MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
Oh boy sister bursts in while I'm eating breakfast and tells me to do the dishes before I head to work. If I had woken up with a mere 30 minutes to go before going she would still say the same thing. Like I don't mind doing them but demanding stuff from me when I already have to be at my job for more than 9 hours is not something I like.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow and Carina
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I'm up. About to take my meds

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow, Root, Carina and 1 other person
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Oh boy sister bursts in while I'm eating breakfast and tells me to do the dishes before I head to work. If I had woken up with a mere 30 minutes to go before going she would still say the same thing. Like I don't mind doing them but demanding stuff from me when I already have to be at my job for more than 9 hours is not something I like.
That sure is annoying!

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Squiddy is trying to kill me by taking her meds!
Oh shit. I forgot we have no more water bottles in the house. I guess I could take it with juice

Reactions: Jean4
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Apparently I'm the kids favorite person right now as they're both sitting on my bed trying to talk to me for the past five minutes. I wish I could tell what they're saying half the time though.

Reactions: LegaliseIt!
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Apparently I'm the kids favorite person right now as they're both sitting on my bed trying to talk to me for the past five minutes. I wish I could tell what they're saying half the time though.
They make more sense than Trump.

• Wow
Reactions: LegaliseIt! and Squiddy
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I had a friggen productive day. 12:26 pm and I got everything done except laundry. Always stuff to do at the real job.... but got the minimum done.

When Moscow Mitch comes on, instead of muting, I will do laundry.

• Love
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, Root, MysticPerception and 1 other person
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I had a friggen productive day. 12:26 pm and I got everything done except laundry. Always stuff to do at the real job.... but got the minimum done.

When Moscow Mitch comes on, instead of muting, I will do laundry.
I can't even watch that stuff... I have issues scrolling down 10 posts on facebook given what some people post there.

• Aww..
Reactions: LegaliseIt!
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
D17573BA B2D5 4643 8449 D496DC34F699

Laundry! I have a portable washer for small loads in my apartment.

Reactions: LegaliseIt!, MysticPerception and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Just fixed a spam issue, fixed 2 problems (they go to fox news, and keep on getting virus/spam popups rofl), setup a new user, and RMA'd a device that I troubleshooted.... also did numerous virus checks on 2 devices....

And unlocked a few people who don't know their password because their name is too hard to remember... like it annoys me that people use their names and it's what the standard is supposed to be... but honestly they get confused at harder ones... we're talking one department's password for a program is..... *drumroll* PASSWORD! They forget it. They asked for it to be something easier.... easier... it's freaking password.... the password is password. it literally tells them on screen.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, Root and MysticPerception
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
I am feeling kind of overwhelmed at the moment. I know I'll be fine after I'm at work for a few hours but the weather change is messing with me so badly. I don't want to deal with anything right now. I just want to curl up under a blanket and stay in bed all day.
Just fixed a spam issue, fixed 2 problems (they go to fox news, and keep on getting virus/spam popups rofl), setup a new user, and RMA'd a device that I troubleshooted.... also did numerous virus checks on 2 devices....

And unlocked a few people who don't know their password because their name is too hard to remember... like it annoys me that people use their names and it's what the standard is supposed to be... but honestly they get confused at harder ones... we're talking one department's password for a program is..... *drumroll* PASSWORD! They forget it. They asked for it to be something easier.... easier... it's freaking password.... the password is password. it literally tells them on screen.
How do you even manage to forget that? The only easier password is just numbers going up.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, Jean4 and Rhyme
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I am feeling kind of overwhelmed at the moment. I know I'll be fine after I'm at work for a few hours but the weather change is messing with me so badly. I don't want to deal with anything right now. I just want to curl up under a blanket and stay in bed all day.

How do you even manage to forget that? The only easier password is just numbers going up.
Some have 12345.... I've had to reset that too....
seriously... not joking.... I swear I have no idea how they know how to breathe.
Some have their birthdays.... forgotten....
Some picked their dogs name.... forgotten...

• Wow
Reactions: LegaliseIt! and MysticPerception
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
seriously... not joking.... I swear I have no idea how they know how to breathe.
Apparently they need to attend a class on making passwords they won't forget. Not sure how you manage to forget such simple stuff and still have a job in that field.

Rhyme

Rhyme

Sleep now and carry on into the black of the night
Jan 18, 2020

Ughhhh IT. I hate being my family's tech support guru and that's just 4 people... I love tech but these stories... Would drive me up a wall.

They should give paid time off for that I swear.

• Hugs
Reactions: Carina and MysticPerception
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Wow. Just wait until they reach the next level where they have the password on a sticky note glued to their monitor and still forget it.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
So my mom complains I'd I don't reuse my towel for showers....ok didn't shower today.....but.....

View attachment 25251

This is my favorite towel...the purple one....I used it once....it has her footprints on it

She's giong to hang it up for me to dry off again with... it's also covering where the dog crapped on the floor
D4238019 36EA 4EB5 9206 86E19B016FFF

Good morning everyone,

My favorite towel is purple too, @Carina. It would drive me crazy if someone threw it on the floor and then expected me to use it afterward. How rude & inconsiderate!

Glad you have been so productive today @Jean4. Sorry to hear about everyone who is having a bad day. Hugs to all of you! :hug:

I can't really tell how I'm doing right now because I'm still not totally awake. However, I came on here at a little after 1 AM to bump up Stan's thread. Then I went to bed and actually got 8 hours of straight, uninterrupted sleep. Of course, I still feel tired, because I always feel tired, but it's still better to get sleep than not, even if it never does anything to make me feel refreshed the next morning.

• Love
Reactions: Root, MysticPerception and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Wow. Just wait until they reach the next level where they have the password on a sticky note glued to their monitor and still forget it.
Yeah.... 'bout that......

(yep, they have it there, yes, they have, not a lot, but 2)
View attachment 25262

Good morning everyone,

My favorite towel is purple too, @Carina. It would drive me crazy if someone threw it on the floor and then expected me to use it afterward. How rude & inconsiderate!

Glad you have been so productive today @Jean4. Sorry to hear about everyone who is having a bad day. Hugs to all of you! :hug:

I can't really tell how I'm doing right now because I'm still not totally awake. However, I came on here at a little after 1 AM to bump up Stan's thread. Then I went to bed and actually got 8 hours of straight, uninterrupted sleep. Of course, I still feel tired, because I always feel tired, but it's still better to get sleep than not, even if it never does anything to make me feel refreshed the next morning.
Yours is prettier than mine! I want it! lol

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: BlueWidow, MysticPerception and CynicalHopelessness
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
View attachment 25262

Good morning everyone,

8 straight hours? A miracle has finally occurred.

I don't even know what to say. There is no hope for those people. They are a lost cause when it comes to remembering passwords.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Waiting for my dad to bring me back McDonalds

Reactions: Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019

I don't even know what to say. There is no hope for those people. They are a lost cause when it comes to remembering passwords.
Yep... all hope is lost for humanity. And I worked in retail, where I lost all hope for humanity and seriously thought of stabbing myself over walking into the building.

And on the flip side, one of my coworkers is a lawyer... she just got burnt out with all the bad crap and needed a break, so took a job here to chill.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhyIsLife56, MysticPerception, Root and 1 other person
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019

Yes, I'm surprised what good shape it's in considering how much I use it. I use it over and over several times before I wash it. It's one of my newer favorite towels though so I guess that's why it's still in relatively good shape. I don't let other people use any of my towels though. I have my own set of towels and no one else is allowed to use them. I have a thing about other people doing that. I don't want to dry off with a towel that someone else has used, even if it's been washed. I think it's some kind of an OCD thing. I haven't been diagnosed with OCD, but I have a lot of those tendencies.

Why are so many people forgetting their passwords, especially if it's their dogs name or their birthday? I have to write a lot of mine down because of my foggy brain. What's their excuse?
From reading the posts above, it's sounding to me like my lack of sleep was transferred to some of the other people on this thread last night. It seems like when I get sleep, someone else doesn't get sleep, or if someone else gets sleep, then I don't get sleep. We are all passing the insomnia around. What would really be a miracle is if all of us got a good sleep on the same night. I guess that's too much to ask for though, huh?

Last edited:
  • Love
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Yes, I'm surprised what good shape it's in considering how much I use it. I use it over and over several times before I wash it. It's one of my newer favorite towels though so I guess that's why it's still in relatively good shape. I don't let other people use any of my towels though. I have my own set of towels and no one else is allowed to use them. I have a thing about other people doing that. I don't want to dry off with a towel that someone else has used, even if it's been washed. I think it's some kind of an OCD thing. I haven't been diagnosed with OCD, but I have a lot of those tendencies.

Why are so many people forgetting their passwords, especially if it's their dogs name or their birthday? I have to write a lot of mine down because of my foggy brain. What's their excuse?

I have some of mine written down that are work passwords... like this one: B#d9$f0!d8fB_%3jf7Hge4#4fFD43 yep, that's the actual password, and yes I actually made it and didn't just randomize something. It's actually for an account that password never changes, and is for a program that accesses an email account. There is 0 chance I"d remember that.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I have some of mine written down that are work passwords... like this one: B#d9$f0!d8fB_%3jf7Hge4#4fFD43 yep, that's the actual password, and yes I actually made it and didn't just randomize something. It's actually for an account that password never changes, and is for a program that accesses an email account. There is 0 chance I"d remember that.
Uh, yes I would definitely have trouble remembering that! :))

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
From reading the posts above, it's sounding to me like my lack of sleep was transferred to some of the other people on this thread last night. It seems like when I get sleep, someone else doesn't get sleep, or if someone else gets sleep, then I don't get sleep. We are all passing the insomnia around. What would really be a miracle is if all of us got a good sleep on the same night. I guess that's too much to ask for though, huh?
Oh if my crappy night of being woken up in any way let you sleep--I'll suffer so you get more nights ;)

R

Root

Student
Sep 15, 2019
Finished the list. Well that's weird people forget that easy passwords... I use the same couple ones everywhere.

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
My method is to use meaningful phrases and replace first I or O with 1 or 0. E.g., 1_Dont_Like_Sand. Easy to remember, hard to guess, passes through most bullshit security checks.