• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I was going to reply to a thread here , and I felt like an emotional vandal / sadist , so I thought I would post a separate thread .

It might all be BS ... but I'm only human .

Romantic heartbreak on being dumped and rejected :

This is something I experienced. I was cheated on , 'forgave' and hoped to move on together.
I got dumped a few month's later . I was very inexperienced and it blind sided me .
I had no social, personal resources and I spun out .

I was 21 , I'm 55 now.

I have spent a lifetime casting about for some explanation of that feeling .

This is a quote from Ernest Becker's "Denial of Death"
This book is the most objective description of hard core objective materialist human experience I have ever read .

It is not comforting.
It is horrifying.

It is not the complete deal , because there probably is no such thing.

How we relate to the romantic other is a huge spiritual / emotional / self defining experience.

At no time should you under estimate the pain and suffering you are experiencing.

There is a strange sense in that it is the most legitimate form of illegitimate suffering known to humanity .

I seem to speak in riddles ... well ,life is kind of paradoxical .

So here's the quote , from the header of chapter eight :

It seems to be difficult for the individual to
realize that there exists a division between one's
spiritual and purely human needs, and that the
satisfaction or fulfillment for each has to be
found in different spheres. As a rule, we find the
two aspects hopelessly confused in modern
relationships, where one person is made the god-
like judge over good and bad in the other person.
In the long run, such symbiotic relationship
becomes demoralizing to both parties, for it is
just as unbearable to be God as it is
to remain an utter slave.
—OTTO RANK

As far as I am concerned ( and who else gives a fuck ? ) "The Denial of Death" is basically Genesis of the Modern Canon.

It is disturbingly impenetrable , and I forget most of it ... but it helps confronting some of the most abysmal social / personal / intimate pain on offer to human's.

We just want to be loved , and that is ok.
How we go about negotiating that need is probably our own personal unlived experience ... the undiscovered country .

On the plus side of "bleeding all over the place", ( Thank you Randy Newman ) , it means you are making traction with the human experience.

Romantic maiming is the initiation of our Civilization. ( Do I really think that ? ... I'm not so sure , but it almost seems right ... it's a bit harsh .)

( My friend from school never experienced this and became a bigoted priggish self righteous psychiatric nurse who I had the misfortune to transact with , as a patient ,many years later .( He married and procreated with his high school sweet heart .)
That you will never become a permanent child at the bosom of your mother / lover FOR LIFE is a huge plus side , that you will not be able to comprehend at the moment . But , believe me , you do not want to be THAT person .)

I feel like such an arsehole saying all this shit , because you are hurting like fuck .

But I see it as the truth ,

It's up to you to decide whether it's BS or not .

Reactions: Final Escape