• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
After reading mostly all about the recent drama - - how long has this has been going on? Does it seem for some time now;...eh? Since you are the new moderator and by reading your messages you do feel like there has been a flood of newbies per say? More so than the average January per the last 5-10 years - (?) I am thinking they will eventually poof disappear; and leave those of us alone whom choose to be here? (sry run-on sentence) as it is home to the most people it seems as I have read many many many different people whom feel they receive the intellect that they exactly came here to receive. I hope it does not change for those people. Like many others have said though it does appear that there is a lizard lounging in the forums. Which sucks to that one highest level. Glad that I am new; bad timing per say on how I found this spot and what has / is happening. There is hope for a bright future is my only ... way to perceive things here. Thank you for letting me in; my time is desperate and challenging to say the least.

I can give you answers to some of the questions. Recent drama started with NYT article, few days before you joined the forum. Previous drama happened about a year ago, and resulted in forum moving from sanctionedsuicide.com to sanctioned-suicide.net.

There are no average values for the last 5-10 years, because forum is nowhere near that old. You can see current number of members on the first page. I haven't paid attention to it, but I think someone mentioned an increased number or registration requests. I certanly got that impression just from reading the forum.

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
@justsayin
I started to answer their questions, but while doing that, I just got a creepy feeling that they were a mole. Having been on SS for >3 years, you can kind of tell when when things are not right. I erased my answer before even posting it. I could be wrong, but I rather be safe than sorry.

Reactions: CallOfTheVoid112
P

princesssaidso

Dec 15, 2021
I can give you answers to some of the questions. Recent drama started with NYT article, few days before you joined the forum. Previous drama happened about a year ago, and resulted in forum moving from sanctionedsuicide.com to sanctioned-suicide.net.

There are no average values for the last 5-10 years, because forum is nowhere near that old. You can see current number of members on the first page. I haven't paid attention to it, but I think someone mentioned an increased number or registration requests. I certanly got that impression just from reading the forum.
After reading through the forum yesterday I realized the timeline of dates .. yes looks like back to 2018. Seems like a normal bunch of people down on our luck throughout the pandemic which thank goodness these forums were available to people as this is a place to vent when no one else is listening. I get it. Thank you for your input. It helps.

justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
@color_me_gone
Caution is a good thing. I intentionally wrote only stuff that is already known by NYC and others. Domain names are inherently public, and Streisand effect is a well known phenomenon.

After reading through the forum yesterday I realized the timeline of dates .. yes looks like back to 2018. Seems like a normal bunch of people down on our luck throughout the pandemic which thank goodness these forums were available to people as this is a place to vent when no one else is listening. I get it. Thank you for your input. It helps.

This forum is new, but the online community of suicidal people is about three decades old. It's existence has nothing to do with the pandemic, and everything to do with the society.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/tor-sites-likes-ss.79603/post-1423449
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...d-since-the-conception-of-the-internet.81124/

lear

lear

Jan 2, 2022
While it's a bit further on than the inception of the internet, one of Iris Chang's suicide letters (in 2004) wrote that 'I promise not to visit Web Sites that talk about suicide.'

It's a human topic. If humans exist, it will be discussed. To seek to take away such communities is just cruel. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.

P

princesssaidso

Dec 15, 2021
@color_me_gone
Caution is a good thing. I intentionally wrote only stuff that is already known by NYC and others. Domain names are inherently public, and Streisand effect is a well known phenomenon.

This forum is new, but the online community of suicidal people is about three decades old. It's existence has nothing to do with the pandemic, and everything to do with the society.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/tor-sites-likes-ss.79603/post-1423449
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...d-since-the-conception-of-the-internet.81124/
Thank you for posting that up for me. I appreciate you for this.

Reactions: color_me_gone
Nawww-Im-So-Done

Nawww-Im-So-Done

Mar 21, 2022
I'm sure others have commented elsewhere but it appears that sanctioned suicide has also been removed from Google searches? Not sure why, aside from the articles on NYT and PBS.
It's on Goog right now. That's unfortunately how I had to get a working link (I'm not a fan of Goo for anything sensitive due to privacy reasons). An actual link is NOT currently on DuckDuck. That NYT article is on both of those also.

Reactions: CallOfTheVoid112
N

Neverworld

Mar 28, 2022
Question: the btc donation address on the front page says the wallet is bc1qkufrupsaxpeqhktpy7msjuq3kd87e98jdcgvza. However, the welcome message when you register on the forum says it's 3BEGzbd98MH3wPcvoXb7APvkkJFEK861KN. Which one is correct?

CallOfTheVoid112

CallOfTheVoid112

Love. Leave. Rinse. Repeat
Feb 22, 2021
Should we move off of easy access search browsers ie. Google? I mean, I feel slightly hypocritical saying that because when I found SS and joined, I had to do a tad bit of frantic digging to even find it and I myself used Google 🤮, but tbh finding SS saved my life that day; stopped me from making a hasty and ill conceived decision to ctb out of revenge, showed me I was not alone in my struggle, showed me that there were people that I could connect to and try to understand it better rather than run from it or damn myself. And most importantly allow me to give myself time to plan things and prepare things the right way..so I definitely thank the site for that).
My search for a site like this started with where I used to post threads looking for a ctbpartner on Blue light(? Forgive me if that's not what the site was called, sometimes I have a shaky memory about certain things, and experience gaps of memory loss.. it's a survival ((mental/emotional)) mechanism or reaction that basically blacks out and "saves me from the memories of times of extreme emotional trauma... ). But anyways that site was also found on Google...
Is it selfish of me to want to protect SS and hide it away from the prying eyes of the public?
I don't know what I'd do or how I'd feel if I didn't have SS anymore...

Love you guys..
M

Last edited:
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Question: the btc donation address on the front page says the wallet is bc1qkufrupsaxpeqhktpy7msjuq3kd87e98jdcgvza. However, the welcome message when you register on the forum says it's 3BEGzbd98MH3wPcvoXb7APvkkJFEK861KN. Which one is correct?

Hello, sorry for the confusion! The second wallet address is correct. I'll write a thread to clarify the situation about donations in a bit.