, tonight is so hard. Fighting myself. So sad. So many tears.

• Hugs
Reactions: MysticPerception and Carina
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
I am back after watching the sonic movie with my mother. She really liked it and I thought it was better than I expected. I came for Jim Carrey and I got Jim Carrey. Also I'm eating more brownies now.

• Love
Reactions: Carina and Jean4
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
My cat keeps asking for brownies he's hovering super hard around me right now. I don't understand why he even wants them I bet he wouldn't even eat them if I gave him a bit.

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
My cat keeps asking for brownies he's hovering super hard around me right now. I don't understand why he even wants them I bet he wouldn't even eat them if I gave him a bit.
Cats and chocolate is a big no.

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Cats and chocolate is a big no.
Yes I know which is why I'm not giving him any no matter how much he asks. I already told him he'd get very sick if he has any but he's not listening.

• Hugs
Reactions: Carina
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Alright it's fucking on now. The brick is awake and fully intoxicated.

• Hugs
Reactions: MysticPerception and Jean4
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Hello everyone who's left on here after a long day,

Sorry I'm so extremely late checking in today.

I woke up late and had a bunch of stuff to get done. Then I made the mistake of going to the mailbox. There was a bunch of stuff in my mailbox that I had to take care of fairly quickly, so that added to all the stuff I had to do. I'm having brain fog and everything else.

Finally got all my stuff done now and had a little dinner. So now I'm back in bed.

How is everyone doing today/tonight/this evening/whatever time it is wherever you are?

• Love
Reactions: voyager, MysticPerception and Carina
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
We missed you!!!
Dang I thought for sure you would say What did you say? again.

I woke up late and had a bunch of stuff to get done. Then I made the mistake of going to the mailbox. There was a bunch of stuff in my mailbox that I had to take care of fairly quickly, so that added to all the stuff I had to do. I'm having brain fog and everything else.

Finally got all my stuff done now and had a little dinner. So now I'm back in bed.

How is everyone doing today/tonight/this evening/whatever time it is wherever you are?
I'm doing okay. Mostly because brownies. Glad to see you made it despite brain fog.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019

You made it, wasn't sure if you were given the time :)

Brain fog definitely sucks!

Oh and fine.... if I could ever remember what day it is consistently

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Pleased to meet you Cecil lol. Do you give hugs when needed?
HI !!! I'm Cecil, jgm63's auto reply bot.
I am AI-based and have been trying to learn appropriate responses from my owner, jgm63.

It seems you are writing a letter !!!!!!

May I be of assistance !?!?

We have 4 template letters available, which I have calculated have a 0.0000000000001 % chance of being applicable to your situation.

TEMPLATE 1 : Letter of resignation for role as head of bell cleaning at St Paul's Cathedral, London
TEMPLATE 2 : Complaint letter to local authority requesting reduction of speed limits on dual carriageways
TEMPLATE 3 : Personal letter to a friend, asking if you can borrow their floor varnishing machine for 9 days while they vacation in Pennsylvania
TEMPLATE 4 : Letter to a newspaper to complain that you were misquoted on quarterly lollipop sales figures for the Western-Virginia region

WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE ANY OF THE ABOVE TEMPLATES ?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 14177

not home
Jan 20, 2020
Thank you for being here

• Love
Reactions: Carina, MysticPerception and Jean4
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
I think I accidentally replaced a meal with popcorn and brownies. That is going to tear me up real good tomorrow lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow, Deleted member 14177 and Carina