• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I have written similar threads before about the core problem and contention between pro-choicers (people similar to me or in similar shoes) and pro-lifers (the majority of people out there). If I had to describe the root cause of all problems as well as the core problem itself in one sentence, it would be "Pro-lifers not only deny the right (and guarantee) to a peaceful, dignified exit, but also fail at providing an incentive for others to WANT to 'live' (or enjoy sentience on one's own terms)." So let me elaborate and dissect this one sentence to clarify my point.

While it is true that there (currently) isn't some agency, group, or some individual that actively (in real time) pursues and constantly tail any individual 24/7 for wanting to CTB, and that one 'could' CTB through violent, barbaric, and risky methods which may result in collateral damage to unwilling participants and parties, pro-lifers go to great lengths to limit, if not outright ban many peaceful, easy methods to CTB. Thus resulting in those who are desperate to leave to do so via painful, less reliable, violent, and risky means.

Analysis and breakdown:
For the first part, basically pro-lifers do not wish to allow people to leave this world, let alone peacefully and with dignity. The second part of the sentience they also fail to provide an incentive (subjective to the recipient, pro-choicer in this case) that would let people WANT to live. What do I mean by this? I mean something that is pleasant enough for someone to want to live instead of CTB. (e.g. making a prison cell so comfortable that a prisoner would not wish to leave). So far, the pro-lifers have failed to provide such incentives besides just empty words, drivel, false promises, as well as coercion rather than anything meaningful for said individual(s). To add to the second part, I want to clarify that the onus is on the pro-lifer/anti-choicer to prove, objectively why life is good. So far, they have failed to do so.

As a result of this, pro-choicers are essentially put into a corner and I do believe in the logic of nature, where if an animal is cornered, it will likely bite or fight back ferociously or whatever and however it can when escape is not an option. Of course, this does not imply that I condone an animal fighting back, but it is the logical consequence of prohibition itself. While there are certain animals that don't fight back (most will if they have the capacity and understanding to do so.). This is not saying that animals are evil by nature nor inherently. They are simply doing what their programming states to do, which is to fight or fly, but since they are not afforded to fly (get out of the situation), their only other (natural) option is to 'fight'.

In conclusion, you cannot deny someone an option to escape, but also fail to create a condition(s) that is conducive to wanting to live (subjective to the recipient of course). Otherwise you get the 'cornered animal' consequence which is a natural consequence from the natural instinct of fight or flight. Then of course, pro-lifers would blame and demonize the "suicidal" for reacting poorly due to it's natural instinct (which is ironic).

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Suffering.
Feb 28, 2023
So far, the pro-lifers have failed to provide such incentives besides just empty words, drivel, false promises, as well as coercion rather than anything meaningful for said individual(s).
This is true. They offer a lot of promises and platitudes, but never offer anything more. Their empty statements about "things getting better" are weakened by the fact that they don't want to do anything to make things get better. People like this are generally looking to defend their world view or see themselves as a hero and are best to be avoided. And anyway, suffering is inevitable in life so death should always be an option.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
The fact is that pro lifers could never care about the quality of the person's life, they just want to force them to suffer. I hate how we exist in a world that punishes suicidal people for making a decision in which they have every right to make, suicidal people don't deserve to suffer even more from being forced into a psych ward.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Thanks for the responses and to me, this really is the main argument, our main point of contention behind our movement and community. So until they resolve this (probably never, or at least within our natural lifespans), there will always be contention between us and pro-lifers.

• Love
Reactions: NoLoveNoHope
notwhereIbelong

notwhereIbelong

I'm so tired
Feb 12, 2023
(e.g. making a prison cell so comfortable that a prisoner would not wish to leave)
That is a great example; they never provide any real reasons to keep living, at best they'll simply decorate your cell just enough to keep you here, and at worst they'll guilt you into staying alive

epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
... also fail at providing an incentive for others to WANT to 'live' (or enjoy sentience on one's own terms)."

This part is very true for seriously mentally/physically ill people. Eloquent speeches and deep philosophy have very limited effect when the painful reality of your mind and body is on a totally different plane . We need real solutions to serious problems .

This is not a dig against deep philosophy . Ideas can move people especially when problems are more external (relationship, money) but for serious health problems they stand little chance.

Last edited:
CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
I have written similar threads before about the core problem and contention between pro-choicers (people similar to me or in similar shoes) and pro-lifers (the majority of people out there). If I had to describe the root cause of all problems as well as the core problem itself in one sentence, it would be "Pro-lifers not only deny the right (and guarantee) to a peaceful, dignified exit, but also fail at providing an incentive for others to WANT to 'live' (or enjoy sentience on one's own terms)." So let me elaborate and dissect this one sentence to clarify my point.

While it is true that there (currently) isn't some agency, group, or some individual that actively (in real time) pursues and constantly tail any individual 24/7 for wanting to CTB, and that one 'could' CTB through violent, barbaric, and risky methods which may result in collateral damage to unwilling participants and parties, pro-lifers go to great lengths to limit, if not outright ban many peaceful, easy methods to CTB. Thus resulting in those who are desperate to leave to do so via painful, less reliable, violent, and risky means.

Analysis and breakdown:
For the first part, basically pro-lifers do not wish to allow people to leave this world, let alone peacefully and with dignity. The second part of the sentience they also fail to provide an incentive (subjective to the recipient, pro-choicer in this case) that would let people WANT to live. What do I mean by this? I mean something that is pleasant enough for someone to want to live instead of CTB. (e.g. making a prison cell so comfortable that a prisoner would not wish to leave). So far, the pro-lifers have failed to provide such incentives besides just empty words, drivel, false promises, as well as coercion rather than anything meaningful for said individual(s). To add to the second part, I want to clarify that the onus is on the pro-lifer/anti-choicer to prove, objectively why life is good. So far, they have failed to do so.

As a result of this, pro-choicers are essentially put into a corner and I do believe in the logic of nature, where if an animal is cornered, it will likely bite or fight back ferociously or whatever and however it can when escape is not an option. Of course, this does not imply that I condone an animal fighting back, but it is the logical consequence of prohibition itself. While there are certain animals that don't fight back (most will if they have the capacity and understanding to do so.). This is not saying that animals are evil by nature nor inherently. They are simply doing what their programming states to do, which is to fight or fly, but since they are not afforded to fly (get out of the situation), their only other (natural) option is to 'fight'.

In conclusion, you cannot deny someone an option to escape, but also fail to create a condition(s) that is conducive to wanting to live (subjective to the recipient of course). Otherwise you get the 'cornered animal' consequence which is a natural consequence from the natural instinct of fight or flight. Then of course, pro-lifers would blame and demonize the "suicidal" for reacting poorly due to it's natural instinct (which is ironic).
What you've described is a perfect example of an abusive relationship dynamic (relationship as in, the connection between 2 groups or individuals in a broader sense, I'm not focusing on just romantic relationships even though this can also apply to those). The abuser (A) does not create a space where the victim (B) can thrive and when B does not thrive, A insists on placing the blame on B rather than the conditions A has created.

Additionally, A makes an already hostile environment even worse, without any intention to change or improve it which causes B to continue suffering, and the cycle continues. Projection, victim-blaming, and gaslighting at its finest. If there is any need for proof that pro-lifers truly do not care for us, this thread is it.

(On a side note, thank you for sharing! You always have very well-written and thought-provoking posts, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one!)