A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
Chloral hydrate is an agressive substance, especially in doses of 40 gr and if you are sensitive to that. Nothing like pento or pheno.

Reactions: Hellish Ore, Deafsn0w, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I will be honest but that Smedley video scares the hell out a me. I came across this vid while N was on its way to me and it was the start of losing all hope to have something peaceful at home. I started a thread on another board about my huge N worries and it wasn't received well at all. I came with other things that only confirmed my worries, like this about a 43 year old woman in Dignitas crying in pain for 4 minutes after drinking N; https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/w...-zurich-suicide-facility-investigation-may-fo . The general comment on that other board: That is a pro-LIFE site which can't be taken seriously. Well, if I see Smedley suffering like that, why wouldn't this be true?

Wow. That was astonishingly fast, maybe what, 15-20 seconds? Plus, although he asked for water, he wasn't
I will be honest but that Smedley video scares the hell out a me. I came across this vid while N was on its way to me and it was the start of losing all hope to have something peaceful at home. I started a thread on another board about my huge N worries and it wasn't received well at all. I came with other things that only confirmed my worries, like this about a 43 year old woman in Dignitas crying in pain for 4 minutes after drinking N; https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/w...-zurich-suicide-facility-investigation-may-fo . The general comment on that other board: That is a pro-LIFE site which can't be taken seriously. Well, if I see Smedley suffering like that, why wouldn't this be true?

Wow. That was astonishingly fast, maybe what, 15-20 seconds? I am certain he hadn't had anything to eat since at least midnight of the previous day. Yes, he did ask for water, but from the way he cleared his throat, he may have just refluxed a little, like when you burp up a smidge of what you ate. Notice also how relaxed his facial expression and his hands are. No grimacing, no clutching, no doubling over or crying out. Looks about as peaceful a death as you could possibly wish for, especially from a baseline status of being 100% alert and awake. The only less eventful deaths I've seen were in cases of brain death where life support was discontinued.

Reactions: Hellish Ore, Iman, Deafsn0w and 6 others
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
It's not the most reliable source, but I could guess that the brain tumor may have had something to do with her pain. It's hard to say, she may have been in pain already and the N made the medications against pain ineffective ? I've read about the possible utility of an opiate as an analgesic, but as far as I know this has not become part of any official cocktail.

Reactions: Hellish Ore, Deafsn0w and Idorus

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
death will always be unpleasant but N is the gold standard. He was irritated by the taste.

Reactions: bubbletea, Deafsn0w, Morpheus and 4 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
death will always be unpleasant but N is the gold standard. He was irritated by the taste.

The taste was not the cause of the reddening and gasping for water, which clearly occurred as the N kicked in, not as he tasted it.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler and Idorus
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Hard to confirm the cause, a burning sensation, discomfort in the throat? All I can surmise from the video is that the individual did not suffer any great discomfort.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler, anelakapu and 3 others
WayOut

WayOut

Experienced
Oct 26, 2018
The taste was not the cause of the reddening and gasping for water, which clearly occurred as the N kicked in, not as he tasted it.
He was a very sick man at the time. It's more likely the reaction was a manifestation of this, rather than an effect of N. Maybe he just had a coughing fit. I'm sure you've seen the many other videos from Dignitas. You're a rational person. N is peaceful. The evidence is conclusive.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Broken and therhydler

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
Man you gotta try somehow if you actually want to die

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler and anelakapu
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
He was a very sick man at the time. It's more likely the reaction was a manifestation of this, rather than an effect of N. Maybe he just had a coughing fit. I'm sure you've seen the many other videos from Dignitas. You're a rational person. N is peaceful. The evidence is conclusive.

I'm sure, see above posts, I'm not here to do an Arak, l don't find that video off-putting, but there's a slight reaction here which isn't "in the brochure", so to speak. He had MND iirc, which l doubt was the cause of it.

Man you gotta try somehow if you actually want to die

Uh, quite. If you read the entire thread you'll see that I'm very much pro N as a method and the notion that it was "just the taste" has already been discussed and discounted, but thanks for your contribution, very informative.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler, Made4TV and 1 other person

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
I'm sure, see above posts, I'm not here to do an Arak, l don't find that video off-putting, but there's a slight reaction here which isn't "in the brochure", so to speak. He had MND iirc, which l doubt was the cause of it.

Uh, quite. If you read the entire thread you'll see that I'm very much pro N as a method and the notion that it was "just the taste" has already been discussed and discounted, but thanks for your contribution, very informative.
Your sarcasm is getting old bro. You give arak shit for not attempting with peaceful methods but you seem just like him.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and therhydler
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Your sarcasm is getting old bro. You give arak shit for not attempting with peaceful methods but you seem just like him.

I give Arak shit for posting the same tedious attempts at research into how literally every method is doomed to failure, including Dignitas, and how A is a scam, yes, true enough.

I'm not quite sure where I've stated, in this thread or literally anywhere elsewhere, that N is an unsuitable method, and have also stated clearly that the Smedley exit as depicted above would be acceptable to me. Read the thread ffs.

WayOut

WayOut

Experienced
Oct 26, 2018
Ok, I'm sure you're right that there's something else going on with N in this case. Hope you find out what it is, for your peace of mind.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Hope you find out what it is, for your peace of mind.

The video is clearly not what is described in the literature; l honestly don't see why it's difficult to acknowledge that Smedley visibly got rather hot and thirsty as the N took hold, and would rather blag that he suddenly coughed on a Cadbury's Button, or got an immediate thirst as a result of Motor Neurone.

It's not off-putting, it's hardly fear-mongering, each person can watch the video and decide for themselves if they would be okay with a similar exit. I personally would. It's just there is clearly something there that, given it is not in the literature, is worth seeking clarity on - or at least was three fucking months ago, when l was still asking questions and seeking as much info around the method beyond the PPH as possible.

Reactions: Iman, Deafsn0w, therhydler and 2 others
WayOut

WayOut

Experienced
Oct 26, 2018
Ok, I'm sure you're right that there's something else going on with N in this case. Hope you find out what it is, for your peace of mind.
The video is clearly not what is described in the literature; l honestly don't see why it's difficult to acknowledge that Smedley visibly got rather hot and thirsty as the N took hold, and would rather blag that he suddenly coughed on a Cadbury's Button, or got an immediate thirst as a result of Motor Neurone.

It's not off-putting, it's hardly fear-mongering, each person can watch the video and decide for themselves if they would be okay with a similar exit. I personally would. It's just there is clearly something there that, given it is not in the literature, is worth seeking clarity on - or at least was three fucking months ago, when l was still asking questions and seeking as much info around the method beyond the PPH as possible.
What are you talking about? I didn't suggest it was off putting or fear mongering. All I said was that I hoped you found out what you needed to give you peace of mind. Seriously, you're one of the most level headed people here. Please don't overreact to what I said, or misconstrue my words. That's not like you at all.

T

Tomey

Jan 23, 2019
What are you all talk about ?

The feeling of the rope squeeze your neck is better?

The 30 seconds between the jump to the floor is a fantastic feeling?

Putting a plastic bag on your head with flowing gas make you feel wonderful, right ?

Maybe he was thirsty
And maybe he got heartburn for one minute so what ....

You get heartburn, headache etc in real life, so a little discomfort when you choose to end your life is bothering you ?

You think they give chocolate in the end because it is so wonderful taste drink ?

Someone that suffer greatly don't mind about it.

You want 100% peaceful death and not 95% so go to hospital and ask them to anesthetize you to death...

Reactions: peacefulhorizons, Jupiter, Deafsn0w and 2 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
What are you all talk about ?

The feeling of the rope squeeze your neck is better?

The 30 seconds between the jump to the floor is a fantastic feeling?

Putting a plastic bag on your head with flowing gas make you feel wonderful, right ?

Maybe he was thirsty
And maybe he got heartburn for one minute so what ....

You get heartburn, headache etc in real life, so a little discomfort when you choose to end your life is bothering you ?

You think they give chocolate in the end because it is so wonderful taste drink ?

Someone that suffer greatly don't mind about it.

You want 100% peaceful death and not 95% so go to hospital and ask them to anesthetize you to death...

I'm pretty sure the majority of posts in this thread are very much pro-N, you're bellowing an argument in opposition to a position which you're imagining, l don't know, read the thread maybe.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler, Jupiter and 3 others
T

Tomey

Jan 23, 2019
I'm pretty sure the majority of posts in this thread are very much pro-N, you're bellowing an argument in opposition to a position which you're imagining, l don't know, read the thread maybe.
Ok , i am sorry, the majority was pro-N.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler and Chinaski
T

Tomey

Jan 23, 2019
That was willy fast
I always thought its take about ten minute until you knocked out

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler and Chinaski
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
That was willy fast
I always thought its take about ten minute until you knocked out

Are you commenting on the video, or have you just lost your virginity?

• Yay!
Reactions: Iman, Deafsn0w, therhydler and 4 others
T

Tomey

Jan 23, 2019
Are you commenting on the video, or have you just lost your virginity?
I commented about the video.
English is not my native language so maybe i misunderstood.
No more comments by me for today.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler, anelakapu and 1 other person
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
I commented about the video.
English is not my native language so maybe i misunderstood.
No more comments by me for today.
You can comment more today, it's all good.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Made4TV, therhydler and 2 others
WayOut

WayOut

Experienced
Oct 26, 2018
I read the thread. You seem concerned that it's not peaceful, based on what you think you saw in this one vid. You are highly respected on this forum. Maybe look at a few more of the many vids posted by Dignitas.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I read the thread. You seem concerned that it's not peaceful, based on what you think you saw in this one vid. You are highly respected on this forum. Maybe look at a few more of the many vids posted by Dignitas.

I've seen the others. I have stated in the thread that this video is peaceful enough tbh, l don't think I've expressed a concern that it's "not peaceful enough"; just noted that this is obviously to a much lesser degree than that of Causse, and obviously the PPH is unreliable shit.

Tbh I'm really unsure as to how a legitimate observation on an actual Dignitas video has successfully been spun into the notion that it's a personal deal-breaker for me, as if I'm in any way sceptical of N and its reputation as the most peaceful and effective method. I'm not, and this is evidenced by pretty much all of my posts on N. I just don't see how pretending this video is *as* peaceful as the PPH states, as the Causse video was, and he only reacted in a less pleasant way because, uh, chocolate or whatever is acceptable either. If this was one of PN's SN videos, these legitimate questions would be asked; just because l agree that N is the definitive gold standard doesn't mean these things shouldn't be discussed for clarification.

Fwiw I'm hardly a "respected" member here, for a start my sarcasm is getting old bro, secondly this thread is about canvassing opinion on boring old Dignitas footage, not the crucial stuff like N enemas, brands of chocolate or suitably shaped drinking vessels, which is where the real respect is given.

Reactions: Suicat, Deafsn0w, therhydler and 9 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I did actually experiment earlier, as recommended by a forum member, drinking some vinegar then eating chocolate to mimic the process. All it did was make the lion bar taste funny :-(

Am not doing that again. Am just going to eat the lion bar tbh

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Broken, Thewhowithin69 and 5 others
D

ddutch

Done with life
Oct 28, 2018
Its nembutal, correct? I's not even 100ml of that. Still he swallowed if fairly easily.

Around 15 grams nembutal in a mix of water and / or syrup.

WayOut

WayOut

Experienced
Oct 26, 2018
I've seen the others. I have stated in the thread that this video is peaceful enough tbh, l don't think I've expressed a concern that it's "not peaceful enough"; just noted that this is obviously to a much lesser degree than that of Causse, and obviously the PPH is unreliable shit.

Tbh I'm really unsure as to how a legitimate observation on an actual Dignitas video has successfully been spun into the notion that it's a personal deal-breaker for me, as if I'm in any way sceptical of N and its reputation as the most peaceful and effective method. I'm not, and this is evidenced by pretty much all of my posts on N. I just don't see how pretending this video is *as* peaceful as the PPH states, as the Causse video was, and he only reacted in a less pleasant way because, uh, chocolate or whatever is acceptable either. If this was one of PN's SN videos, these legitimate questions would be asked; just because l agree that N is the definitive gold standard doesn't mean these things shouldn't be discussed for clarification.

Fwiw I'm hardly a "respected" member here, for a start my sarcasm is getting old bro, secondly this thread is about canvassing opinion on boring old Dignitas footage, not the crucial stuff like N enemas, brands of chocolate or suitably shaped drinking vessels, which is where the real respect is given.
Ok. Sorry. I won't question you again.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler and waived
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Yes, 50ml at dignitas.
Dignitas is that organisation located in Switzerland?

How easy is it to procure the medication? I'm assuming it is much less agonizing than cyanide.

I sure as hell would prefer to carry this out alone with nobody around.

I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018
It's not the most reliable source, but I could guess that the brain tumor may have had something to do with her pain. It's hard to say, she may have been in pain already and the N made the medications against pain ineffective ? I've read about the possible utility of an opiate as an analgesic, but as far as I know this has not become part of any official cocktail.

Some objective specifics about the case;

Then there is the harrowing story of the 43-year-old German secretary Anke H. She had fought terminal brain cancer for four years, says her friend of 18 years, Dirk Neuhaus, a 46-year-old manager with an aluminium extrusion company. In the last two years of her life she would lie crying on the floor of her apartment, immobilised by pain.

Her decision to commit suicide was agonising; she was devoutly Catholic. Neuhaus says that only after a long struggle, and with the support of religious friends, did she decide that God would love her whatever she did. One of these friends, a member of her church, accompanied her to her death.

In November Neuhaus and three others travelled to Zurich with Anke. Their appointment at the Dignitas apartment was fixed for 11am. But in a possibly catastrophic mistake, the Dignitas nurse arrived between 35 and 40 minutes late. In three of the four friends' accounts provided to the Herald, the delay had a huge effect on Anke. Neuhaus and his partner, Pomina Bentson, say she went into shock. A blanket had to be placed over her shoulders as she sat in a wheelchair in the corridor outside the apartment.

In the version of another friend, Anke did not go into shock but certainly "suffered" from the cold and her weakness.

Accounts of what happened inside the apartment diverge dramatically. Neuhaus and Bentson say that 30 seconds after drinking the mixture containing sodium pentobarbital, Anke began to cry out: "I am burning, I am burning, I burn so bad."

The other two witnesses, who requested anonymity, say they did not hear those words. Instead, said one, Anke complained about the drink's bitterness: "This shocking thing! Chocolate! This shocking thing!" Then she spoke to the drink: "Stay in! I want to keep you."

Neuhaus and Bentson allege that Anke fell into a coma after four minutes, as she was meant to, but that several times she appeared to almost leap out of the coma, as if she were drowning and gasping for air. The other two witnesses say Anke's body was tense for a short time before lapsing into a peaceful state. They say Anke had a good death.

However, one told the Swiss newspaper Sonntagszeitung: "I do not think Dirk Neuhaus and Pomina Bentson are lying. They just saw and felt the situation different from me. It was a very hard day for all of us."
Neuhaus has begun a campaign against Dignitas over the death, which he says he will remember for the rest of his life.

A pharmacological opinion obtained by the Herald found there was almost no precedent for sodium pentobarbital to cause the disturbed coma described by the two witnesses. But on rare occasions unusualreactions, including distress, can occur.

The prosecutor Brunner is investigating the case. It demonstrates the trauma and differing perceptions that can accompanyassisted suicide - and the importance not only of regulation but of psychological preparation for clients and their companions.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/dealing-in-the-desire-for-death-20130524-2k5b2.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Deafsn0w, OnlyMercy, Arak and 1 other person
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
That story makes me want a 12 gauge shotgun more and more.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler and Idorus
T

Tomey

Jan 23, 2019
Some objective specifics about the case;

Then there is the harrowing story of the 43-year-old German secretary Anke H. She had fought terminal brain cancer for four years, says her friend of 18 years, Dirk Neuhaus, a 46-year-old manager with an aluminium extrusion company. In the last two years of her life she would lie crying on the floor of her apartment, immobilised by pain.

Her decision to commit suicide was agonising; she was devoutly Catholic. Neuhaus says that only after a long struggle, and with the support of religious friends, did she decide that God would love her whatever she did. One of these friends, a member of her church, accompanied her to her death.

In November Neuhaus and three others travelled to Zurich with Anke. Their appointment at the Dignitas apartment was fixed for 11am. But in a possibly catastrophic mistake, the Dignitas nurse arrived between 35 and 40 minutes late. In three of the four friends' accounts provided to the Herald, the delay had a huge effect on Anke. Neuhaus and his partner, Pomina Bentson, say she went into shock. A blanket had to be placed over her shoulders as she sat in a wheelchair in the corridor outside the apartment.

In the version of another friend, Anke did not go into shock but certainly "suffered" from the cold and her weakness.

Accounts of what happened inside the apartment diverge dramatically. Neuhaus and Bentson say that 30 seconds after drinking the mixture containing sodium pentobarbital, Anke began to cry out: "I am burning, I am burning, I burn so bad."

The other two witnesses, who requested anonymity, say they did not hear those words. Instead, said one, Anke complained about the drink's bitterness: "This shocking thing! Chocolate! This shocking thing!" Then she spoke to the drink: "Stay in! I want to keep you."

Neuhaus and Bentson allege that Anke fell into a coma after four minutes, as she was meant to, but that several times she appeared to almost leap out of the coma, as if she were drowning and gasping for air. The other two witnesses say Anke's body was tense for a short time before lapsing into a peaceful state. They say Anke had a good death.

However, one told the Swiss newspaper Sonntagszeitung: "I do not think Dirk Neuhaus and Pomina Bentson are lying. They just saw and felt the situation different from me. It was a very hard day for all of us."
Neuhaus has begun a campaign against Dignitas over the death, which he says he will remember for the rest of his life.

A pharmacological opinion obtained by the Herald found there was almost no precedent for sodium pentobarbital to cause the disturbed coma described by the two witnesses. But on rare occasions unusualreactions, including distress, can occur.

The prosecutor Brunner is investigating the case. It demonstrates the trauma and differing perceptions that can accompanyassisted suicide - and the importance not only of regulation but of psychological preparation for clients and their companions.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/dealing-in-the-desire-for-death-20130524-2k5b2.html
Even if it all true, it is one case from thousands of cases... there is never 100% in life.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person