fortysixandtwo

fortysixandtwo

Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for starting such an informative thread, Kooz.

One thing I noticed was that the product page for the ratchet straps has an image of two separate pieces. Is there some sort of assembly required for the straps? I thought it would come as one solid piece.

Reactions: wren-briar, itstoolateforme, sif and 2 others
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
You just thread the long strap through the rachet so it can pull tight. It doesn't take much. Pretty straight forward when you get it

Reactions: wren-briar, itstoolateforme, sif and 3 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Thanks for starting such an informative thread, Kooz.

One thing I noticed was that the product page for the ratchet straps has an image of two separate pieces. Is there some sort of assembly required for the straps? I thought it would come as one solid piece.

There's a type called an endless ratchet strap, it has no hooks on it at all, simply the ratchet and a strap.

Reactions: wren-briar, itstoolateforme, AbsoluteNothingness and 4 others
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
Yeah that'd be better cause the one on the website would have to be altered

Reactions: Kill Me Now, Deafsn0w and fortysixandtwo
Kooz

Kooz

Night-Night.
Aug 26, 2018
I think some people are having a tough idea envisioning this, so here's my research on the subject. This method is a physical way of depriving the brain of oxygen, hypoxia, versus an inhalation method using CO, Nitrogen, or Argon. The result and effects are the same, brain death occurs in less than 5 minutes, sometimes as quick as 2 minutes. The night-night method is a fairly quick shut off of the process so the sensations of euphoria, tingling, and grayed out vision occur much quicker. The uninterrupted flow of blood to the brain deprived of oxygen through gas inhalation is a little more subtle and symptom onset probably a little slower but not by much. Both methods of hypoxia to the brain are absolutely lethal if done properly. Both are virtually painless, night-night involves more pressure applied to the neck.
The OP has done an excellent job of collecting information and sourcing. It just seemed liked people were unsure of how this method worked physiologically. Hypoxia methods using gases and this, are probably two of the most humane methods we have available to us. Read through the thread again, all the information and answers are already there for you.

We're not depriving the brain of oxygen. We're depriving the brain of over 90% of blood flow. If we were doing an air choke, then we would be cutting off oxygen. With the blood choke though, we're physically killing the brain off faster. Yes, I understand that we're taking away oxygen that is in the blood. If we want to get even more technical, we should think of the NN more as stenosis of the carotid arteries.

The brain needs blood to function at all. To put up even more fancy terms, think of the night-night method more as embolization or even as a tourniquet with padding. We're cutting the blood flow to the brain. When done properly, brain death can be even faster than 2 minutes. You won't know though, as you will pass out in less than 20 seconds, if not 10 max.

As for the pressure, when you're doing it correctly, you'll notice a slight pressure and then that's it. You might become a little dizzy and then it will hit you. Blackness. After that, the brain will lose too much blood and oxygen and you will experience brain death.

The pressure might freak you out a little if you haven't practiced before, but if you haven't practiced before, then you run the risk of messing up the attempt. Like someone shooting at their chin with a shotgun. It's not going to end up well. You might still die, but it might mess up and end up being extremely painful.

As for the ratchets with the hooks, that will still work as well. It just might not be as comfortable. If that's all you have access to though, don't be discouraged at using it.

I do greatly appreciate you telling everyone to read through the thread again though. As I've had to say it far too many times already.

Reactions: wren-briar, redeeming_butterfly, _RustyLeaf321 and 10 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Kooz is correct and rightfully so. By denying the brain O2 rich blood, you bring on hypoxia much quicker than other methods. I have experimented somewhat on positioning. The endless ratchet works real well in ease of use and comfort. There is no doubt through my experimentation and taking my time, two or three full cranks on the ratchet and I would be out like a light within 10 seconds.

Reactions: wren-briar, 𝔧𝔞𝔫𝔢 ⛧, itstoolateforme and 3 others
fortysixandtwo

fortysixandtwo

Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the clarification on the ratchet strap from the original posting. Would this product work? Does the 1" width matter?

Also, are we counting on the pressure from the strap to keep the cornhole bags in place? Or is it recommended to fasten the bags to the strap with something like tape?

Reactions: itstoolateforme, sif and Deafsn0w
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
Yeah that product should work.
Personally I would recommend that you fasten the bags to the strap because it is a little tricky getting them exactly where you want when setting up but once they're in place the pressure of the strap should hold them if it's done correctly. I think @BurningLights did a post that showed his setup so you could try and find that to have a look at. I think this is the link https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/night-night-method-my-set-up-findings-and-process.8025/

Reactions: Kill Me Now, Deafsn0w and fortysixandtwo
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
you can wrap the bags in the position you want with duck tape.

Reactions: itstoolateforme, Egddios, Faraway1990 and 3 others
RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
i need more visualisation, preferably a picture where exactly to place the beanbags

bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
  • Yay!
Reactions: redeeming_butterfly, looseye, itstoolateforme and 4 others
fortysixandtwo

fortysixandtwo

Dec 14, 2018
Yeah that product should work.
Personally I would recommend that you fasten the bags to the strap because it is a little tricky getting them exactly where you want when setting up but once they're in place the pressure of the strap should hold them if it's done correctly. I think @BurningLights did a post that showed his setup so you could try and find that to have a look at. I think this is the link https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/night-night-method-my-set-up-findings-and-process.8025/

Thanks, I'll spend some time getting familiar with the set-up.

you can wrap the bags in the position you want with duck tape.

Yeah, I was thinking duct tape as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
i need more visualisation, preferably a picture where exactly to place the beanbags

Have you looked at the thread by @BurningLights. In his first post he has a picture of his rig. The link is below if you haven't already.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/night-night-method-my-set-up-findings-and-process.8025/

Reactions: Egddios, sif, Kill Me Now and 2 others
T

TTh

Jul 25, 2018
Why does this method result in brain death in two to five minutes, whereas hanging takes around ten? Shouldn't they be the same since they're both closing the carotid?

Reactions: looseye, Scribble Fan, sif and 2 others
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
Thats a very good question. My assumption is that with this method, the carotid arteries are specifically targeted and pressed in. In hanging the rope just goes around the neck and doesn't target the carotids. Brain deadness (is that a word?) Is generally caused in these cases by lack of oxygen to the brain. This method entails directly blocking off the oxygen flow to the brain whereas hanging doesn't. Hanging would partially compress the carotid arteries and also the windpipe but because blood still has oxygen in it and humans can last a few minutes without oxygen, the blood flowing to the brain still carries it whereas this method cuts off most of the blood to the brain.

Does that explain it? (It makes sense in my head but writing it out lrobably doesn't) sorry if it doesn't help.

Reactions: redeeming_butterfly, Introspector, MatthieuFrederickW and 8 others
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
Pretty much one specifically targets the carotid and the other has to compress everything in the neck to get to it.

Reactions: Scribble Fan, sif, Kill Me Now and 2 others
T

TTh

Jul 25, 2018
Thank you for the detailed explanation, that does make sense.

Reactions: sif, therhydler and Deafsn0w
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
just did a practice run. Didn't pass out. Will try again.

Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101, sif, therhydler and 1 other person
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
got a little closer . Tried to take the strap off but accidentally made it tighter which made me start to feel like I was slipping a little. My vision faded a little.

Reactions: itstoolateforme, therhydler, Deivis and 1 other person
RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
where did you place the cornbags?

maybe wrong spot...its probably a question of centimeters

Reactions: itstoolateforme and Deafsn0w
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
where did you place the cornbags?

maybe wrong spot...its probably a question of centimeters
On the sides of my neck.

carotid-ultrasound.jpg

Reactions: UltimateTrip, itstoolateforme, Egddios and 1 other person
yaya

yaya

sad
Dec 17, 2018
Can anyone offer some tips on how to safely and effectively practice this method before actually carrying it out? I'm afraid that a practice run might result in actual death (but if that's the case, I plan to not practice until I have all of my affairs in order just in case).

Obviously I already know that I need to find my sweet spots, to practice using the ratchet itself so that I'm familiar with how to use it and undo it, and so on, but I'm a little stuck at the actual "putting the rig around my neck with pads in place" part, because I'm not sure if it will result in actual death just on a practice run.

I'm sorry, I know this is an incredibly dumb question. But thank you to anyone who so much as reads it.

Reactions: itstoolateforme, iHeartRockArt and Deafsn0w
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Can anyone offer some tips on how to safely and effectively practice this method before actually carrying it out? I'm afraid that a practice run might result in actual death (but if that's the case, I plan to not practice until I have all of my affairs in order just in case).

Obviously I already know that I need to find my sweet spots, to practice using the ratchet itself so that I'm familiar with how to use it and undo it, and so on, but I'm a little stuck at the actual "putting the rig around my neck with pads in place" part, because I'm not sure if it will result in actual death just on a practice run.

I'm sorry, I know this is an incredibly dumb question. But thank you to anyone who so much as reads it.
I might be doing it wrong but I didn't pass out when I practiced. Might have wrong placement or it wasn't tight enough. Despite that I did learn how to work the strap easily. So that will assist me next time I attempt.

Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101 and Deafsn0w
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I did it by using the strap through the ratchet, but a free loop and not using the ratchet to tighten it, just using pulling pressure by hand. This worked best for me to get comfortable with positioning of neck, head and bags.

Reactions: redeeming_butterfly, Egddios, inviktus and 2 others
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
I did it by using the strap through the ratchet, but a free loop and not using the ratchet to tighten it, just using pulling pressure by hand. This worked best for me to get comfortable with positioning of neck, head and bags.
Did you start to pass out?

Reactions: Deafsn0w
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I found the right position for sure, got the the narrowing vision and tingling sensation, no pain what so ever just some pressure, I was close

Reactions: redeeming_butterfly, itstoolateforme, Egddios and 3 others
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
I found the right position for sure, got the the narrowing vision and tingling sensation, no pain what so ever just some pressure, I was close
damn I gotta keep practicing.

Reactions: Deivis and Deafsn0w
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
This is actually a good way of carrying out the act if you are able to tell the carotids are closed long before you lose consciousness. You tighten the strap with your hand until you realize blood flow is stopped, then you start ratcheting. If you do it quickly, there shouldn't even be a feeling of pressure in the head.
Did you perceive any sensation before vision change and the tingling?

Reactions: itstoolateforme, Egddios, inviktus and 1 other person
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
I need to get a hotel so I have plenty of time to do this and practice.

Reactions: Deafsn0w