D

Deleted member 4993

I have seen this discussion on other groups :-)
Undoubtedly there may be a few rare cases where people react differently. It's not an exact science.
It satisfies me as a peaceful method and I have known many who have used it .
None commented about anything other than the bad taste before they broke contact.

Reactions: peacefulhorizons, Deafsn0w, Broken and 6 others
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
I got the impression that when he first went for the water he was hesitant, purely because he didn't know what he was supposed to do. The reddening came much later, clearly some minutes of waiting were cut.

I suppose it is feasible that it was chocolate stuck in his throat, but that'd be desperately unlucky to go through all the performance of getting Dignitas approval, flying to Zurich at great expense just to ignominiously choke to death on a Malteser.

Maltesers, eh??

I'm just off to the shops...:-)

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Broken, Johnnythefox and 2 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Maltesers, eh??

I'm just off to the shops...:-)

£1 a box in Tesco
Can you pick me up some Malteaster bunnies please...

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Broken, Made4TV and 2 others
K

Kukubananas

Feb 3, 2019
Wow, my jealousy is insane right now. Not because he used N to CTB but because he died with family around. Wish that could be a thing.

Reactions: Iman, sui2, Deafsn0w and 3 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Wow, my jealousy is insane right now. Not because he used N to CTB but because he died with family around. Wish that could be a thing.

It's the acceptance and support that got me, too.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, meowcat, Jupiter and 4 others
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Totally agree. While high as fuck the other day i convinced myself I had early onset alzheimers nstead of DID and was so relieved when I realized my friends would then support me in my ctb and I wouldn't die alone. Then I came down from my pot high and reality set in. Sad.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Jupiter, TheCrow and 2 others
C

crova

Making death amazing journey
Oct 7, 2018
Totally agree. While high as fuck the other day i convinced myself I had early onset alzheimers nstead of DID and was so relieved when I realized my friends would then support me in my ctb and I wouldn't die alone. Then I came down from my pot high and reality set in. Sad.

One of your multiple personalities still can suffer from Alzheimer! ;]
How did you get to that conclusion it was Alzheimer, anyway?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deafsn0w and TheCrow
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
One of your multiple personalities still can suffer from Alzheimer! ;]
How did you get to that conclusion it was Alzheimer, anyway?
Haha. Well because I started looking up cognitive tests since there is one they give me that I routinely fail (remembering three random words after a few minutes of doing another cognitive task). Many of the symptoms of early onset Alzheimer's are like DID, especially when there is confusion or amnesia caused by switching. I thought I had lost my brain when I was first getting diagnosed...seemed like I was always forgetting things. Old things, new things, things I should have remembered. I suppose I could have both :)

... and now back to your regularly scheduled thread about the video....nothing to see here....

Last edited:
Reactions: Deafsn0w
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
£1 a box in Tesco
Can you pick me up some Malteaster bunnies please...

No, sorry. It's illegal to assist a suicide...

Can you imagine it, though?

Cause of Death: Maltesers overdose...

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Made4TV
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
No, sorry. It's illegal to assist a suicide...

Can you imagine it, though?

Cause of Death: Maltesers overdose...

Such a nice way to die though *she said wistfully*

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Made4TV
E

EBEN30

Jan 12, 2019
I'm just guessing here and I'm by no means an expert.

The water and gasping I think would be down to the drug making you very dehydrated, an overdose of any barbiturate and you're going to have that dry mouth feeling.

The coughing and gasping I'm fairly certain to a degree that he would have been so far into nodding off that it would have cause him any real discomfort, look at the rest of his body, he isn't fighting or thrashing. When your mouth becomes so dry from overdose (speaking from experience) it can feel like you have hairs on your tongue or in the back of your throat so may cause some coughing, desire to drink water.

I think he slipped so quickly into unconsciousness that we can agree that even if there was discomfort (there's a difference between discomfort and pain, I don't believe he was in any type of pain) then it was minimal and lasted literally seconds.

From my own recent overdose attempt, I had moments of consciousness in the ambulance and hospital where I can remember saying I couldn't breath and I was struggling/panicked but it caused me no pain and the comfort was minor if anything and I kept quickly sliding into unconsciousness again. That attempt hasn't left me not wanting to do it again because the discomfort was so minimal.

I can't draw a direct comparison and I suppose this can be debated day and night on here and nobody will ever know apart from Peter but my guess is he didn't experience any great deal of distress from this and he passed peacefully.

Reactions: peacefulhorizons, Deafsn0w, JWL and 1 other person
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
I'm just guessing here and I'm by no means an expert.

The water and gasping I think would be down to the drug making you very dehydrated, an overdose of any barbiturate and you're going to have that dry mouth feeling.

The coughing and gasping I'm fairly certain to a degree that he would have been so far into nodding off that it would have cause him any real discomfort, look at the rest of his body, he isn't fighting or thrashing. When your mouth becomes so dry from overdose (speaking from experience) it can feel like you have hairs on your tongue or in the back of your throat so may cause some coughing, desire to drink water.

I think he slipped so quickly into unconsciousness that we can agree that even if there was discomfort (there's a difference between discomfort and pain, I don't believe he was in any type of pain) then it was minimal and lasted literally seconds.

From my own recent overdose attempt, I had moments of consciousness in the ambulance and hospital where I can remember saying I couldn't breath and I was struggling/panicked but it caused me no pain and the comfort was minor if anything and I kept quickly sliding into unconsciousness again. That attempt hasn't left me not wanting to do it again because the discomfort was so minimal.

I can't draw a direct comparison and I suppose this can be debated day and night on here and nobody will ever know apart from Peter but my guess is he didn't experience any great deal of distress from this and he passed peacefully.

You have a good point. The physical reactions could be giving the wrong impression. Kind of like when you hit a deep trough when falling asleep (before or after downing a few) and you find yourself jerking, or snorting, or slobbering. There's no real discomfort in that and it would probably look worse to an observer than it actually is to you.

Reactions: Iman, Deafsn0w and EBEN30
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
P.S. I've never been 'Liked' so much since I decided on this inevitable path. The popularity is so seductive I almost feel like changing my mind...:-)

Reactions: Deafsn0w and EBEN30
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
P.S. I've never been 'Liked' so much since I decided on this inevitable path. The popularity is so seductive I almost feel like changing my mind...:-)

Tempted to lol at this but do not want to be accused of "poor effort posting" ;-)

Reactions: Deafsn0w
E

EBEN30

Jan 12, 2019

I think it's because you make some valid points. Your reply to my comment was dead on, I couldn't have put it better myself and don't know why I hadn't thought of putting it like that.

It's exactly like that, falling asleep and slobbering it causes no harm or distress to the person. People with sleep apnea too, they feel nothing though the sound from someone struggling to breath will be distressing to onlookers, more distressing to them than to the actual person going through the ordeal.

Like I said, from the lack of thrashing out or other physical activity, I very much doubt Peter suffered or was in any great deal of discomfort at all; before he had time to realise he was dehydrated and wanted a drink he was slipping deep into unconsciousness.

Reactions: Iman, bubbletea, JWL and 1 other person