BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Omg.... Borders bought the store... changed everything... vacated the place... was shut down, and the original location was demolished... in essence a beautiful bookstore was destroyed.
I do find it sad that the Internet has destroyed all of these brick and mortar bookstores, as well as certain other stores that you used to be able to go to and hang out for hours just browsing. You could waste an entire afternoon going through some of these stores, and you didn't even have to buy anything. These are the type of stores where you could hang out there and look around & the people that work there wouldn't chase you away if you didn't buy something right away.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Carina and MysticPerception
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
I always just buy my books online one at a time. I haven't been in a bookstore in at least 4 years. Though that was a small one so I don't even know if I should count that time.

Reactions: cosmicpixiedust
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
See with books, I ALWAYS wanted to see them, see the condition, etc before I bought it. But now I have to buy them online. I think we may have a bookstore in town, but honestly don't know because I heard it closed, then not, then did then not, it's so confusing.

• Aww..
Reactions: BlueWidow
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
I always just buy my books online one at a time. I haven't been in a bookstore in at least 4 years. Though that was a small one so I don't even know if I should count that time.

I love bookstores, they make me super happy. I usually just browse and buy online but today I'm buying something.
Yeah, that's the only problem with it. You want to buy out half the store!! LOL!!

I'm having a serious problem.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
See with books, I ALWAYS wanted to see them, see the condition, etc before I bought it. But now I have to buy them online. I think we may have a bookstore in town, but honestly don't know because I heard it closed, then not, then did then not, it's so confusing.
Yeah, I have a Kindle and it has a few books on it, but I do like the physical feel of holding a real book, turning the pages, etc.
The main feature I like about the digital books is that some of them have a setting that reads them to you, if you don't feel like reading them. Or I've actually got a couple of books on CD where the author is reading them. Those are kind of interesting to read along with the author as they're reading the book to you.

Reactions: cosmicpixiedust
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Yeah, I have a Kindle and it has a few books on it, but I do like the physical feel of holding a real book, turning the pages, etc.
The main feature I like about the digital books is that some of them have a setting that reads them to you, if you don't feel like reading them. Or I've actually got a couple of books on CD where the author is reading them. Those are kind of interesting to read along with the author as they're reading the book to you.
My coworkers keep on saying how they are reading a lot of books, but they are really doing the "books read to you". I mean yeah it's reading them, but another coworker says she's reading a lot of books, and she has the physical books!

• Love
Reactions: cosmicpixiedust and BlueWidow
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
My coworkers keep on saying how they are reading a lot of books, but they are really doing the "books read to you". I mean yeah it's reading them, but another coworker says she's reading a lot of books, and she has the physical books!
Yes, I wouldn't say listening to a book being read and actually reading it yourself are the same thing.

• Love
Reactions: Carina
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I return and apparently the only person Jean doesn't hate right now is me so I guess I'm doing something right as her valentines lmao. I got my haircut and turned in the sheet successfully. Fingers crossed I still have a job I guess.
How can I hate you when I need to torture you?

• Love
Reactions: MysticPerception
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
How can I hate you when I need to torture you?

I don't know I feel like they could have been worse. Also is torture your form of love? I didn't know Stan liked it that way lol.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I don't know I feel like they could have been worse. Also is torture your form of love? I didn't know Stan liked it that way lol.
Whips, chains and whipped cream. ;)

• Wow
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Whips, chains and whipped cream. ;)
The whipped cream is the ultimate torture for me as I can't even eat it. I guess it could be the coconut kind I can eat that. As for the whips and chains I don't think I'm mentally prepared.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
The whipped cream is the ultimate torture for me as I can't even eat it. I guess it could be the coconut kind I can eat that. As for the whips and chains I don't think I'm mentally prepared.
And my oxygen tubing. ;)

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Nope! Look at it this way. Never again. ;)
Let's hope so. You never know though I might have an accident and wake up with the same mask lol.

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
I told you not to eat my cooking!
and I told you to stay away from the stove in the first place! Seriously it's valentines I'm supposed to cook for you not the other way around. I have to bake some chocolates since you never told me what kind of cookies you wanted.

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
Whoa you bought a lot of books. I'm curious what is in the dinosaurs one as it looks modern.

I know haha I have a problem. :ahhha: I'm excited! It's the second edition and the publication date is from December of last year.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
and I told you to stay away from the stove in the first place! Seriously it's valentines I'm supposed to cook for you not the other way around. I have to bake some chocolates since you never told me what kind of cookies you wanted.
Chocolate chip. Hold the milk.

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Chocolate chip. Hold the milk.
Non dairy chocolate chip cookies taste pretty much the same as ones made with milk anyway but okay. Unless you just mean don't give you a glass of milk as well either or is fine lol. I actually wish I could bake some cookies right now but every store is closed by now I should have gotten some dough when I went out earlier.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Non dairy chocolate chip cookies taste pretty much the same as ones made with milk anyway but okay. Unless you just mean don't give you a glass of milk as well either or is fine lol. I actually wish I could bake some cookies right now but every store is closed by now I should have gotten some dough when I went out earlier.
Non dairy cookies! I want you to have some to!

• Love